Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Nick Baxter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The senior management team are transparent and very approachable (in 14 reviews)

• It sounds cliche' to say but it genuinely makes coming into work an absolute pleasure (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance could be improved (in 4 reviews)

• KPI driven, bad management and commission structure not as good as they think (in 3 reviews)

1. "Investigo Life"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Investigo is a great culture to be part of. It is open, honest and there are no egos. Decisions are made quickly and if the staff suggest sensible changes, the guys at the top listen and make it happen.

Cons

Nothing significant to speak of. We seem to have lost some experienced faces recently, so we need to make sure the newer talent is up to speed quickly.

Advice to Management

Market research on our brand may be a useful idea? Having worked elsewhere, I can confidently say we are one of the few businesses that is exactly what it says on the tin. Given the awards and accolades we have won, I am baffled by we don't have more recruiters knocking on our door.

2. "Happy and Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A year into my Investigo journey, I can honestly say that it's been the happiest workplace in my career so far. My team are a friendly, hardworking and intelligent bunch and an absolute joy to work alongside with. This coupled with a wonderfully supportive boss, challenging & rewarding work and a good work-life balance means getting up to come to work every day is genuinely a joy. The senior management team are very capable leaders with great work ethic and extremely approachable - something I have witnessed and experienced first-hand.

When I decided to look for a company with a supportive boss, great work and a stable yet growing and fun workplace, in that order, I knew I had set a tall order. To my great delight though, all these expectations have been happily satisfied and indeed, exceeded expectations since joining Investigo.

Great workplace overall and thoroughly excited to be a part of Investigo's journey :)

Cons

While our work life balance is generally quite good and much better compared to other companies, I feel the working hours could be reduced slightly, i.e., 8.30-5, 9-5.30 or something along those lines. This is because longer hours do not necessarily equate to higher productivity and given that most of us live outside the city, time taken for commuting make a long day even longer leaving little time for anything else. I feel given Investigo’s great ability (& culture) to listen and action, this is something that could be looked into and changes made, even if it means a 30-minute reduction.

Some other suggestions are bi-weekly fruit basket and healthier vending machine snacks maybe :)

Advice to Management

Great company, culture and leaders - please continue doing what you are doing and the company will go places :)

Nov 7, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such thoughtful feedback. It really is great to get into exactly what draws people to Investigo and more importantly what makes them stay. There is... More

3. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been the best company I have worked for in my career to date. Autonomous is a word that is used a lot through these reviews, which is entirely justified. You need to be a self-starter and hard working to succeed but the rewards are plentiful and you will be recognised for it.

I feel challenged in my role because I am allowed to bring new ideas to the table, which means I am continually looking for ways that I can make a difference and add value. There is support when I need it.

What it really comes down to though for me is the people. There really is an amazing bunch of people who work at Investigo, I have made some friends for life here and it just makes coming into work really enjoyable.

The on-boarding within the business is great if you are new and thinking of joining.

Cons

The working week is pretty consuming but I think that is partly a trait of today's working world coupled with working in recruitment.

Advice to Management

Continue communication around the vision and plan for 2021
    Increased flexibility to help improve work/life balance

4. "Greatest Company EVER"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great brand to work with out in the market, great people, fun culture

Cons

Split office, dont know half the people on the other side!

Nov 7, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Love the enthusiasm! Wonderful to hear you think we are pretty good stuff. More importantly you are clearly enjoying your time at Investigo and that is great to hear.
    The London offices are lovely... More

5. "Company & CEO"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, Culture, Reward, Progress & Reputation

Since joining here nearly 7 years ago I have been seen the company grow from 60 to close to 200 people. Being part of that journey has been both rewarding & fun. The personalities & culture within the business haven't changed and work is still as fun as the day I walked in.

It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see.

From commission, high achievers trips & quarterly events the business ensures we are engaged in what's going on with the business and allow us plenty of time to integrate.

I think the big thing for me is that it's still a joined up & rewarding environment to work in.

Private Health insurance is a massive bonus as well as the various sporting events we run.

Cons

Working from home could be looked at in more detail.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt with new trends in terms of lifestyle and the wider market. Look to continue & add to the flexible benefits on offer to suit all. The corporate golf membership was an exceptional perk.

Oct 24, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

"People, Culture, Reward, Progress & Reputation" that is a great list of pros that any company would be proud to boast, even better that you are saying this about ours!

Thank you for... More

6. "Inspiring, genuine and very financially rewarding place to work! Very strong leadership!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked at Investigo for around 4 years, I have to say that this business still amazes me. They have somehow managed to keep the small business feel, where everyone matters, at the same time as packing a powerful corporate punch, which overall makes it a great place to work.

I have been genuinely inspired by my time here by some very strong leaders, including the recently promoted CEO Nick Baxter.

The whole senior leadership team are very unique and there is a very autonomous culture where even junior consultants joining the business are treated with great respect by the senior managers.

The business is collaborative, innovative and a genuinely fun place to work. For those who achieve, the financial rewards are second to none. The company has a great reputation in the market which has allowed me to break into a new sector and create a thriving business unit in a relatively short space of time.

If you want to enjoy going to work, learn about business and develop on a daily basis and be financially rewarded for your efforts, Investigo is the company you should work for.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning, generally positive all round.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring and motivating more junior members of staff, they are the future of the business.

Oct 24, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

"Amazing" feedback! We could not be more delighted to to hear that we still have the ability to amaze you after 4 years with us.

This is inspiring reading. It is great to know what we... More

7. "You want to work there!"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Investigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, fun culture.
    Managment styles that suit individual consultants
    Amazing incentives
    Professional
    Mature approach to recruitment
    Invest time in their staff

Cons

Don’t become to larger company, eg: There is a disadvantage to been a PLC.

Advice to Management

Keep the company personalised Continue to reward the high achievers.
    Don’t micro- management too much.

Oct 3, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

"You want to work there!" we couldn't have put it better ourselves what wonderful feedback to hear. I think you have hit the nail on the head with your 'Pros' listing. It is great to see... More

"Continues to go from strength to strength"

I worked at Investigo full-time

Pros

Generally had a great experience at Investigo. Strong, engaging leadership team and a fun place to work. Strong commission scheme.

Cons

You need to be willing to work very hard if you want to survive

Oct 24, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Always appreciate a former employee who has taken the time to leave us a review, a big thank you! Even better to hear your time at Investigo was well spent.
    Investigo is known for not being a KPI... More

9. "Been with company more the 6 years"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I know that I worked for a very reputable and professional company .

Cons

Work from Home option should be available to all staff.

Advice to Management

We need to open new horizon .

Oct 24, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Fantastic to get a review from our heroes in the support functions, you might be the first from the finance team. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we will pass your feedback on... More

10. "Great culture, management and transparency"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Investigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Investigo has a great culture. The senior management team are transparent and very approachable. Everyone in the company is valued individually and are made to feel that way. At Investigo people are encouraged to develop and grow. Overall a great place to work!

Cons

I couldn't say there are any!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Open, honest and transparent is the way to go

Oct 3, 2017 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. it sounds like you are enjoying your working life with investigo. Open, honest and transparent is definitely the way to go! We hope we continue to... More