Invacare Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Matthew E. Monaghan
  1. "Okay place to work."

Current Employee - Technician in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- I love the people I work with in my department. The company is also in a great market since the elderly population is growing, there is more need for our kinds of products. - There is much diversity in the company from the people who work there to the employment opportunities. There is no shortage of work; so there is always something to do. - This place is good for a person who does not mind high stress and likes high pace. The pace keeps you on your toes and there is almost never a boring moment.

Cons

- Unstable place to work. You constantly wonder when the next layoff will be and wonder if you are next. - Can be stressful. (Always Stressful) - Poor raises have a tendency to make one think they are unwanted and unimportant to the company even when they work hard to benefit the company. - The personal pride of upper management has a tendency to works its way into the professional world. This is then seen by lower employees which then discourages good workmanship and compliance.

Continue reading
    Invacare2014-11-10

"tech"

Technician in Elyria, OH

I worked at Invacare

Pros

at one time was a good company and benefits the president at the time Mal Mixon would walk around the plant and talk to his employees.

Cons

working in engineering if you find a problem (and tell a FDA person) or they don't like you, you are gone. I worked there 30 + years and was let go because I always told the truth and never covered anything up (which happens often through the CTL Lab).

Continue reading