Intuit Reviews in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Release Coordinator in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Release Coordinator in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that values their employees more than Intuit. 125% match up to 6% 401k. RSU packages, 15% discount on Stock, Great bonus package, $650/year stipend towards well being (fitness, mental, financial), friendly atmosphere, employees are engaging and truly like to help each other out

Cons

Lack of documentation/processes throughout the company, too many tools/applications across the org.

2. "Overall a good company"

Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Pay
    2. Environment
    3. People (peers/subordinates)
    4. Benefits
    5. Perks
    6. Location

Cons

Environment
    Career Mobility
    Being a large corporation
    Motivations don't always match values (at the individual level)

Advice to Management

Don't lead with the idea of negativity and discipline in mind. Instead lead with the direction for improved outcomes. This should be a partnership not a "do as I say", situation where the employee is made to feel as though they are inadequate for the work they do.
    Career mobility is all to often spoken about at the agent level. However this companies training programs, mentor ships, and drive to educate and empower it's people managers is severely lacking. Intuit, as this site, spends a ridiculous amount of time trying to move the agents, who haven't shown a solid vested interest, up in the company while forgetting that the managers who motivate, inspire and otherwise lead their teams to greatness also have career aspirations. I can understand that I own my career path, I can take that and run with it. However there is a level at which you want the company to devote resources to my success not just the agents and the managers above me. While it's a reality that I face, it's hard to have to say, I must leave the company to move up any further.

This company has great potential. At times though, the direction/motivations/desires of the senior management staff can compete with the values of the company. I wouldn't turn anyone away because the mission, the values and the joy that I get from working for a company that has core values that match my own are just what I want to share with others. It's just that, as with other corporations I am sure, you have a few people out there that are looking out for them and them alone. I believe in taking care of yourself, SO THAT YOU CAN, take care of others. People should not forget to take part in and do the latter. My colleagues are my family. To have some that are only out for their own and not planning on giving back to the family makes it hard to trust them and work for or with them.
    In the end it may not seem as though this is a favorable review, but it is. I would like to think it's a realistic review that gives some food for thought in a good way. Don't point to the problem if you can't come up with a solution.

3. "Intuit: Great place to work with......"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best culture I have ever worked in my entire career, everybody supports everybody, never heard of any bickering matches.
    Company focus extensively towards employee personal growth.

Cons

None. My job is amazing.

"Ok but not so great"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Unless you play smoochy smoochy with management they kick you out the door or stifle your advancement. Entry level management often doesn't know half of what a first year temp employee does. Training is inadequate. Almost no room for advancement. First line supervisors do not practice integrity without compromise which somehow made it off the intuit values.

Advice to Management

Change the entire management team in reno Nevada. I have never worked for a worse unethical crew

5. "Intuit is an Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Intuit cares about its employees! Great benefits package and work/life balance.

Cons

We need better food options in Reno. Thankfully there are eateries close by that we can go to

"Tax Associate"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical Insurance and 401k Benefits

Cons

Department Management and v

Advice to Management

Separate work from personal life. They have a very difficult time doing this.

"It's vital to know someone to get hired"

Former Employee - Payroll Setup Specialist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Payroll Setup Specialist in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Annual merit raise, stock shares. Benefits are great! You will learn something new everyday. Once you are hired it is hard to get fired so even the worst customer service reps will have a job. The company will continue to function so there will always be work.

Cons

They will hire everyone's family/friend with a pulse, whether that person has payroll experience or not. You will change managers every year...at least. I had 7 different managers in 4 years. But that may be a good thing too. No opportunity to grow in the Reno area. However, you will be given false hope of promotion or a change in department, but your current manager will not let you leave. *Oh, and MANDATORY OVERTIME from our new managers (that came from a bank call center that is currently being looked into for unfair practices).

Advice to Management

Perhaps you should believe your employees when they tell you something is going on that is not quite right. Upper management...do not just stick your nose in the air and speak only to certain people in the center. Actually walk the aisles and speak to EVERYONE.

Intuit Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Talent Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as it is invaluable to our improvement. We are committed to creating a transparent and supportive environment for all of our employees, so we’re... More

8. "Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work place flexibility, great benefits, gives back to the community, opportunity for growth.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. "Tax preparation"

Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Great people & fun atmosphere

Cons

Seasonal not long term opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep your good seasonal workers.

10. "Service and Support Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV

Pros

Consistently rated a top company to work for, I loved the benefits. If you love working in customer service this job may be a great fit.

Cons

call center environment can be hard on some people, customers in the High value department were very demanding and metrics had a very harsh curve.

Advice to Management

losing good people due to a very harsh metric and not enough follow up and follow through with new employees, to have successful retention.

Showing 60 of 3,394 reviews