Intuit Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Intuit US Reviews

United States

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great Happenings at Intuit"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Laser focused on what they want to accomplish
    Great benefits
    Good work-life balance
    Well led
    Growing in a down economy

Cons

Focus on difficult industries to consistently grow to show value to the street
    Old systems in some areas

Advice to Management

Keep communicating

"Intuit is extremely political with an inexperienced CEO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

* Good compensation packages
    * Good benefits
    * Nice work/life balance
    * Focus on team work
    * Big focus on the customer

Cons

* Intuit has changed dramatically since the new CEO came on board. All you see are layoffs and politics.
    * Sr. leadership team is incompetent. Strategies keep changing and constant reorganizations are not productive.
    * New CEO talks about innovation, but don't see any new products or services in the market.

Advice to Management

Hold Sr. leadership team accountable for results.
    Ensure more integrity with communication. Don't say Intuit is growing while laying people off every month.
    Stop all the politics and focus on innovation.

3. "Intuit has been and continues to be a really positive experience, i have learned a ton, and am continually challenged."

Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Great benefits, comp is awesome, (a bonus even during a tough economic year was great;) I think Brad Smith is a smart, strong CEO who is unusually accessible to employees and direct, open and honest. I am continually asked to do new things, take on new projects, stretch, and grow. I am treated with respect. We are able to treat our employees with respect, even if their jobs have gone away. I am allowed to figure out my work schedule; people work really hard, some 24 X 7, but i feel autonomy on how i spend my time, as long as the outcome is successful. My leader is very supportive and does a good job at giving us feedback and doing performance reviews etc. I am proud to work here.

Cons

We need to be careful not to focus too much on framing and talking with ppt slides so we don't miss the innovative ideas that we really want to encourage. We need to take a tougher stand on performance issues. some people find it a comfy place to work and we want it to be a great place to work. where we are driving results and outcomes. we are so flexible at worklife balance, but please don't take advantage of that. the rest of us are working too hard.

Advice to Management

I think employees now understand that layoffs and reorgs are part of how every company does business. We need to continue to set open and honest expectations of business changes happens on an ongoing basis; the morale has been impacted by the recent layoffs. We need to make sure our top talent knows they are valued and that we can do things in small ways to communicate that. it doesn't have to be about money. We need to make sure and engage all of our employees on the changes we want to make and the company we want to be. The recent CEO listening tour is a great example of how Brad is driving engagement. We all need to be driving that.

4. "Good at execution, has issues with hearing and incorporating differing points of view."

Former Employee - Product Development Leader in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Product Development Leader in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The company has a true focus on employees that runs from leadership to the front lines. Resources for personal growth are rich. Compensation is good and benefits are excellent. There are some great products and the chance to work on them is rewarding.

Cons

Focus comes at the expense of not hearing all points of view. The company can execute well in a slowly changing environment, but lacks the will and the culture to adapt to the big changes that face the software industry today.

Advice to Management

Have the courage to let new ideas flourish. Don't bet the farm on large homogenized platform solutions.

5. "Great place to work if you have a corporate job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Very smart employees work here.

Cons

Just the usual corporate politics.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and work on innovating.

6. "Intuit is a great place to work, with big challenges ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

employees are treated wtih the utmost respect, management listens to all of their concerns (probably too much so, to be honest)

Cons

Management team is relatively non-technical, tends to apply generic business approach to problems that should be solved in a specific, software-related way; in order to maintain growth rates in coming years, we will have to get pretty far out of our comfort zone

Advice to Management

The things that got us to greatness in the first twenty-five years are not the same things that will get us there in the next 25 years. Innovation is not something you talk about, it's something that happens.

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Great People
    Great Benefits
    Laser focus on where they are headed and what it will take to get there
    Very competitive in a down economy
    Growing in a down economy

Cons

Sometimes business is playing catch-up with technology, however recent acquisitions and development focus is closing the gap

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the strategy

8. "Intuit is driving the right changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

The people
    The focus on customer
    The culture to learn and continously get better
    Great business strategy and opportunities
    You have the opportunity to learn a lot of what it takes to run a business

Cons

High expectations on performance
    Changes are necessary to continue to be a successful company in a competitive marketplace...not everyone is comfortable with change

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the strategy, driving change and continually engaging with employees.

"Re-orgs, Layoffs and Politics made us go from "A Great Place to Work," to "Great.....a place to work""

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Talented, bright, passionate employees who are committed to their customers and teammates.

Cons

Recent re-orgs, while seemingly in line with the recent economic downturn, have left us spread so thin that we are crippled by our limited staff and resources. It can take upwards of months to have data uploaded, reports created, or products developed. Prior to the reorg, this was most certainly not the case. Teams working as skeleton crews are taking work home and continuing until 3 or 4 in the morning, as a means of simply completing their daily tasks. Morale is beyond "low."

Upon hearing of our acquisiton of Mint, most of my team rolled their eyes and shook their heads. So thats where our bonuses went....

People were let go not because of a lack of systems knowledge, education, years of experience, or lack of productivity, but rather because of favortism, or for speaking out. We do not have an open environment where serious issues affecting us on a daily basis can be painly spoken of, anyone not towing the line is soon rid of. When an employee questions a decision, they are reminded that they are lucky to even be employed in this economy.

I have enjoyed many years at this company with people I considered family. My work was challenging and engaging, and I loved what I did. Now, I operate with 50% less people and am expected to do 50% more work, and watch my team spin in circles, accomplishing nothing.

Advice to Management

You cannot afford to continue to let people go, in fact, I'd look at hiring some of them back. Please re-evaluate your goals and ask yourself first if they are in line with your employees and your customers before bowing to your shareholders.

Listen to your front-line employees, rid yourself of useless metrics and institute real data.

"Great Place for Smart and Committed People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Hills, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Hills, OH

Pros

Authentic leadership team, open doors, roll up your sleeves culture, opportunity for good work and great ideas to be recognized, straight communication, well performing teams in one of the toughest markets ever, strong support from Intuit in Ca.

Cons

The complainers soak up too much time and distract others (see the complaining engineer post!). Old school mindsets need to change. Engineering problems are not attributable to a single leader and engineers that don't escalate issues honestly are the ones to blame if things aren't getting done. Quit complaining about leadership and lead or leave!

Advice to Management

Continue to drive innovation, accountability and listen to employees. Don't let the engineers screw things up again. You've made the right decisions so keep your fingers on the pulse.

Showing 178 of 3,455 reviews