Intrado Technical Support Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 15 reviews

1.7
Intrado CEO John Shlonsky
John Shlonsky
  1. "Customer/Technical Support Representative 2"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Warren, OH

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

The comfort of the working environment and the knowledge of the support from the upper management.

Cons

Movement of employment from one department to another.

Advice to Management

Keep positions permanent .

Intrado2016-09-01
  2. "Technical Support Rep"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Reno, NV

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

West is good place to work for those either just joining the work force and those rejoining. they offer more over time then you can possibly work.

Cons

They try to mandate over time. the training is almost never enough to fully understand the job at hand.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, and they will respect you. Don't focus on the rules so much but on the spirit of the rules.

Intrado2015-06-18

"I worked here for six months...never again.."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Reno, NV

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

a paycheck and that is about it..

Cons

A 7 minute bathroom break for the whole day... really? Incompetent supervisors and management.. Working through my breaks and lunch... I just worked here long enough to find another job.

Advice to Management

a better training class that actually trains you to be on the floor... Most people in my training class left in three months or less because the training was insufficient...

Intrado2015-01-03
  4. "Pay isn't everything"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training was great, pay was great (at first) and the floor managers seemed cool when they came to visit.

Cons

As soon as you get into calls, thats where everything breaks down. They're systems are a mess, you can't find or do Anything. Everything takes soo much time to do while you have someone on the line with you explaining the issue, and they aren't nice about it ever. These are some of the meanest people ever, no contest. Its at this point where they pay isnt Nearly enough to put up with the hassle or BS that comes with... being with this company.

Advice to Management

Stream line your software. Don't track Everything everyone does and rate us based on this. We dont Always need to use all they systems. Work with the company that contracts you in order to clean up your Win95 like software, all 8 of them.

Intrado2014-10-30
  5. "Mind Numbing"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Niles, OH

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its relatively easy pay. Coworkers are usually nice. Very flexible schedule. If you want overtime you can have as much as you want. If you know how to work the system you can call off a lot and not get in trouble.

Cons

Customers are always angry and yelling. The job is the same day in and day out which is mind numbing and burned me out. Don't get a lot of breaks. No paid lunch. Management for the most part is crap and doesn't know how to run a company. They DO NOT care about you or the other employees. Its difficult to go up in the company and if you aren't best friends with management you won't get promoted. Your degree means... nothing here.

Advice to Management

Learn to care for your employees. Talk with them. Get to know them. And stop hiring idiots.

Intrado2014-07-11
  6. "No accountability"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, pay was a bit better that mcdonalds, and co workers were nice and offered what little help they could

Cons

Management sucked, little to know advancement opportunity, they forgot to pay me several times, as in forgot my entire paycheck, they kept firing my supervisor, I had 5 different ones in my yeah there, didnt pay very well and werent willing to invest in theor employees, anf the insurance was terrible.

Advice to Management

Fire all who dont pass a competency exam, and maybe give everyone a raise so that they don't have such a high turnover rate.

Intrado2014-06-23

"This place is a joke"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Niles, OH

I have been working at Intrado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talking to people on the phone that have a brain

Cons

working with people that dont have a brain

Advice to Management

The people that work here are very unprofessional looking...gages, colored hair, tattoos sticking out all over. maturity level is that of an elementary school

Intrado2014-04-03
  8. "Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Intrado part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule when working at home. I attending school and worked from home and chose my own hours. Very Flexible. There were also some fun clients to work for and extra incentives when working certain hours. I believe the best projects are the ones opened 24/7.

Cons

The pay was a little bit on the low side, when I was employed at home. But at the time, it was enough to get by.

Advice to Management

N/A

Intrado2014-01-17
  9. "Where else can you get hired with no education or experience for 10.50 a hour?"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Niles, OH

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent starting pay and gets better after 90 days. Constantly build UTO for hours worked. If you want to work 60+ hours a week for the most part you can. You can get hired with no work experience per say and no education or specialized skills required.

Cons

Training program for technical associate (inbound calls) was infantile. Consisting of coloring pictures and posters, playing games and talking about your feelings. Performance is based really on two things. Customers rating their feelings of your client company, and how well you stick to your schedule. No real recognition except for the allowance of wearing shorts on occasion and a balloon. Management was... very disorganized and rivalry of a bad sort made their support quite useless because it was never there. Weekly meetings with your team where a senior manager scolds you for costing the business money by not being good enough but really there isn't much you can do to change customer perception. No annual raises No advancement or initial job placement for previous experience or education. Everyone must start at the bottom and work through the internal systems metrics of "how good are you" So if you have a degree of any sort or any impressive experience including a platinum resume it won't come into play. I brought my resume to my first interview and they essentially threw it away. You cannot request time off it doesn't matter if it is your wedding, kids birthday, family vacation or any life event aside from a funeral (blood relation only) . You have to either use UTO or PTO or post your hours. If you have no UTO which builds at the rate of about 2 hours per 2 week period or PTO which comes once a year and then nobody picks up your hours you will be forced to call off. It is very difficult to get a schedule change and most people hired in will work a range of 1pm-1am. You will not get Saturday and Sunday both off if either at all. Last but not least during peak periods mandatory overtime will be added to your schedule and very little allowance is made for employees personal lives.

Advice to Management

Promote or hire in managers with experience "managing" just because John Doe is great on a phone call doesn't mean he knows a thing about management. Don't gather employees in a meeting to complain that the clients company customer perception is slipping based on their own errors and not that of the team, especially don't talk down to them. And don't send out mass messages about how it is everyone's... responsibility to pick up more hours because the client needs it. The subtext of that is the client is more important then us. And really, they only want that because they pay West less then they pay internally.

Intrado2013-08-29

"Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at Intrado full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay you. They hire ANYONE with a pulse.

Cons

This is a horrible work environment. From the shared desks, shared headsets, and filthy conditions you can expect to get head lice, or so sort of skin condition including staph infection. The co-workers are pretty much the bottom of society, the uneducated, felons, heavily tattooed and pierced. Mainly the unemployable. The supervisors are selected from this group and mostly are scooped from the bottom of those ranks.... The supervisors are unskilled and unable to manage their teams, they are not trained to do so effectively. You will enjoy back to back to back to back calls ALL DAY. If you even think about turning your phone off between calls even for a moment to note the account you will be yelled at. The training is a joke, it comes no where near preparing you for the actual job or taking calls. The turn over rate is over 100% and once you hit the floor, they will work on writing you up and filling your seat with a new hire. Why..?? Because west is PAID by AT&T to TRAIN people, they make lots of money training new people, they do not get an incentive to retain their Veteran workers. Those on the call floor do not earn the money for west as those in training. Therefore, keep the revolving door and turnover high is a benefit to the bottom line. While taking back to back calls, they will surprise you with mandatory overtime, this is required and counts against you if you do not take it. To hell with any prior plans or life events outside of work. They allow you two 10 min breaks, these are all you get anything else counts against you and leads to being written up. You also get a 30 min lunch. Do they care about the little things, like a coffee pot for the help? Nope. Sometimes they will make popcorn or Cotten candy! Wow just like in elementary school. If you have to have a job, are a felon, are unemployable as a result of your face tats and piercings, this is the place for you. They will hire anyone with a pulse.

Advice to Management

None. They won't make any changes

Intrado2013-09-20