Intrado Customer Care Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

John Shlonsky
  1. "West Corporation"

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Omaha, NE

I worked at Intrado part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working from home office Your own boss Save money on commute, meals and clothes Opportunity to use organization talents

Cons

It's a virtual world. Not for everyone. People who are able to work independently will thrive in this atmosphere. No supervision. Reading scripts verbatim required.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as individuals by reaching out occasionally. Don't just send critiques like robots

Intrado2014-08-23

"2+ year truth time"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid Time Off, Monthly Bonus, 2 Days added vacation, 8 Vacation Days, Full time Schedule, Set Schedule, Some what Flexible, 401 K, Okay Attendance Policy, Somewhat structure, (Some not All) amazing management team, able to wear jeans, etc.

Cons

Attendance Policy, No Feedback, Changes to Structures, HighSchool like enviorment, Bonus and Teir Structures, Managements way of handling some items, ridiculous policies, favoring employees over others, No raises, HR lied in interview, HR doesn't always know what their talking about, (some not all) unprofessional management, etc.

Advice to Management

So in my role as a CCA, i can honestly say that at one point, i used to love my job, now its another story. So i work on a program that does multiple things for clients, not going to elaborate. But when i was hired on, i was told i would be working in a professional environment, be able to receive raises every year, have an amazing PTO schedule, and so much more. Well guess what, not much of this has happened. if i... could give management advice, i would say great job to a few, and others, well they need to work on it. When i started i absolutely loved my job, now not so much. West has made it impossible to bonus on the top level, we don't get any raises/ cost of living increases, I swear i work in a high school environment, and what makes me mad the most is the favoritism. On my program, we have so many females that talk like their in high school. They talk about individuals when their not even their, trash them, and say things like their going to trip them. Honestly, Management has not done a thing to correct this behavior. They low key threaten us to push us into getting a project done on time, and show favoritism to certain employees. An example is by one individual, may i remind you that this was "one" individual, complained about the lights being turned down. Instead of finding a solution to benefiting the program in a who, they turned every single light on, and quite a few individuals suffered from intense migraines, and one even has a seizure to the lights being so high. Management didn't fix the issue until one employee threatened to go to employee resources. Others are allowed to move around the office all they want, and not do their work, while others are yelled/ screamed at to get back to work. Management rarely gives any feed back, but talks about us behind our backs!! How is this professional!!!! Our bonus structure became more strict, and now many individuals are having trouble making bonus, and are looking for other jobs. Trust me, even though they say they appreciate our work, it definitely doesn't seem like it. Don't get me started on HR. They lied to me upon interviewing for the position. You're going to get a raise every year, and so much more. Then when some individuals were laid off, they screwed them out of their Unemployment by providing the wrong dates to apply. I know 3 people that may be kicked out of their apartments due to this mistake. Honestly, i even had to fight for my sign on bonus, because they wanted to provide it at a later date then they told us it would be provided. Honestly, i now know what i want from a job, and this is not it!!! Plus i'm even afraid to put in my two weeks or move to another program, because the head manager on my programs takes anyone leaving the program so seriously, that if they arent moving to another program, their kicked out as soon as they put in their two weeks, and those who move to another programs are told their never allowed to come back to their original program. My work environment literally makes me so sick!! P.s. Madison is not the real location, its the only one in the same district

Intrado2018-06-08
  3. "Customer Care Associate"

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good group of coworkers to work with.

Cons

Pay was low and there was no growth opportunities.

Intrado2017-06-13

Intrado Response

June 19, 2017HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at West. We wish you much success in your future!

4. "Customer Care Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, they really worked with me to find a training class that met my schedule.

Cons

They require you to work weekends.

Intrado2014-09-26

"Not very good"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Set your own schedule ever week

Cons

Everything besides schedule. This company is very bad

Advice to Management

Provide a more knowledgable eadership team

Intrado2014-08-02

"Tedious"

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Omaha, NE

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great. Helpful and fun. Great first time job or someone looking for part time work.

Cons

Everything is so rigid and new and different approaches to problems aren't rewarded or even wanted. often reprimanded for not following the scripts to a T. Management was very self centered, and numbers orientated not really worried about being the most helpful to the customer.

Advice to Management

There's an opportunity to be rave worthy customer care representatives but the scripts should be guidelines and not mandatory. Customers want quick prompt service, not a forced script from a human being. They can get that from a computer prompt.

Intrado2014-07-05

"This is a review of Wests Bank of America short sale division"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lax attendance policy - of course if it was any less lax they'd have no one working there because that's the only plus to the job

Cons

This company that does not value it's employees. For instance, on bulletin boards is posted what the company expects of you, nowhere to be found are employee help issues or employee relations options. If you need to go to the bathroom the time it takes you to go is subtracted from your scheduled break time. Incentives to be positive and do a good job are non-existent. in fact, what you get are threats of being... fired if you make a mistake. Holidays are not paid, not one. Too much is expected for the pay received. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like assets instead of commodities to be used and cast aside when you're done with them.

