Intrado Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 4 Aug 2019

3.5
Intrado CEO John Shlonsky
John Shlonsky
  1. "Excellent, provided best practices across several fortune 500 companies. WEST is best in class in their space."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent, provided best practices across several fortune 500 companies. WEST is a leader and best in class in their space. Helps fortune 500 and 1000 level companies deliver customized sales solutions to their customers better than they could do themselves in terms of flexibility, scale, and quality! Good training and development opportunities if you pursue them.

Cons

Limited work from home opportunities when I worked there, which isn’t ideal if you have a family and could deliver quality work from home at times depending on your role.

Intrado2018-01-27
  2. "CORPORATE REVIEW"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Middleton, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people as co workers

Cons

Pay, criticism without coaching. Corporate culture is severely lacking

Advice to Management

Pay a fair wage and coach your employees.

Intrado2019-08-04
  3. "Work Environment"

Former Employee - Channel Sales Manager in Temecula, CA

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good People, Allowed to work remotely.

Cons

Many re-orgs, Just purchased by private equity company,

Intrado2019-05-30
  4. "Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Reno, NV

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Gave me the opportunity to get some tenure as a manager and taught me needed skills to be more competitive in the work environment.

Cons

Raises were scarce. Needed more structure to the hiring process for new employees.

Intrado2019-05-20

"Sales Manager"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Comfortable work environment, Work/Life balance is wonderful. We have a number of new Employee Resource Groups which allows associates to get involved with extra curricular activities and the culture of the business.

Cons

We ask sales associates to learn a lot, work hard and be responsible for growing a large base of business. Pay is mediocre so that makes it difficult to keep good employees.

Advice to Management

Upper management please take a hard look at what a living wage for a family is. Offer good employees the ability to earn above that living wage.

Intrado2018-12-31
  6. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good strong friendly team. Door Open policy for all managers and Directors. Encouraged for advancement. 4 weeks vacation starting off

Cons

If working in the City Center downtown the parking and walk to offices is a hassle

Advice to Management

Make outside reps more accountable and get answers more quickly.

Intrado2018-04-25
  7. "Haven't found better - yet"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So much professional growth available. Some divisions have an amazing culture

Cons

The culture isn't uniform Pay is mediocre Exec leaders don't have enough pull to get things done.

Advice to Management

Invest time into understanding your employee's day to day lives.

Intrado2017-10-19

October 25, 2017HR Director

Thank you for taking time to write a review as a current employee of West. We appreciate your service to the organization!

"Good For Starting (Middleton location)"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Middleton, WI

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities for advancement if you are a top-performer and professional. Opportunity for bonus, though it isn't guaranteed. Comfortable office space compared to other call centers.

Cons

Pay is mediocre at best, and despite what the company tells you, the tiered system is not based on difficulty of program; it is based on which programs bring in the most revenue for the company. My salary was negotiated so it was higher than most sales managers' salaries. My advice is to negotiate your salary if you are in management. Depending on manager/director/senior director/VP, there are elements of... micromanaging that went on. Even as a sales manager, I had to push back to my leaders when they wanted me to micromanage. Some of the employees they hire are really not quality hires, we HR has a quota to fill for classes. This brings down morale of top performers and interferes negatively with company culture.

Advice to Management

Hire quality candidates and don't hire larges classes at once. Classes should be no more than 6 - 8 new hires, tops. Review the pay rates, as they are not competitive for the market in the area. I relocated to a smaller city with lower cost of living and similar companies here offer more per hour at entry level. Stop micromanaging, as it takes away from your sales mangers' ability to do their jobs effectively, thus... interfering with morale, engagement, and ultimately leading to atrocious turnover. Despite what upper leadership would have you believe, most employees leave West due to policies, consistently changing bonus structures, and processes driven down from upper leadership. Let the managers manage their teams and quit forcing down mandatory policies that kill morale and drive attrition.

Intrado2017-10-24

October 25, 2017HR Director

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at West. We wish you much success in your future and we appreciate your service to the organization.

9. "Direct Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Direct Sales Manager

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative, team environment. Upside in bonus / incentive structure. Upward mobility.

Cons

I haven't noticed any downsides.

Advice to Management

No cons realized to date.

Intrado2017-04-26

April 27, 2017HR Director

We appreciate you sharing your enthusiasm for working at West. It is highly engaged employees like you who make the organization successful. Thank you!

10. "Senior Sales Associate"

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, Flexible M-F Schedule, Lots of paid vacation time

Cons

Capped bonuses and limited chances to increase income.

Advice to Management

Develop flexible contracts with client partners that allows West to increase tenured and high performing associates salary without effecting West's bottom line.

Intrado2017-03-29

March 29, 2017HR Director

As a current leader, we appreciate hearing from you on the ways in which we can continue to improve. Thank you for taking time to write a review on West and thank you for your service to the company!

Found 31 reviews