Invesco Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Invesco President, CEO, and Director Marty Flanagan
Marty Flanagan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to move up since company hires a lot of external candidates (in 9 reviews)

• Not much room for advancement unless you had prior industry experience (in 7 reviews)

"Invesco Real Estate"

Current Employee - FP&A Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - FP&A Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Invesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Real Estate is a strong performing segment of the company, and the industry is very dynamic with a wide variety of roles. There is opportunity for advancement, although it is limited to real estate only as the Invesco HQ (and thus the majority of jobs) is located in Atlanta. Despite the culture cons listed below, turnover is low. Work/life balance is reasonable for middle and back office roles. Customer-facing, transaction, and portfolio management roles involve heavy travel and frequent meetings.

Cons

Office culture is polite, but not particularly open or friendly. A bit bland - not bad, not great either. Teams are silo'd and do not interact much despite the open office plan. Corporate roles staffed in the Dallas office are managed by Atlanta-based managers, but also receive significant input from Dallas-based stakeholders, which creates some Office Space multiple manager issues .

Advice to Management

Invest in a workplace that is more engaging and exciting for your employees. Provide more opportunities for socializing / team-building and hire managers that value personal development over technical expertise.

"IRE-Dallas"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Invesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rank & file employees are for the most part are sincere, good, hard-working folks.

Cons

Senior management only focused on selves, controlling costs and reducing expenses.

Advice to Management

Don't tell us that our people are our most important resource and then not be competitive with regards to compensation, benefits, training, or career advancement. Laying off senior employees and replacing them with junior employees might help reduce expenses but actually hurts overall productivity.

3. "Invesco"

Current Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Invesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, never get fired, good advancement opportunities, good/smart people, growing company.

Cons

There are very few cons. The only thing I would change is the compensation type. We get huge bonuses and smaller salaries. I would rather have a large salary with a smaller bonus.

4. "Real Estate Accounting Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

The people and the atmosphere at Invesco were great. I worked at the Dallas office, it is a great company to work for and as an intern I was able to learn a ton about the company as well as being thouroghly involved.

Cons

Although I was able to interact with several of the other groups inside the company there were server all others that I wish I could have had more of an interaction with.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed the fact that the management reached out to the interns in an attempt to learn from them and hope they continue this.

5. "Asset Management Department"

Former Employee - In Asset Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - In Asset Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at Invesco (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome culture, wonderful people to work with, growing company with great benefits.

Cons

Maybe improve work life balance by being more flexible, but really think that depends on department/supervisor

6. "Not what it turned out to be..."

Former Freelancer - Contract Paralegal in Dallas, TX
    Former Freelancer - Contract Paralegal in Dallas, TX

I worked at Invesco (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, helpful people and family oriented.

Cons

Unpleasant demeanor and attitudes from other departments. Poor insurance benefits. Unprofessional in work correspondence.

Advice to Management

Hiring personnel look down upon the idea of hiring contract workers they don't know, even if qualified, but prefer to hire their friends who are unqualified.

"Great training, great culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Invesco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Invesco will give you what you ask for, and what you prove you are capable of. Of course, it is a large company and moves largely as one would expect for its AUM and employee count - but where you show talent, they will let you run.

Cons

It is a big company, and thus always squeezing efficiencies out. Expect them to watch the nickles and pennies as aggressively as the dollars.

Advice to Management

I really only wrote this review as I stumbled onto some reviews that I did not think were fair on a job site. They are good people, and treat you fairly. Work hard, show talent, and you will be rewarded. If you are disappointed, try the mirror first.

8. "Stressful experience, budget cutbacks and increased workload"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair compensation and good benefits

Cons

Humorless and stressful work environment

Advice to Management

Lighten up the environment

9. "Growing company with growth issues."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Invesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are comparable to other large corporations. Company 401K match one of the best.

Cons

Company silos create many bridges to gap, stifling office politics, and a large, crippling bureaucracy that's often detrimental to employee morale. At least one C-Level executive needs to polish his presentation and speaking skills. Women are under-represented in key management rolls. Ageism is evident.

Advice to Management

Happy employees make happy investors, not the other way around.