Intuit Senior Product Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Product Manager

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Fantastic people to work with and a great mission!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What sets Intuit apart is its innovation capabilities that is driven from within the org. Employees really matter at this company and leadership listens!

Cons

When it’s time to move people around, give them a chance to bid on the projects they want to work on. Motivation will help to drive team performance.

Advice to Management

When our vision changed, the work hasn’t. We need to re-prioritize work that closely aligns with our mission across all work streams.

2. "Overall wonderful company & people - but a few caveats"

Current Employee - Senior Product Development Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Development Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall a wonderful place to work - mostly due to the people.

Cons

As the company grows and focuses on being more nimble and growth (all necessary and important) - parts of the company are not doing this well. For example, focus on Agile Development teams, but asking Dev Managers to become scrum masters/project managers.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the Senior Leadership in the BU - and how people are truly being treated - not always in alignment with our values.

3. "Great place to work with amazing values."

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Intuit has a set of values that it actually lives by. Also, the products Intuit makes (TurboTax and QuickBooks) help millions of people with their finances which feels great. Love having that positive impact on the world!

Cons

It is difficult to "climb the ladder" at Intuit. Be ready for lots of lateral opportunities, less vertical. It's a great place to learn though!

"Amazing company - old school culture"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Amazing benefits including ESPP, Annual Bonus, Dental, Vision, Health, PTO
    - Outstanding CEO, Senior Staff and Mentorship Opportunities
    - Friendly people, non-competitive teams and modern campus

Cons

- Limited upward mobility - recognition largely dependent on what product / team(s) you work on
    - Communication challenges with team abroad, on-site teams leave work around 4pm
    - Old school culture dependent on meetings on meetings to make decisions

Advice to Management

Keep injecting the company with young ambitious talent vs. old schoolers looking for a comfy job

"Best employer I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Innovative company that delivers awesome products and solves big customer problems. Intuit encourages it's employees to "Be Bold" and to challenge the status quo. The environment is very entrepreneurial. Employees are rewarded for delivering innovation. Recently, I had a chance to get customer benefit coaching from Scott Cook, the founder of Intuit. How many companies offer a resource like that to employees who want coaching? Work life balance is also very important here. We work hard, but we respect family boundaries. I would recommend this company to anyone who cares about delivering awesome product experiences for internal or external customers.

Cons

We are still working through organizational boundaries that slow down progress, but there is a big commitment from the leadership team to become more "boundaryless" in the way we operate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Beware of employee stock trading rules - is this allowed?????"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing company with solid growth and incredible customer base. Lots of opportunity to learn, contribute, & expand your career.

Cons

Recently announced change to employee stock trading... As of Jan 1, employees will be blocked from selling Intuit stock for 7 weeks every quarter. That's 28 weeks per year!!!!!!

Is that really necessary? Why would a company close the trading window for SEVEN weeks every quarter?!?!?! Never heard of such a loooooooooong, universal closed window.

Advice to Management

Explain why this change is happening and how front line employees are supposed to access their ESPP shares when they can't sell 28 weeks of the year. Offering zero interest loans??

"Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits - salary, insurance, stock, cash bonus
    people - high performing, smart, creative, caring

Cons

work/life - there's a lot of work, but you love doing it and working with the people

8. "Great place to work for work-life balance, culture that values niceness"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people. Friendly culture. Work-life balance, and culture of being normal for people to have families.

Cons

Can feel slow for some who want to work more. Friendly culture can feel a bit too PC at times. Career growth can be slow, can feel middle and top heavy with less room for upward mobility. Different department cultures varied.

"Great employer but very slow moving and bureaucratic"

Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Intuit for about four years. By far, it's one of the nicest companies I've worked for. They offer great work-life balance and excellent compensation and benefits.

Cons

Like any big company, Intuit suffers from a lot bureaucracy. There are lots of useless meetings where people talk and talk and talk, and nothing gets decided. When decisions get finally made, it ends up becoming a little bit of everyone's opinions (a.k.a. "achieving a shared vision"), which results in a bad outcome.

There is a very fat middle management layer (I can say that because I was one of them). There are virtually no junior-level people, making the organizational structure an inverted pyramid. We were all getting paid way too much to do some things because we had no one junior on the team. I didn't care either way (I still get paid the same) but I thought it was a huge mismanagement of resources on the part of the company. Also, having such a big middle layer makes it impossible to get promoted.

Advice to Management

You have got to stop reorganizing the teams every year. It takes a few months for the new teams to settle down, set goals, and then it's time to get re-orged. When the senior management flip flops this often, employees lose confidence because you guys don't know what you're doing.

10. "Pretty satisfactory for a long-haul."

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Environment, Culture, Customer Focus, Benefits, Stocks

Cons

Politics (the subtle one), Speed at which things move, Innovation in new areas

Advice to Management

Get your product manager and the leadership from engineering background than pure MBAs and a lot of things will probably be fixed. Your commercial and marketing innovation is great but product and technical innovation sucks...