Intuit Reviews in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Reno, NV

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Intuit is an Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intuit cares about its employees! Great benefits package and work/life balance.

Cons

We need better food options in Reno. Thankfully there are eateries close by that we can go to

"Ok but not so great"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Unless you play smoochy smoochy with management they kick you out the door or stifle your advancement. Entry level management often doesn't know half of what a first year temp employee does. Training is inadequate. Almost no room for advancement. First line supervisors do not practice integrity without compromise which somehow made it off the intuit values.

Advice to Management

Change the entire management team in reno Nevada. I have never worked for a worse unethical crew

"Tax Associate"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical Insurance and 401k Benefits

Cons

Department Management and v

Advice to Management

Separate work from personal life. They have a very difficult time doing this.

4. "Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work place flexibility, great benefits, gives back to the community, opportunity for growth.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"It's vital to know someone to get hired"

Former Employee - Payroll Setup Specialist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Payroll Setup Specialist in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Annual merit raise, stock shares. Benefits are great! You will learn something new everyday. Once you are hired it is hard to get fired so even the worst customer service reps will have a job. The company will continue to function so there will always be work.

Cons

They will hire everyone's family/friend with a pulse, whether that person has payroll experience or not. You will change managers every year...at least. I had 7 different managers in 4 years. But that may be a good thing too. No opportunity to grow in the Reno area. However, you will be given false hope of promotion or a change in department, but your current manager will not let you leave. *Oh, and MANDATORY OVERTIME from our new managers (that came from a bank call center that is currently being looked into for unfair practices).

Advice to Management

Perhaps you should believe your employees when they tell you something is going on that is not quite right. Upper management...do not just stick your nose in the air and speak only to certain people in the center. Actually walk the aisles and speak to EVERYONE.

Intuit Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Talent Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it is invaluable to our improvement. We are committed to creating a transparent and supportive environment for all of our employees, so we’re... More

6. "Tax preparation"

Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Great people & fun atmosphere

Cons

Seasonal not long term opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep your good seasonal workers.

"Intuit Reno - Can't find a better company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture is second to none. People here care about one another and go above and beyond to help somebody out. We just had our annual holiday party, and WOW! They really know how to take care of the employees and make the night so special. We have the best benefits, and my manager is by far the best anybody could hope to have. We get over 3 weeks paid vacation every year, and have an amazing work life balance. I have been here for 13 years and can't imagine going to any other company, no matter how much they would pay me. The diversity and inclusion is amazing in regards to networks, and we give employees 32 hours a year to volunteer during work hours with a non profit. Intuit also matches any donation to a non profit for up to $5k per employee!

Cons

Busy season is December through January, and stretches to April for some departments. The CARE managers for customer service could do better as they seem to care about metrics only. Some are better than others, but that department could use some work and have the managers actually do the job of the employees to earn respect and show how to do it better. Some of the mangers don't actively work on career development, but instead hoard the employees and won't let them move to another department.

Advice to Management

Especially to the CARE customer service managers, allow your employees time off of the phones to join networks and grow their careers. Take the advice of Julie Kirtley as she seems to have the best team with hard working, positive employees. She gives them every opportunity to shine and work beyond just taking calls and having high metrics. She creates the whole package.

"Working at Intuit is the best career move I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are given the opportunity to make choices that will impact the outcomes of the customers, employees and shareholders at Intuit. There are so many things that intuit provides for you as an employee from outstanding benefits, the opportunities to grow your career and a chance to give back to your community. I get to work with really smart people that have a passion and desire to do the right things for our customers and those we work with.

Cons

Honestly the only cons are found in any business yet Intuit has less of the same old thing.

Advice to Management

Continue on our journey that has been outlined from Brad down. We are on a path that will take Intuit to the next level yet again.

9. "Service and Support Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV

Pros

Consistently rated a top company to work for, I loved the benefits. If you love working in customer service this job may be a great fit.

Cons

call center environment can be hard on some people, customers in the High value department were very demanding and metrics had a very harsh curve.

Advice to Management

losing good people due to a very harsh metric and not enough follow up and follow through with new employees, to have successful retention.

10. "20+ Years and Loving It"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for career mobility and learning
    Reno is beautiful and great place to live; campus is nice

Cons

We need a gym here at our site

Showing 57 of 3,338 reviews