Investigo Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2021

4.2
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working hours can be long but the company recently introduced flexible working(in 8 reviews)

• "Work-life balance could be better(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Recruitment Agency Out There!

Apr 20, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

An all-around amazing place! The best out there. The best commission structure I've seen at any other agency. An inclusive and supportive culture where anyone and everyone has a voice. Strong mental health and D&I initiatives. Motivating and inspiring leadership. A focus on not just professional development but personal development too. Women in Senior Leadership roles. Less turnover than most agencies. A very clear promotion path, and the support needed to get there. NOT KPI-driven; more of an emphasis on the end goal. Healthy competition - not petty or toxic like many other agencies. Just a fun place to work!

Cons

At the end of the day, the challenges of recruitment are present no matter where you work. Investigo makes it worth it though.

Senior Marketing Executive

Absolutely thrilled to see a five star review, thank you for the rating and the review. It sounds like you have found a place to thrive at Investigo and it is great to hear you feel at home. As with all our reviews your feedback is welcomed and used by our SMT and PAC Team to shape your future at Investigo

2. 5.0

Best Recruitment Agency I have Seen

Apr 19, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Investigo has a fantastic culture and you can tell the effort that everyone puts into it. Collaborative, team-oriented, supportive environment (especially for a recruitment agency) with top performers in the industry. Compensation is market leading and there are multiple career paths, if you are purely focused on billing or managing (or something else). Makes more of an attempt at D&I than any firm I have seen.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, there are inevitably going to be some growing pains that come with it. Sometimes things can feel either too unstructured or too bureaucratic, but leadership is dedicated to consistent improvement and has shown this. This is a contingent recruitment firm, so there should be a level of expectation going for a bit of a high stress, sales oriented environment (that said it has never felt like a boiler room).

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best recruitment firm there is!

Apr 20, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great supportive environment with kind people, and excellent leadership that are passionate about their staff. Great salaries and commission structure. Autonomous environment. Great perk.

Cons

Keeping true to our values as we grow

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and even better to hear of all the pros you are enjoying whilst with Investigo. It is great to see 'supportive', 'passionate' and 'kind' mentioned. It's the people who make all the difference and we like to think ours are the best.

4. 1.0

Proceed with caution

Apr 16, 2021 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote and good work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of strategy from leadership. Pulled in different directions on a weekly basis. Favoritism shown to some, while others get double standards. Lack of diversity.

Senior Marketing Executive

Firstly I can only imagine how testing it must have been to have spent all your time with us almost entirely under lockdown conditions. Whilst we have gained an increased sense of work:life balance from remote working it has certainly been a challenging year with some of the best loved parts of our culture, the camaraderie, the open door to our CEO and entire board and all of our internal and external events being moved online. It is understandable that your engagement would be impacted and it is shame that this has been your experience at Investigo. Like most organisations, the pandemic has forced us to change our strategy and although we are now confident we are back on track, it’s definitely been a turbulent time. Our people have remained the core focus though and we have continued to support all our people both professionally and personally. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is important to us and all that received is presented to the Senior Management Team so we can address concerns and take positive action. Our door is always open and we'd encourage you to contact either our Head of People and Culture or our CEO directly to discuss your feedback further.

5. 2.0

Investigo- eh

Feb 5, 2021 - Recruiter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

really good coworkers, teammates were great

Cons

communication and leadership from management is found wanting.

Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your response. We would encourage you to reach out to our CEO or Head of Culture and Talent to discuss your feedback in more detail.

6. 1.0

Not worth it

Feb 11, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have decent health benefits.

Cons

Zero strategy and no different from other traditional agencies.

Senior Marketing Executive

As always thank you taking the time to leave us a review on your time at Investigo. Whilst we appreciate you weren’t with us for very long and quite possibly spent the majority of that time in lockdown we’d value knowing a little more about your experience with this. We'd ask you to please contact Sarah House-Barklie for a strictly private and confidential chat about your time with Investigo and reasons for leaving us. We look to grow and feedback is an essential part of that ongoing journey.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best is yet to come!

Oct 29, 2018 - Associate Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I personally have loved working at Investigo and would recommend joining our business to anyone that is looking for a fun, inclusive, high performing environment with a real appetite to be the best in the market. We opened our doors in the US in January 2018 and I couldn't be more proud of the success we've achieved to date. Pros- -With Investigo already being a highly successful international recruitment business, our US office feels like a cool VC backed start up. -The people! our biggest factor in hiring has been with the company culture in mind. We get flexible hours and I feel like the company works hard to make sure we're reminded that we "work to live not live to work". - The future! As I said we've achieved a lot in our first 10 months but there is so far to go to get to the top. We have an amazing opportunity for people to accelerate their careers while helping to build Investigo US. -The Fun! We are the main priority for Investigo's leadership, the people make the culture and the culture creates success. Plus we have cool team nights out and incentives.

Cons

Our UK business has been voted recruitment company of the year for the last two years and it's tough to miss out on that environment and all the fun events because we're in the US. Saying that I love being part of building our US business and we're working on being just as good (if not better)

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You can see why Investigo wins so many awards

Oct 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Feeling part of a really ambitious, high performing business - Strong compensation, decent commission schemes for all sales staff, and industry leading Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIP's) at Director level - Mature environment - Very high caliber recruiters, demonstrated by strong average billings across the business - Strong vision set from above for the future direction of the business - Great focus on CSR, Diversity and Inclusion, Charity events - Fun culture; flexible working; great incentives eg. skiing holidays - Business focuses on supporting the right drivers, behaviours and performance metrics for the team and for the individual, but not is not KPI-driven - Good blend between management and support, and autonomy - International opportunities eg. New York

Cons

- Teams and Practices within the business are run quite independently so one's experience can vary a lot from one business unit to another - Most Consultants have prior experience, and have worked at at least one other recruitment business before - as such, somebody with this profile may be best suited

9. 5.0

A great place to work

Jan 16, 2019 - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-High growth -Great people which create a fantastic culture -Leadership that listen and action feedback -Strong emphasis on D&I

Cons

-Different teams can sometimes promote their people faster than others, (depending on team requirements) meaning that higher performers are not necessarily as recognised as they should be

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Its really very good here!

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People do genuinely care. when I joined I wasn't really convinced I'd made the right choice, but it was the best decision I made in a long time! As a female it can be quite hard to get along in a mainly male dominated world BUT that's not the case at all here. It's fun but serious about itself. If you work hard, and deliver (like any company expects) then you will be welcomed into the Investigo family for the long-term. If you struggle, then you are given as much support as you need. Sometimes though, tough decisions have to be made. Its not perfect, but this business is genuinely and I mean GENUINELY interested in constantly looking to improve and be better. It recognises that people really are what makes it a success so why wouldn't you look after them? The support teams are great and are also passionate about helping the consultants be the best they can be in their chosen area of specialism. I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

Cons

It's a tough market - the cons would exist in any agency right now

Viewing 1 - 10 of 212 Reviews