Invacare Reviews | Glassdoor

Invacare CEO Matthew E. Monaghan
Matthew E. Monaghan

"Coming back"

I have been working at Invacare

Pros

The company is looking for inputs from all areas to improve. I have been lucky enough to contribute as the company looks to regain its former position.

Cons

Product selection could be improved.

Invacare2018-12-18
  2. "Sr. Buyer"

I worked at Invacare

Pros

Invacare/ Division in San Diego, CA It was like a small "Family atmosphere" I liked very much until they sold it off to Alaris whom I found to be very callous company.

Cons

Could not recall any cons with Invacare at all.

Invacare2016-03-23

Invacare Response

March 29, 2016Regional Human Resource Manager

Thank you for your posting. We are glad you had great experience when you worked for Invacare. We are building our presence in the San Francisco area again and have the following positions open: Medical Device Sales Manager and Regional Manager, Sales. If you or someone you know is interested, please have them apply at our website.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Invacare is a quality organization that gives you the opportunity to grow professionally. They empower their employees to make an impact on the company, and support their staff.

Cons

Like with many large organizations. Invacare struggles to link their business verticals and subsidiaries to create a more cohesive company.

Advice to Management

Try to unify all areas of the company to create a consistent offering. Be upfront and honest with the higher level issues surrounding the company.

Invacare2016-02-17
  4. "Career reveiew"

Sales Representative

I have been working at Invacare

Pros

Incredible opportunities, great salary and as far as sales goes, it's a top notch team to be on. Management is very receptive and trustworthy.

Cons

Training and exact expectations can be a little blurred if your added to an already functioning team, however on a positive note the team will already be functioning.

Invacare2015-03-30
  5. "Very satisfied, great people, great products!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employees are truly dedicated and care about the customers and each other. Good atmosphere.

Cons

Getting through the FDA Consent Decree and moving forward.

Advice to Management

Looking forward in completion of the final FDA audit

Invacare2015-02-09
  6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lorain, OH

I worked at Invacare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Loved working at Invacare Corp.

Cons

Always looking out for there employees

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Invacare2014-04-10

"Invacare is an industry leader in a difficult industry."

Former Employee - Territory Business Manager

I worked at Invacare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Executives ready and willing to travel and help in the field Management clearly defined expectations and gave me the tools to exceed expectations Annual Sales meeting was a blast. Classes were informative and helpful. Good starting salary, was a great bonus system when I worked there, but I know those change every year. When I was there I put in 6% for 401k they would match and gave a quarterly bonus 5% match... so 11% added to 401k. The industry is growing with the aging population Industry leaders

Cons

Government is cutting reimbursement which puts pressure on price which is not Invacare's game Insurer's capping DME purchases on policies I had quite a bit of overnight travel which I would have preferred not to do No CPAP business to speak of.

Advice to Management

When they cut salespeople, they tend to go to the bottom of the annual sales list. I've seen them cut high quality based on a single year performance.

Invacare2013-07-22

"Very Good Compnay"

Distribution Planner in Elyria, OH

I worked at Invacare

Pros

You can advance through promotions. Livable salary. Great Co-Workers Medical Benefits are top notch. Free Parking on site. They always have training classes so you can learn new skills. If you want to be promoted management will work with you on what you need to do to get to the next level. 401K program that they contribute up t3% . Bonus yearly as long as the company made a profit. Nice work atmosphere...most in... their own cubicles except for Customer Service and they are in a call center type of call center setting but each still has their own desks.

Cons

High turnover of the mangement teams.. They like to bring in NEW blood every couple of years. So if your applying for a management position your days are probably numbered.

Advice to Management

Overall a very good job.

Invacare2009-04-09
  9. "Project Manager"

I worked at Invacare full-time

Pros

Large organisation with comprehensive cooperate procedure to follow

Cons

Much procedures need to follow and it would less the efficiency

Invacare2019-07-23
  10. "Making Life's Experiences Possible"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in North Rocks

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Invacare truly lives its brand promise "Making Life's Experiences Possible", not only do we work with some remarkable people internally. Externally the problem Invacare solves for its customers is over whelming. Lead by a passionate leadership team who thrive on day to day competition, Invacare exceeds expectations for an employer.

Cons

The landscape of the medical device industry has changed and with new governance over how equipment is funded in this market, Invacare is positioned to continue to be a market leader.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower departments and challenge managers to truly be a high performing organisation.

Invacare2016-05-24