Intrado Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 26 reviews

3.7
Intrado CEO John Shlonsky
John Shlonsky
  1. "Great on-boarding experience and culture"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

The on-boarding process was smooth and everyone has been extremely welcoming and offering help. Third day on the job people were bringing in pot luck gumbo and we had an office meeting to discuss forming teams to handle group volunteering events, office celebration teams, diversity teams, etc. Fun people that want you to succeed.

Cons

None at this point, but will update if I notice any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Employees obviously feel a loyalty to the company and that comes from a healthy corporate culture.

Intrado2019-01-31
  2. "Equity Group Owner Downsizing Business"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Intrado full-time

Pros

Very talented people with lots of industry experience

Cons

No enough resources to the urgency and complexity of work

Intrado2019-08-24

"Lack of support from Senior Leadership"

Current Employee - Customer Team Director in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Schedule, amenities on site, benefits

Cons

Limited support from Leadership, Budget constraints, Headcount restraints

Advice to Management

Invest in the business and help employees avoid burnout

Intrado2019-07-12

"Change"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Change is always difficult, but we are going in the right direction. The people at West are smart, capable and care deeply about our Company and I cannot wait to see how awesome this place is going to become!

Cons

There are always uncertainties with a Company in our sitauation. Hold Fast.

Intrado2018-10-13

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many pros left since the company privatized. Some positions pay a decent salary.

Cons

Benefits have been significantly reduced. Culture has been thrown out the window. There’s little guidance and communication is vague. Financial results are not being shared. Annual goals continue to shift late into the year. There’s no thoughtful, purposeful, or strategic direction. Back office functions are being eliminated leaving the organization without proper support.

Advice to Management

Having ‘swagger’ is not a business strategy. Layoffs need to be better coordinated along with a thorough understanding of the business impacts. Communication is critically important specially during so much change. Most of the leadership that is being retained are a bunch of ‘yes men’ without merit or proven results. The actions of management need to reflect the company values and current state of affairs. Constant... extravagant travel by some leaders and sales staff do not support the message of fiscal responsibility.

Intrado2018-08-06

"West Benefits In the Toilet !"

Current Employee - Director in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fair Work Life Balance mostly and depending on business unit.

Cons

If you are considered a Highly Compensated employee. Basically any Manager, Developer, Mid to Senior IT, Engineering, Mid to Senior Technical position. You can kiss your retirement good bye if you are currently employed by West. If you are looking for employment with West,consider your ability to plan for retirement with a reasonable 401 K carefully. Your are limited to contributing to the the company 401K and... forced to contribute to a non qualified, tax deferred saving plan which the company matched contributions to in the past. Not ideal, but at least you got 50c from company, for every dollar contributed, and the ability to limit your taxable income just like if you had a real 401K. Management without any notice however recently announced that this plan was being terminated and a fully taxable lump sum payment would be made to current employees participating. This places a huge and unexpected tax liability on individuals. Same communication announced that company match, to a replacement plan would cease. Consequently if you are applying for any mid to senior position with West, you effectively have no real 401K or other tax friendly retirement plan and no company match. You also have the pleasure of being part of a company whose executive management will make huge life changing announcements like this with nothing but a random email.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. If you expect your Management and Key employees in Engineering, IT and other areas to help lead West into the future, you had better learn to communicate more effectively, and be more empathetic on how your actions affect people. You should also look at ways that you can encourage participation in your 401K and make changes so that it can pass the IRS means test. A company the size of West... should be able to provide it's employees with a real 401K. How under these circumstances can we possibly recommend West as a good place to work and why should we stay ?

Intrado2017-11-05

"Stay away"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is none now, culture was moving in right direction but now not a good place to work. They may have set themselves back years.

Cons

Private equity firm just gutted the Staff, top talent let go just to save money Medical plans continue to rise Old technology

Advice to Management

Should really take care of those that take care of the company - make informed decisions not bean counter ones

Intrado2017-11-02
  8. "Recent New Hire"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Process smooth. HR stayed in contact and updated me through out the process.

Cons

Security/Vetting process was a bit clumsy. Had to submit info multiple times to the external contractor.

Intrado2017-04-26
  9. "Aweful Place and Getting Worse"

Former Employee - Director in Appleton, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

EVP of Rev Gen is a visionary just lacks time to handle multiple priorities. Some benefits were very good. Some very passionate and caring people. Training Department and training leadership very good.

Cons

LOW LOW PAY! Long tenured leaders failed to evolve. Significant breakdown between what the Business Development team sold to clients and real capabilities on sales production floor. Too many priorities to focus. Lack of empowerment. Leaders not held accountable for poor results or lack of sales knowledge. Smart and passionate people hired to change culture only met with resistance and complacency.

Advice to Management

Let directors direct, empower people. Remove leaders who fail. Leaders need to get out of the office. Run and engagement survey and listen to the results.

Intrado2017-04-27

Intrado Response

May 4, 2017HR Director

We appreciate you taking time to write a review of your time with West. We wish you well in your future and thank you for your service to the organization.

10. "Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Market leading solution. Highly talented sales and support teams. The company has a passion for customer satisfaction.

Cons

There none at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the channel and continue to integrate the teams.

Intrado2017-03-09