Cover image for Invensys

100% Approve of CEO
4.1
Invensys CEO Mike Caliel
Mike Caliel

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Foxboro, MA
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intelligent and friendly co-workers, who were easy to work with when allowed to do their jobs. Interesting, complex. embedded systems work. Many employees have 30 or more years with the company, providing continuation for older installed systems.

Cons

Upper management does not understand the process control business. The clients (oil refineries, etc.) want their installed control systems to have a 25-40 year lifespan. It is expensive to re-instrument an oil refinery. Yet some bean counter in upper management decided become a "Microsoft Partner" and to build the new product line on Windows based platforms, requiring massive software porting efforts every 2 to 5 years when MS comes out with a new system. Why Windows over Linux based systems? The lawyers said with Linux they would have no one to sue!!! As if anyone has successfully sued Microsoft.

1. 3.0
        Jan 29, 2014
        Software Engineer
        Current Employee, more than 3 years
        Lake Forest, CA
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of learning experiences and chances to work on new things. Bouncing from project to project with very different problems to face.

Cons

Revolving door of management and staff in general. Every week or so you turn around and someone either went to a new group or left the company.

2. Join the Invensys team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews
      </>Embed

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

191.9K

Melissa Magri

Hello everyone!!! After your first phone call with the ICON recruiter, how long did you wait for feedback? I hope my interview went well.... thanks!!

0 Comments

Senior Manager

I am hopeful I’ll get an offer soon. I have an upcoming 10-day trip in 2 months and am wondering when is the right time to bring it up/negotiate time off: When they send me the offer? If yes, do I tell HR or try to reach out to the manager? When I start the job? A few days after I start?

8 Comments

Nick Cruz

Any got final interview on easy pc company as retails sales person how long to it take to know if you are failed or pass?

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 237 Invensys reviews submitted anonymously by Invensys employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Invensys is right for you.