Invesco Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Invesco President, CEO, and Director Marty Flanagan
Marty Flanagan

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to move up since company hires a lot of external candidates (in 9 reviews)

• On the smaller side, so not a lot of room for advancement within Powershares (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Company Overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Invesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits including generous 401(k) supplemental, opportunities to explore within the company, great management team, great company culture and community partner.

Cons

You either love it or don't. Experiences seem to vary among employees. The majority love it. Personally, can not find anything really negative to point at. Like all companies, it is not perfect but it is relatively desirable.

2. "Very Frustrating"

I have been working at Invesco full-time

Pros

The people in my group are great. I enjoy being around them.

Cons

Management is horrible. They are completely out of touch with how things actually work and don't care how behind the software is. Process documentation is at an extreme level to the point where you have to document the process on how to document processes. There is lots of finger pointing and being rude.

Advice to Management

Learn how things actually operate and know how the job gets done

"Financial Systems"

Former Employee - Financial Systems in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Systems in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When it comes to Finance, CFO is a great guy, cares and interacts with the people.
    401k matches up to 6%
    Lots of genuine people at the ground level, people who care and love their job

Cons

They recently, and still are reorganizing, if you are thinking about jointing Incesco in the 'GBS' area, move on.
    Its friendship politics to the highest level, mentality of 'I dont get paid to be your friend'.
    Many layoffs, people who worked there for over 20 years, still they claim 'People are tghe foundation to our success'
    E-ve-ry-thing is moving to India, contractors hired in perm positions are being laid off not even a year after.
    This company used to be the real deal, now its just a corporate meat eating grinder. Dont be suprised that because of all the friends politics that your colleague who just joined gets double the bonus as you do and earns 40k more. Loyalty means absolutely nothing for the finance aka GBS department.
    Try it out but stay away as far as you can fron GBS / finance.

Advice to Management

Disconnect between CFO and head of GBS, is amazing to me that a person like that is still in a management position after destroying corp accounting. Do a survey, listen to your employees, many are scared to speak up.
    Also, there is a STRONG preference for females in GBS, you woulf almost have a case for gender discrimination. 90% female.
    My rating is based on my experience with GBS, otherwise solid company.

"Invesco a good company with a TOXIC IT Dept"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outside of IT Invesco has:
    Nice people
    Clear business strategy
    Pleasant work environment
    Good benefits

I highly recommend Invesco for non IT careers. My ratings are only on the IT group.

Cons

The IT dept is controlled by a group of (mostly Texas A&M) "Christians". When they aren't praying, using business trips to India as an excuse for missionary work or passing judgement on everyone else, they work to stifle all innovation and waste millions of dollars on obsolete architecture projects.

This middle management mafia tells executive management that they have adopted Lean and Agile methods but it's a joke. Useless training classes and ridiculous Rapid Improvement Events are all that are offered. Any real attempts to execute Lean/Agile ideas are snuffed out and "agile teams" are not empowered to make decisions or realistically plan their work. The CI team seems to be a another scam that exists to show senior management they are "innovative".

Anyone who attempts to introduce new ideas or push back on antiquated processes is labeled a trouble maker and ultimately these people leave in frustration.

Women are second class citizens, a review of the org chart will show only a handful of women in management roles and absolutely zero women on the IT Leadership team.

Advice to Management

To Mr. Flanagan and Mr. Meadows, Invesco is a great company except for the middle management tier in IT which is a cancer that needs to be cut out.

Root out the Houston-based old boy network.

Get rid of the lackeys in charge of the Lean/Agile COEs, hire some real Lean- Agilists, empower them to implement real change and empower teams to make decisions.

Make IT management accountable for their poor decisions, unprofessional behavior and favoritism.

6. "Average"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people and strong benefits

Cons

Asset management companies live by AUM and this gives rise to ethical issues.

7. "Sr.Java Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Java/J2EE Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Java/J2EE Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Invesco (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, manageable work/life balance. Broad product lineup with growing reputation of success. Resourceful portfolio managers that offer a high level of transparency and insight to their strategies when requested

Cons

Occasional unnecessary and unclear initiatives from upper management. Day to day performance metrics change often making it difficult to understand what exactly management wants the focus to be.

8. "Trade Operations Supervisor"

Former Employee - Trade Operations Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Trade Operations Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Very stable company.

Cons

Got laid off in 2008 with a great deal of others. The drop down only goes back to 2012. We were laid off due to market conditions. Great recession.

Advice to Management

Do you best to hold on to good employees.

"It could be better..."

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Invesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smaller atmosphere. Many tenured employees in higher positions. Starting pay is about average. The hours that they are open is great. Love the fact that when you call in, you speak directly with a person compared to going through a voice automated system.

Cons

Technology is very behind. Not user friendly for shareholders or employees. To many sub departments that could be condensed. Processes that are over complicated. Addressing and changing issues that have been lingering instead of penalizing employees.

Advice to Management

They need to decipher on what is more important when it comes to client facing. Taking ownership or allowing only first point of contact to handle on matters. If they are going to say they are efficient, there has to be a major change in the platform of technology that is offered.

"Great place to work for young accounting professionals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I learned so much working for Invesco. It was my longest running job and it has helped me grow into the financial reporting professional I am today.

Cons

Hard to move up through the ranks, but I wouldn't pass up for all the great work experience you gain from working there.

11. "Great company / Great benefits"

Current Employee - Internal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Internal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Invesco full-time

Pros

Wonderful friendly place to work. I work with great consultants that are very talented, highly educated and have great communication skills. Great work life balance when not traveling.
    Very nice and large kitchen on main floor to store lunch/free coke products. Nice premier building in Atlanta.

Cons

Young inexperienced managers are not monitored closely for growth opportunities.
    "Pay for performance" does not work as they suggest.
    Atlanta traffic

Advice to Management

Look for trends in HR/payroll reporting for good/great performance ratings yet decrease in overall pay- year over year. Sends a contradictory message to employees.