Invacare "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Invacare Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jul 31, 2019

Found 137 reviews

2.4
Invacare CEO Matthew E. Monaghan
Matthew E. Monaghan
Pros
  • "Longtime employer in Lorain County, great people, not micromanaged(in 9 reviews)

• "Company with good people culture(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Consent decree has slowed production at TS location(in 10 reviews)

• "Horrible upper management with no idea of what really happens in the industry(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Dying Company; Layoffs Left and Right"

Former Employee - Rehab Sales Specialist

I worked at Invacare full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to help clients gain mobility. Base pay wasn't terrible.

Cons

Horrible upper management with no idea of what really happens in the industry. The CEO has no prior Rehab experience and it shows. Constantly trying to warn everyone that the company is doing fine, but with the rate at they're laying people off, that's hard to believe. The quotas are extreme, the expectations are absurd, and the support from corporate is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Leave so that professionals with rehab experience can come in to corporate and save the company.

Invacare2019-04-04

"Eningeering"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay, Big Corporation, Broad Product Line, Has potential to be a world leader again. I love the company and what our STATED mission is.

Cons

Back Stabbing from Upper Management. Constantly wondering if you are going to get laid off. Preaches quality and compliance but practices corner cutting and rushes every project with compromises at every corner. Your job is held over your head every day. You are not a "team player" if you are concerned with quality workmanship and desire to do things right. This is because no one in management understands that to do... things right requires TIME.

Advice to Management

There is no advice that could be given that management would listen to. They are too prideful and arrogant to take any sort of constructive criticism.

Invacare2018-05-14

"Great People, but Toxic Environment and Bad Management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Elyria, OH

I worked at Invacare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked here for a number of years as an engineer. Great, innovative products and nice people whom I learned a great deal from. Pay was pretty good and decent benefits.

Cons

Upper management has no clue how to go about turning around the company and making it profitable again, even after being out of the consent decree. Very high turnover, multiple plant closures, and layoff after layoff...constant revolving door here.

Advice to Management

Listen more closely to the peons under you and take their feedback into consideration.

Invacare2018-01-27

"Not all it seems"

Current Employee - Manager of Technical Documentation in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Medical company that has some great people working there. If you are the right person you can move up quickly as they have a high turnover rate.

Cons

Pressure to move projects along leads to cutting corners. A lot like society, an elite upper management rules over the tons of entry level or low paid workers with minimal middle class workers. Very dysfunctional setup and communication between marketing and engineering draws down product quality and negatively effects many products at initial launch.

Advice to Management

Live by what you say and be willing to take a step back and see what pushing projects through the system is doing. Have some dialog with people and see what is really going on and don't just give rah rah speaches.

Invacare2017-07-28

Invacare Response

August 4, 2017Regional Human Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your experience at Invacare. We appreciate all our associates’ time and dedication. We value all comments from associates that will help us improve and we take these concerns seriously. Please reach out to your Human Resources representative ...

"Post Acute Care"

I worked at Invacare full-time

Pros

It was a great Company at one time !

Cons

Upper management is a joke - Have no clue how the industrial works.

Advice to Management

advice to board members - Never give one man all the power.

Invacare2017-06-08

"Not sure"

I have been working at Invacare full-time

Pros

Good products Loyal employees Decent environment

Cons

Very old machinery and offices with no investment to improve or keep it working, There is no career planning for any employee, Upper management are lack of ideas for solutions, Head count reduction is the only solution to improve.

Invacare2017-04-23
  7. "Billing Supervisor"

in Lorain, OH

I worked at Invacare for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, great upper management. Management was eager to help in career advancement

Cons

The challenges with the FDA make you feel as though you could be let go any time

Advice to Management

Allow for more time for adequate training, especially when asked to cross-train your teams

Invacare2016-02-16
  8. "Accountant I"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My particular department is very people friendly and helpful. Upper management is willing to work with employee needs. I enjoy working here very much.

Cons

Not passing the consent decree yet has created a significant decrease in annual increases which creates a hardship on employees.

Advice to Management

Hold your employees more accountable for their job performances. Many employees appear to be coasting along or not reviewing their work causing incorrect information to be passed on.

Invacare2015-12-08
  9. "Okay place to work."

Current Employee - Technician in Elyria, OH

I have been working at Invacare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- I love the people I work with in my department. The company is also in a great market since the elderly population is growing, there is more need for our kinds of products. - There is much diversity in the company from the people who work there to the employment opportunities. There is no shortage of work; so there is always something to do. - This place is good for a person who does not mind high stress and... likes high pace. The pace keeps you on your toes and there is almost never a boring moment.

Cons

- Unstable place to work. You constantly wonder when the next layoff will be and wonder if you are next. - Can be stressful. (Always Stressful) - Poor raises have a tendency to make one think they are unwanted and unimportant to the company even when they work hard to benefit the company. - The personal pride of upper management has a tendency to works its way into the professional world. This is then seen by... lower employees which then discourages good workmanship and compliance.

Advice to Management

- Learn to swallow your pride and admit when you are wrong and be willing to change. - Sometimes we focus to much on who's fault it is and blaming that person rather than making sure the issue at hand doesn't happen again. - Do not shortchange hardworking employees who do good work. Do this and more people will continue to leave faster than you can replace them. Experience and product expertise does not simple... walk through the front door when you need it.

Invacare2014-11-10
  10. "Picky for no reason"

I worked at Invacare

Pros

Good Pay Busy Good Benefits Balanced home life work life

Cons

Not stable regulatory issues Upper management is invisible no real direction

Invacare2013-05-06