Intrado2013-01-12

"Slave ship decorated like a kindergarten classroom"

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired, almost too easy, should have taken that as a warning.

Cons

1. Pay was peanuts, and paychecks were either distributed in a Russian -breadline style fashion at specific times on Friday, or on a plastic card that they deducted a fee on. 2. Benefits were worthless. 3. Training was asinine and smacked of grade school drawing and coloring with half-dried crayola markers. 4. Dress code was ridiculous and over-enforced for a bunch of slaves who were never seen by anyone anyway.... 5. Security was overwraught for a call center containing a bunch of scripted drones. 6. No independent thought allowed, and don't expect to be treated like an intelligent adult, ever. So, turn your brain off. 7. Unless you want to get harped on for bathroom visits because being human means needing to pee every so often, wear adult diapers. 8. Way too many ridiculous rules that often contradict each other. You're not a person, you're a number. 9. Corny, overdone scripting that does not sound natural coming from anyone. 10. Dumb little sales "games" within groups for $5 Wally world gift cards, even if you qualify for it, if the walking blimp doesn't make it to your station to verify your sale, all you get is a shrug. 11. Horrible scheduling where they can demand you stay after the end of your shift no matter what you have going on after work, and they can fire you if you refuse because you have a life or a child or just want to go home to your new kitten for heaven's sake! 12. Having to endure unspeakable disrespect and verbal abuse from customers. 13. Having to sell add-ons that aren't worth the paper they're printed on, lest they write you up, which they will anyway. 14. On those lucky weeks when your sales rock, QA will conveniently forget to grade you, hence cheating you out of your bonuses since a good QA score is a mandatory part of the bonus structure. 15. Breaks and lunches so short you have to shovel your food into you so fast that you return to the phones with atrocious indigestion and gas. 16. Can't use your accrued vacation time when you need it, only when they say. 17. Environment was tacky, unprofessional, and decorated like a kindergarten classroom. 18. Computer system was slow and on the fritz almost daily, but we couldn't tell the customers that, even when they were stuck with us for the good part of an hour. 19. Team leads and supervisors are very negative, condescending, and of no help to you professionally. 20. Insanely high turnover and no support.

Advice to Management

Just wipe the whole slate and start over.

Intrado2012-07-18
  9. "A good place to work, if it's the right place for you."

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can really only speak for my experience with the local call center. And as far as that goes, the biggest pro is that it's fairly easy to get hired on here. With the high turnover, they're always looking for more people. The pay and benefits are actually quite good for a job that requires so very little initial experience, and they provide paid training in for whichever contractor you're hired to work for. The... internal sales goals and attendence policies are usually pretty reasonable.

Cons

It's corporate call center work, so the job can pretty high-stress. People will normally only call in if they have a problem, so 90+% of the time, you're starting off on the wrong foot. The real focus of the job is to try and sell more services to these already dissatisfied customers, so expect resistance and the occasional insult. The contractors are in love with their scripting, so sticking to the canned text is... stressed. The contractor's internal database systems are highly inefficient and rarely communitate with each other, so you will be requesting and entering a lot of the same data multiple times per call, which won't endear you to the customer.

Intrado2012-06-07

"Not suitable for anyone over the age of 19...skip if you see the job posting."

Customer Care Associate

I worked at Intrado

Pros

1. If you like to talk, this is a call center so you'll be doing alot of that. 2. Bonus parameters are very easy to reach(calls, payments, up to two latenesses per month) 3. Not at all labor-intensive 4. Better than being unemployed, I guess.

Cons

1. Management changes rules often without rhyme or reason 2. Bonus parameters are very easy(Why is this bad? If it's very simple then almost eveyone does it: My team had 15 ppl and every month 8-9 bonused which cut into monthly pool of bonus funds so everyone got less) 3. High turnover 4. Management is by and large incompetent and your cubicle neighbor usually knows more than they do. 5. No fault-attendance... policy. 6. Favoritism to the degree that supervisors will take gossip as fact and discipline you for it.

Advice to Management

If you(glassdoor reader) look as all the West Corp reviews they're quite consistent. They should 1) Promote more competent managers. 2) Address the turnover, 11 out of 15 rep on my team were there less than 10 months. Your company is like a revolving door and that should raise red flags. Management was quick to use the: "If you don't do X, you get placed on a PIN" for nearly everything...that's infantilizing. Your... site managers think they only way to motivate people to hold their jobs over their head. 3) It's unlikely that employees clocking in one minute early is going to ruin this Fortune 1000 company's profit margin.

Intrado2011-12-14