Intrado Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

John Shlonsky
  1. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, great management, great benefits!

Cons

Non that I can think of at this time!

Intrado2019-02-08
  2. "Good Workplace"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is comfortable Teams are great No weekends Great managers

Cons

Advancement takes a little bit of time

Intrado2019-08-07
  3. "Every day is a good day"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities, career growth, get recognized

Cons

Sometimes the people you speak with are a bit short in temperament, unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

Praise, recognition of peers & staff

Intrado2019-03-09

"The Lowest Common Denominator"

Senior Sales Associate in Wausau, WI

I worked at Intrado for more than a year

Pros

Will Hire Anyone Into Revenue Generation, Very Easy Work, Lots of PTO

Cons

Boring, Limited Career Advancement Opportunities, Compartmentalization of Interdependent Departments Leads To Poor Communication and Makes Everything Harder. The Most Common Career Goal is to get a Salary Position With the Goal of Doing as Little as possible once on Salary. I always thought it was supposed to be the opposite.

Advice to Management

1. Promote Some Younger Talent Instead of Old Guard to Shake Up Stagnate Corporate Culture. 2. Quit Manipulating Statistics and Protecting Cheaters before Clients Start Pulling Contracts.

Intrado2019-02-03

"Great Company for employee"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible. Works to meet family needs. Great Training

Cons

Pay for the job expectations

Advice to Management

Great people, training and management. Work on the pay and benefits to keep people.

Intrado2018-11-30
  6. "A great job for those who like to stick to the basics."

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

You choose your hours as long as you hit 40, as a sales rep you pretty much have complete freedom with breaks and such as long as you're hitting your numbers, the job itself is easy to do and doesn't require much, great achievable bonus potential, constant opportunities for advancement, they promote from within, management is helpful and supportive but doesn't stand over your shoulder or micro-manage. Fun activities... and challenges to help motivate higher metrics, you can socialize throughout the day and they encourage it as long as everyone is doing their jobs. I've worked at Alta before coming here and it's a completely different environment-- much more welcome and friendly, much more freedom.

Cons

Being a call center, things change a lot, people get switched around between teams, turnover isn't the greatest so people are in and out. A bit of workplace social drama but it's easy enough to stay out of. You have to use PTO for sick days and leaving early, doctor's appointments, etc, instead of having the option to just take the missed time unpaid and save your PTO for when you actually need it, but I understand... that because to qualify for benefits you need to consistently hit 40 hours. But if you miss so much as fifteen minutes and don't make up the time later in the week, your PTO gets applied to it. In the same area, when I originally interviewed, PTO was awarded on anniversaries for staying with the company, which was a huge factor in why I decided to work here. This reward system has since been removed, so there is less PTO potential throughout the year. There is no food or blankets allowed on the floor for sanitary reasons but it's kind of a pain to have to sit in the breakroom any time you need to snack on something when you could be getting work done and munching between dials. The pay is decent but it's mid-range and raises aren't really a thing unless you get promoted or you've been there for many years.

Advice to Management

PTO is a huge motivator in a call-center environment -- regardless of how fun and engaging you guys really do make the job, working in a call center is an emotionally taxing and draining job, no matter what. That isn't West's fault, but having more days off, in my opinion, reduces turnover and gives us much needed time away from the hundreds of dials to not-so-happy people we make every day. It was a huge aspect of... the interview process that your HR people emphasized as a benefit, and now it's being changed in what I interpret as kind of a shady way. I get that you have numbers to hit with the clients' expectations, but losing more people and having to fill empty cubicles because they're tired of making dials day in and day out with no time off isn't going to help your numbers. This is a fantastic company with a wonderful HR team that knows what they're doing, understands the work and doesn't forget what it was like to be on the floor. Don't lose that aspect.

Intrado2018-11-03

"West Review"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, good hours, competitive hourly pay and bonus structure, friendly people, family atmosphere, people who care about your goals and ambitions and help you achieve them.

Cons

Not too many downsides in my opinion other than the lack of communication sometimes between management and employee.

Advice to Management

Be more open and honest with communicating the changes and such for the company and also provide more gratitude for the hard work that some of us are here to actually do. Not all of us are here to just collect a pay check.

Intrado2018-08-30

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous PTO after 1 year, good coworkers.

Cons

Dysfunctional leadership, bedbugs in the office, unrealistic goals. Even with a good client relationship it still felt like no one knew what was going on.

Advice to Management

Act like leaders and not babysitters. Easily the least professional environment you can imagine, but it is a call center.

Intrado2018-09-15

"Sales Associate"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I think it’s sketchy that in a single day they raked in so many rave reviews.

Cons

No one offered me anything to do a flattering review.

Advice to Management

At least to make it appear legit

Intrado2018-08-30

"Can't trust reviews - employees offered incentives to write"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will get ample PTO... if you can tolerate being there long enough to earn it, and if your program allows you to use it.

Cons

Not even sure where to start. As stated in the title, the company has offered individuals incentives to write positive things about them; so take the "amazing" reviews with a grain of salt. Be prepared to have a backup plan because no program is safe. This company is a business to business telephone sales and customer service. Working there for many years I have seen many companies pull out their business in... partial or full capacity causing people to either be reassigned within the company (often for less pay) or lose their jobs entirely. They make bonus sound so amazing when you get hired, but when companies continue to pull out the money has to come from somewhere so bonus will keep getting cut or make it impossible to obtain. If you have a problem with management or a coworker just expect that taking it to the Employee Relations Department will get it nowhere. There have been multiple complaints of sexual harassment that have not been addressed and current legal filings regarding this matter. Also as mentioned before - you may be afforded a decent amount of PTO - but there will be PTO freezes constantly and limitations on how many hours can be taken per team per month so good luck utilizing it. If you have any medical accommodations or need time off; again good luck getting it approved. You will need to fill out numerous forms that magically always get lost by corporate, resulting in multiple calls, faxes, and just general frustration. Raises do not occur on an annual basis, sometimes not even biannually. You will be lucky if you see one every 3-4 years; and it may only be 25-50 cents. Best advice, find a company who truly values you; because it certainly isn't this one.

Advice to Management

Take a management class.

Intrado2018-07-12