Intuit Reviews in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Release Coordinator in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Release Coordinator in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that values their employees more than Intuit. 125% match up to 6% 401k. RSU packages, 15% discount on Stock, Great bonus package, $650/year stipend towards well being (fitness, mental, financial), friendly atmosphere, employees are engaging and truly like to help each other out

Cons

Lack of documentation/processes throughout the company, too many tools/applications across the org.

2. "Overall a good company"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Pay
    2. Environment
    3. People (peers/subordinates)
    4. Benefits
    5. Perks
    6. Location

Cons

Environment
    Career Mobility
    Being a large corporation
    Motivations don't always match values (at the individual level)

Advice to Management

Don't lead with the idea of negativity and discipline in mind. Instead lead with the direction for improved outcomes. This should be a partnership not a "do as I say", situation where the employee is made to feel as though they are inadequate for the work they do.
    Career mobility is all to often spoken about at the agent level. However this companies training programs, mentor ships, and drive to educate and empower it's people managers is severely lacking. Intuit, as this site, spends a ridiculous amount of time trying to move the agents, who haven't shown a solid vested interest, up in the company while forgetting that the managers who motivate, inspire and otherwise lead their teams to greatness also have career aspirations. I can understand that I own my career path, I can take that and run with it. However there is a level at which you want the company to devote resources to my success not just the agents and the managers above me. While it's a reality that I face, it's hard to have to say, I must leave the company to move up any further.

This company has great potential. At times though, the direction/motivations/desires of the senior management staff can compete with the values of the company. I wouldn't turn anyone away because the mission, the values and the joy that I get from working for a company that has core values that match my own are just what I want to share with others. It's just that, as with other corporations I am sure, you have a few people out there that are looking out for them and them alone. I believe in taking care of yourself, SO THAT YOU CAN, take care of others. People should not forget to take part in and do the latter. My colleagues are my family. To have some that are only out for their own and not planning on giving back to the family makes it hard to trust them and work for or with them.
    In the end it may not seem as though this is a favorable review, but it is. I would like to think it's a realistic review that gives some food for thought in a good way. Don't point to the problem if you can't come up with a solution.

3. "Intuit is an Awesome Company"

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intuit cares about its employees! Great benefits package and work/life balance.

Cons

We need better food options in Reno. Thankfully there are eateries close by that we can go to

4. "Tax preparation"

Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Great people & fun atmosphere

Cons

Seasonal not long term opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep your good seasonal workers.

"Intuit Reno - Can't find a better company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture is second to none. People here care about one another and go above and beyond to help somebody out. We just had our annual holiday party, and WOW! They really know how to take care of the employees and make the night so special. We have the best benefits, and my manager is by far the best anybody could hope to have. We get over 3 weeks paid vacation every year, and have an amazing work life balance. I have been here for 13 years and can't imagine going to any other company, no matter how much they would pay me. The diversity and inclusion is amazing in regards to networks, and we give employees 32 hours a year to volunteer during work hours with a non profit. Intuit also matches any donation to a non profit for up to $5k per employee!

Cons

Busy season is December through January, and stretches to April for some departments. The CARE managers for customer service could do better as they seem to care about metrics only. Some are better than others, but that department could use some work and have the managers actually do the job of the employees to earn respect and show how to do it better. Some of the mangers don't actively work on career development, but instead hoard the employees and won't let them move to another department.

Advice to Management

Especially to the CARE customer service managers, allow your employees time off of the phones to join networks and grow their careers. Take the advice of Julie Kirtley as she seems to have the best team with hard working, positive employees. She gives them every opportunity to shine and work beyond just taking calls and having high metrics. She creates the whole package.

"Working at Intuit is the best career move I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are given the opportunity to make choices that will impact the outcomes of the customers, employees and shareholders at Intuit. There are so many things that intuit provides for you as an employee from outstanding benefits, the opportunities to grow your career and a chance to give back to your community. I get to work with really smart people that have a passion and desire to do the right things for our customers and those we work with.

Cons

Honestly the only cons are found in any business yet Intuit has less of the same old thing.

Advice to Management

Continue on our journey that has been outlined from Brad down. We are on a path that will take Intuit to the next level yet again.

7. "20+ Years and Loving It"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for career mobility and learning
    Reno is beautiful and great place to live; campus is nice

Cons

We need a gym here at our site

8. "Care Leader"

Current Employee - CARE Leader in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - CARE Leader in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Engagement of the people and how we operate to our Values. We are constantly looking to the future and re-imagining who we are.

Cons

A bigger company that at times takes a long time to get things done.

Advice to Management

Continue looking forward, solving for employees, customers and shareholders in that order.

9. "Intuit Reno - Best Place to Work 2 Years in a Row"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intuit Reno has been selected as the number one place to work in Reno for the past 2 years and placed second for the three years prior.

Intuit's Stakeholders are identified in order of priority - Employee, Customer, Shareholder and they live it everyday.

The cornerstones of our company values are We Care and Give Back and Integrity Without Compromise - We are paid for 32 volunteer hours and I have complete confidence that the company operates with integrity each and every day and holds it's employees accountable for same.

Employee Engagement is measured bi-annually and the company acts on areas of improvement identified in the AES. It's not just lip service...

Focus on Work Life Balance

Cons

Intuit Reno has limited opportunity for mobility due to it's size and tenure of the team.

10. "Intuit Rocks!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intuit has been the #1 best place to work 2 years running in the Large Corp category for Reno and #2 for 3 years prior. Intuit truly cares about their employees and gives leadership the tools and resources necessary to grow talent. Intuit cares about worklife balance, flexibility depending on role and having some fun! A few examples of these things are:
    -Work from Home opportunities are available for individuals who have proven successful in connecting remotely while still exceeding in their role.
    -Intuit understands the value of needing to recharge, regroup and reenergize so upon our return, we can continue doing the best work of our lives. As most know, tax season tends to be our busiest time so it was recently announced that we will receive TWO days off in the month of December (that does not deduct from our current time off) to recharge!
    -Intuit encourages engagement that not structured. Intuit's leadership has a belief that when people are encouraged to spend time together at work while it's not agenda filled or topic heavy, new ideas are naturally born and innovation thrives.

Cons

Intuit Reno is not well known in the community. Intuit is the best kept, large company, secret in Reno! We have some of the best products in the industry w/ Turbo Tax & Quickbooks- come work with the dream team!

Showing 23 of 3,374 reviews