Intuit Reviews in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Reno, NV

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Best company to work for in town"

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Performance Coach in Reno, NV

Pros

Intuit has great benefits and great people to work with. They are very interested in helping the employee grow and shine. They also are great at helping with work life balance. Intuit offers an onsite cafe, great insurance, great pay, gym reimbursement and much more. They also offer opportunities to help in the community and get paid for it. Intuit has many clubs to help with networking and feeling included. Intuit offers big cash bonus to employees who work hard at their job, they also offer gift card bonuses and many team bonuses. They are very respectfull and understanding. It's the best company I have worked for.

Cons

This is hard for me to come up with some downsides of working at Intuit because I think its such a great company. I would have to say they have a hard time firing people. I think in many cases we have the wrong people sitting around because they have been there forever and we think they have some sort of knowledge in their brain that nobody else might have. The attendance policy is too open and we need a dress code (to protect my eyes from unsightly body parts). We don't participate in the corporate challenge which everyother company in town does.

Advice to Management

I would suggest setting up a mentor type program to help with career development. I also think we should start a program like GE to cut the bottom 10% in order to help grow with the top employees. I think the Senior Management is doing a great job, they have made a lot of changes recently and it has kicked our sales force in gear and we are now moving forward with the right employees working hard for the company. I think we should cap the meetings sometimes I feel as though I am going to meetings that talk about the same thing over and over then nobody actually goes back and does the work. If we stopped talking and started doing we would get more done.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Work/Life Balance; good community partner; treats employees with respect

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

3. "Good people, good balance, like coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Pros

People here are respectful of each other. No yelling or cursing. Interesting products & we get to talk to our customers a lot (vs products that go out and you never find out how they get used).

Cons

One drawback: no on-site gym.

Advice to Management

One drawback: no on-site gym.

4. "Intuit is the place to be."

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Intuit is a company that understands that you have a life outside of work and they support you in taking care of your family first. Fun is key around here we make sure we are always looking for ways to have fun. This company always backs up what they say they are going to do and then sets the bar high for us to reach. Going Green is a good example Intuit is working everyday on making our footprint better for the world. This is not just a catch pharse or flavor of the month we are putting plans together. Teams are being assigned and so on.

Cons

There are no real down sides to Intuit. Could we do somethings different sure. This is still a growing company that has had some good times and bad. Think about it what was your life like in its fits 25 years of life. I know there were many things I would look back on and change and I think Intuit has taken the look back and is now trying to move the needle forward. Even in our meeting we don't talk about the history we talk about making history. Intuit need to get is name out there we are know for Turbo Tax and Quickbooks and not Intuit.

Advice to Management

Brad keep doing what you have done so fair as you have been here with Intuit. We need to continue to position ourselves for growth. Think smart and move fast but lets not move so fast that we leave some of our customers behind. While the generation next is moving at a hundred miles a minute our small business generation is our base and we can not force them into the gen "X" type of model. My parents don't like the way us kids do things sometimes and it is because we are moving way faster them them. They like their system and we can not force them to change. Let's not make the same mistake and force out base to change to the future until they are ready.

5. "Strong company...great benefits...big thumbs up!"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV

Pros

The services Intuit provides are high quality and make the employees proud to be a part of their development. The benefits package is outstanding. Work life balance is respected. There are lots of diverse opportunities within the company. There are many female leaders - a big plus given the fact that men have ruled the roost for decades. Good work is recognized and rewarded - this feeds the desire to drive to even better results and increases employee engagement and motivation.

Cons

Frequent changes in certain senior leader positions sometimes results in lack of solid, clear, and consistent direction.

Advice to Management

Keep senior leaders in place long enough to establish clear, consistent, long-term direction. Offer more consistent internal formal learning and development opportunities. Instructor-led learning and development courses used to be more available than they are now. This impedes employees at all levels to learn soft skills that are critical in multiple roles.

"A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A fun environment with innovative and creative people, that fosters growth and encourages innovation. Intuit puts great effort into making sure employees succeed. Intuit also focuses highly on giving back to the local communities where it has offices.

Cons

I don't have any cons

7. "Intuit Cares About Its People"

Current Employee - Group Product Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Group Product Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love that Intuit has established and well-known values, and the company truly lives those values and holds its employees to those values. One of the values is "It's The People," and they believe that. But they don't loose sight of customers and shareholders.

Brad Smith is a rock star of a CEO. I would follow him wherever he went. He's amazing, and he is the reason the company is growing and innovating.

Cons

Lots of reorganization
    Too much PowerPoint (but they're working on it!)
    Not enough honest dialogue....to much candy-coating

Advice to Management

Get better at company valuations for acquisitions and find a better way to infuse Intuit's strengths into acquired companies without squashing their innovative culture

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Support in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Support in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture, great benefits, great people

Cons

progressive company always changing the game plan, need to be flexible always

9. "Good experience as of now"

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, awesome benefits and nice people

Cons

Nothing as of now. I have found the company pretty good as a new employee..

10. "Amazing People, Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Payroll Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Payroll Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intuit not only provides great tangible benefits to its employees, but the very culture exudes employee-centric values. The management at every level sets the tone of owning your own future but does everything they can to encourage, challenge, and support you.

Cons

There really aren't a ton of detractors except that it can appear to be difficult to advance. In some areas it seems like there can be little movement.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold people accountable at every level, bring out the best in everyone by helping individuals to see how they help carry the vision forward on a daily basis.

Showing 59 of 3,382 reviews