Intuit Reviews in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Tax preparation"

Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Reno, NV

Pros

Great people & fun atmosphere

Cons

Seasonal not long term opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep your good seasonal workers.

"Intuit Reno - Can't find a better company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The culture is second to none. People here care about one another and go above and beyond to help somebody out. We just had our annual holiday party, and WOW! They really know how to take care of the employees and make the night so special. We have the best benefits, and my manager is by far the best anybody could hope to have. We get over 3 weeks paid vacation every year, and have an amazing work life balance. I have been here for 13 years and can't imagine going to any other company, no matter how much they would pay me. The diversity and inclusion is amazing in regards to networks, and we give employees 32 hours a year to volunteer during work hours with a non profit. Intuit also matches any donation to a non profit for up to $5k per employee!

Cons

Busy season is December through January, and stretches to April for some departments. The CARE managers for customer service could do better as they seem to care about metrics only. Some are better than others, but that department could use some work and have the managers actually do the job of the employees to earn respect and show how to do it better. Some of the mangers don't actively work on career development, but instead hoard the employees and won't let them move to another department.

Advice to Management

Especially to the CARE customer service managers, allow your employees time off of the phones to join networks and grow their careers. Take the advice of Julie Kirtley as she seems to have the best team with hard working, positive employees. She gives them every opportunity to shine and work beyond just taking calls and having high metrics. She creates the whole package.

"Working at Intuit is the best career move I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are given the opportunity to make choices that will impact the outcomes of the customers, employees and shareholders at Intuit. There are so many things that intuit provides for you as an employee from outstanding benefits, the opportunities to grow your career and a chance to give back to your community. I get to work with really smart people that have a passion and desire to do the right things for our customers and those we work with.

Cons

Honestly the only cons are found in any business yet Intuit has less of the same old thing.

Advice to Management

Continue on our journey that has been outlined from Brad down. We are on a path that will take Intuit to the next level yet again.

4. "Service and Support Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Reno, NV

Pros

Consistently rated a top company to work for, I loved the benefits. If you love working in customer service this job may be a great fit.

Cons

call center environment can be hard on some people, customers in the High value department were very demanding and metrics had a very harsh curve.

Advice to Management

losing good people due to a very harsh metric and not enough follow up and follow through with new employees, to have successful retention.

5. "20+ Years and Loving It"

Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for career mobility and learning
    Reno is beautiful and great place to live; campus is nice

Cons

We need a gym here at our site

6. "Care Leader"

Current Employee - CARE Leader in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - CARE Leader in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Engagement of the people and how we operate to our Values. We are constantly looking to the future and re-imagining who we are.

Cons

A bigger company that at times takes a long time to get things done.

Advice to Management

Continue looking forward, solving for employees, customers and shareholders in that order.

"System analyst"

Former Employee - USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING PROGRAM MANAGER in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING PROGRAM MANAGER in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company with great bennifits and nice work place environment

Cons

Hr management needs to lol st keeping experienced resources and not lump them into a code.

Advice to Management

You should attempt to match displaced employees with other jobs they may be right for instead of just letting resources go.

8. "Intuit Reno - Best Place to Work 2 Years in a Row"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intuit Reno has been selected as the number one place to work in Reno for the past 2 years and placed second for the three years prior.

Intuit's Stakeholders are identified in order of priority - Employee, Customer, Shareholder and they live it everyday.

The cornerstones of our company values are We Care and Give Back and Integrity Without Compromise - We are paid for 32 volunteer hours and I have complete confidence that the company operates with integrity each and every day and holds it's employees accountable for same.

Employee Engagement is measured bi-annually and the company acts on areas of improvement identified in the AES. It's not just lip service...

Focus on Work Life Balance

Cons

Intuit Reno has limited opportunity for mobility due to it's size and tenure of the team.

9. "Intuit Rocks!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intuit has been the #1 best place to work 2 years running in the Large Corp category for Reno and #2 for 3 years prior. Intuit truly cares about their employees and gives leadership the tools and resources necessary to grow talent. Intuit cares about worklife balance, flexibility depending on role and having some fun! A few examples of these things are:
    -Work from Home opportunities are available for individuals who have proven successful in connecting remotely while still exceeding in their role.
    -Intuit understands the value of needing to recharge, regroup and reenergize so upon our return, we can continue doing the best work of our lives. As most know, tax season tends to be our busiest time so it was recently announced that we will receive TWO days off in the month of December (that does not deduct from our current time off) to recharge!
    -Intuit encourages engagement that not structured. Intuit's leadership has a belief that when people are encouraged to spend time together at work while it's not agenda filled or topic heavy, new ideas are naturally born and innovation thrives.

Cons

Intuit Reno is not well known in the community. Intuit is the best kept, large company, secret in Reno! We have some of the best products in the industry w/ Turbo Tax & Quickbooks- come work with the dream team!

10. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was my dream job until the department was relocated. Would love to return to Intuit. Great culture and working environment. Would recommend to friends looking for employment.

Cons

The only negative was the relocation of sales to another state. Parking was a bit of a pain at times. But nothing else comes to mind when considering cons.

Advice to Management

Try to be as honest with your people as you can be. It will make them happier with their work. You will also feel better knowing that you treat your team well.

Showing 62 of 3,459 reviews