Intuit Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2

3,093 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Innovative company with an amazing culture"

Pros

- Bold innovation happening in all facets of the company, not just in products.
    - The most amazing culture I have worked in over my 20 year career.
    - Incredibly smart peers and humble leadership.
    - Lots of opportunities to learn and grow your career.
    - Awesome campus & employee benefits/perks.

Cons

- Mobility can be more difficult if not working at HQ location, but still possible.

Advice to Management

- Continue to stay focused on bold innovation and learning fast.
    - Double down on building great leaders.

2. "Embodies the new corporate identity"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Intuit lives its corporate values daily and encourages all employees to as well

Cons

Sometimes a little to GE process excellence oriented

Advice to Management

Communicate using common language not just PE terminology

3. "A great place to work -- with some minor caveats."

Current Employee - Group Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Group Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Great opportunity to learn the business thinking that goes behind the technical work. Great support for work/life balance and strong commitment to "giving back" to the community and protection of the environment. Best opportunity to truly build a "career" that I've ever seen in the valley. Performance is recognized and rewarded well.

Cons

Can be slow to move -- this company does not turn on a dime. Sometimes great powerpoint/visual presentation skills are mistaken for intelligence.

Advice to Management

Take a good, hard look at your senior leaders and ask if they are the right people to lead the function they lead? Have some of them had a few too many chances to get it right, without getting it right? Are some giving lip service to innovation while stifling it in their reporting relationships?

Perhaps the best advice I can give: require all sr. leaders to be subject to a 360 review every year, something that goes beyond the VOE survey, into employee perception of knowledge and understanding in key areas.

"Intuit cares about its people and it shows"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Intuit as a whole is very flexible about work and life.
    - "Work/Life balance" is one of the core values and managers get called on it when work gets unreasonable
    - Most engineers have the opportunity to telecommute and many people have at least one designated "work from home" day a week.

Great benefits and compensation
    - Right up there with the other industry big hitters
    - Stock purchase plan that's a no-brainer
    - Very generous benefits that also will include a long-term partner

Other perks
    - "White space" time that can be used for your pet projects (~4 hrs a week)
    - semi-annual Idea Jam competitions to get together and hack out new ideas with new technologies
    - 32 hours of paid time/year for volunteer work

Cons

Intuit is a sort of stealth brand; if you want people to know who you work for you always end up saying something like "Quickbooks? Quicken? TurboTax?... Yeah, those people."

Not everyone gets to work on sexy new technology; C++ still pays a lot of the bills.

Depending on your group, you may spend a lot of time in meetings. Every software lifecycle strategy out there can be found somewhere at Intuit. Not every team has bought into Scrum, Agile, or XP (Extreme Programming).

Intuit isn't really an international brand, so you won't find too much chance to travel abroad if you're not senior management.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job. Some tough calls lately, but they were explained well and those of us on the ground knew what to expect.

Management needs to make sure that they're keeping a close eye on all those small web 2.0 companies out there and doing a continual reality check against the best user experience they can find; inside the company or out.

5. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

none by personal experience so far so good

Advice to Management

i think need to keep focus on what they do right

6. "Best software company to work for."

Former Employee - User Research Specialist in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - User Research Specialist in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Intuit really adheres to its values, which I really like. Intuit also invests a lot in their employees so I felt that all employees were compensated fairly and treated wonderfully with plenty of benefits. Even as an intern I felt I was treated as if I were a regular full-time employee. I was given ownership of my own project and had the whole summer to work on it. I felt that Intuit really values their interns and gives them substantial work unlike a lot of other companies. Intuit also offers generous relocation assistance. Intuit also have various networks and groups within the company so that employees can join one of their interest and meet other employees from across the company.

Cons

Too many meetings to attend can sometimes take time away to getting work done efficiently. Also, I think Intuit could probably think about having more offices for employees to work in instead of cubicles. Teleconference technology at Intuit could probably also be improved because there were often technical difficulties during large meetings or congregations. Some of Intuit's buildings are far away from each other so sometimes it takes 20 minutes to walk from one building to another for meetings, so it might be a good idea for Intuit to provide free bicycles like Google. In the Mountain View office, a lot of people work from home on Fridays, and sometimes that can be annoying because some people you need to get work done with might be more difficult to reach.

Advice to Management

It's great!

"Intuit - A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Performance Coach in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The benefits at Intuit coupled with very competitive pay make working at Intuit great! The social architecture of the company is also very positive. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect throughout the entire life cycle of employment. If offered a job at another company for similar pay I would stay with Intuit because of the environment. Intuit truly is a great place to work and I am proud when I tell people I am an employee of Intuit.

Cons

The only downside of working for Intuit is the lack of job security. Intuit tends to use reductions in force as a cost management technique more often than other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the people.

8. "What is stopping you from applying at Intuit? We need GREAT people!"

Current Employee - Support Team Lead, Quicken Health Group in Tucson, AZ

Pros

My job at Intuit is hands down, THE BEST job that I have ever had in my life!!! I have never worked for a company who values their employees as much as Intuit does. I go to work every day with my A game and a mindset of what can I do that will help spread the good news about what it is like to work at Intuit. I feel valued and honored each and every day. I can speak my mind and contribute honestly and I have the encouragement from my leadership to use my best judgement on how I support my customers and interact with my team members. I can actually see the impact of what I do and how I do it in the end products that I support. When I got my latest boss, we had some trouble aligning with each other and understanding how each of us communicates. I felt secure enough in my job environment that I was able to engage upper management and human resources to help me resolve this issue in the healthiest most successful way possible. In other jobs, if I would have attempted such a thing, it would have been a "career-limiting move". Intuit cares about its employees' individual careers and will help you find the right job fit for you even if it means that the current team that you are on will suffer if you leave for a better suited to your career position. Intuit actively trains and "grows up" its leaders and is a BIG believer in encouraging ongoing education. There are more perks than I can even write about that help encourage you to do your best in your job and that help to maintain the work-life balance. They are green conscious and think globally. They keep up with the latest trends and technologies available to help us all do our jobs better. At Intuit, customer is NOT a 4-letter word!

Cons

Change happens frequently. If you don't adapt fast, you won't like it here. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Teach the other business unit leaders how you do what you do because it is truly the best leadership team that I have ever seen!

9. "What is stopping you from applying at Intuit? We need GREAT people!"

Pros

Cons

Change happens frequently. If you don't adapt fast, you won't like it here. If you don't like helping people, you shouldn't work here. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

10. "Best to work on Earth!!!!"

Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

This is my first job and the kind of encouragement I get from my peers is very inspiring. There is instant recognition even for the smallest achievement. I am proud to be "Intuit". This is the heaven on Earth. I mean it!!

Cons

None, so far. I am sure even others concur with my opinion.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Showing 3,093 of 3,378 reviews