Intrepid Travel Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2019

Found 44 reviews

3.3
James Thornton
  1. "Excellent Company leading the way in the travel industry"

Former Employee - Private Groups Coordinator in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I loved working at Intrepid Travel and being a part of the Intrepid Group. I stared with the company as a tour leader and eventually ended up in Custom Groups Sales. The passion everyone has in the company is amazing and their commitment to Responsible Travel is excellent. The people I worked with across all continents were amazing and Intrepid just has some of the best people ever!

Cons

Limited growth opportunities if you do not reside in the UK or Australia. The company is changing this slowly but the closure of their USA office means it will be difficult for US residents to progress with the company.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep up the good work! Intrepid Group is an amazing company delivering an awesome product, and doing amazing things in the travel world.

Intrepid Travel2018-12-10
  2. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At intrepid we believe in the best Tavel experiences and we believe in our people. The compensation is above average for our industry. There is a lot of support from upper management.

Cons

Sometimes we end up working long hours, but it’s because we are surrounded by a passionate committed team.

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was a more structured HR support team in the regions.

Intrepid Travel2018-08-09
  3. "Great people to work with"

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time

Pros

As a global company there are plenty of opportunities to learn and work with people from all areas of the business The people are hardworking and they are incredibly passionate about what they do Lots of opportunity to learn more about how the business works, shadowing and working with other Opportunities to travel A fun atmosphere with lots going on inside and out of the office Responsible office – paperless...

Cons

Working in travel the salary is lower than other industries January is a busy time of year so holiday is unlikely to be signed off during this time

Intrepid Travel2018-08-07
  4. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with people who are passionate about travel & responsible business The company is about purpose over profit, a focus on doing good in the World rather than making profits Great office space in a great location Great opportunities to travel 10% Bonus

Cons

As with most travel companies, pay could be better Tough targets to hit some months Work hard play hard ethos - not to everyone's liking

Intrepid Travel2018-08-03
  5. "Dynamic and ever changing company."

Former Employee - Assistant Product Manager in Ringwood, Victoria

I worked at Intrepid Travel for more than 5 years

Pros

As travel wholesalers go, Intrepid is the closest you will get to a not-for-profit. The commitment to responsible and sustainable travel is genuinely at the core of what they do. They offer great perks; an extra 5 days leave, RDO’s, one F.O.C a year and flexible working arrangements dependent on the department you are in. The new Melbourne digs are a great place to work.

Cons

Pay. It’s shocking. But not much worse than the industry standard. Internal recruitment processes are intense and the successful candidates are not always based on credentials.

Advice to Management

Better support and resources for professional development are needed at more junior levels of the business.

Intrepid Travel2018-08-01
  6. "Fun & friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Travel perks Casual and friendly workplace Flexible work policy Sustainable business practices Dynamic working environment

Cons

Decision making can be very drawn out, slowing down the pace of work Poor salary compared to the rest of the industry

Intrepid Travel2018-01-31

"Unfortunately not what it used to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

It had a great culture years ago, but more recently this has dissipated. Good travel perks.

Cons

Only flexible working environment for some Poor salary - not reflected in hard work Promotion and career progression limited for most Outsourcing over done

Advice to Management

Leadership team need to listen to employees, and value them. Outsourcing needs to stop. Too much emphasis on bottom line, rather than employee engagement

Intrepid Travel2017-10-04
  8. "IT Support"

Former Employee - IT Support in Melbourne

I worked at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing people, company culture, travel perks and leadership

Cons

Working at a travel company which is something I wholeheartedly signed up for, unfortunately the salary wasn't very large!

Advice to Management

Loved every minute working at Intrepid Travel! Amazing Company! Incredible vision! I learnt so much from everyone within this company. Wish I didn't have to leave!

Intrepid Travel2017-06-30
  9. "When Work Feels Like Being In Love"

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Outstanding culture, excellent WLB - Passionate, talented people - Purpose beyond profit - walks the talk when it comes to corporate sustainability, responsible travel, responsible business - Has the energy of a start-up; this is the kind of place where you can drive your own development - ideas are recognised and implemented - great travel opportunities, educational leave, free trips, RDOs, flexible working options

Cons

- the hangover of big corporate partnership break-up means that there are still a lot of systems that are being pulled together, and sometimes not enough resource to deliver on big plans - despite having excellent travel benefits, the pay is not competitive.

Intrepid Travel2017-06-19
  10. "Team Lead"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Colombo

I have been working at Intrepid Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Environment and management, Culture, Benifits

Cons

Super duper place to start your career

Advice to Management

None

Intrepid Travel2017-03-15