KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Iodine Software (TX) Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2021

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

4.6
Iodine Software (TX) Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder William Chan (no image)
William Chan
1 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee

It was ok

Apr 6, 2021 - Subject Matter Expert in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice atmosphere to work in in Texas

Cons

Not sure about ethics. Some lack of understanding

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Passionate Team

Mar 8, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with a small and passionate team dedicated to a great mission.

Cons

Lacked a real company culture.

3. 5.0
    Former Intern

Fantastic Place to work.

Nov 9, 2020 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Office Environment is the best I've ever experienced.

Cons

The company is still small, but it is growing fast!

4. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Amazing people, product, and future

Aug 30, 2019 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing group of incredibly talented people. Are committed to ramping up their new hires. Many opportunities to work in different areas and on different teams. Opportunity to work remote. Immense feeling of camaraderie and kinship.

Cons

Being a mid-size company, you may have to work in areas you're not as comfortable in.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Current employee and former consultant with Iodine

Aug 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible team! Very smart and collaborative. Executive team is very communicative with semi-monthly all hands meetings/lunches. Feels like a start-up but with much more financial security. The company is doing incredibly well and everyone seems to play a part in the on-going success.

Cons

If you prefer a large corporation with a lot of processes/procedures in place, then this may not be a fit for you-

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast-Paced and challenging small company

Jun 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Extremely fast-paced environment where individuals have some autonomy when choosing which problems to tackle. - The company is small enough for you to be able to appreciate the positive outcomes of your work. - It's great to work with some of the smartest people that I've ever had the privilege to work with.

Cons

- Sometimes you become the expert on something and then it becomes part of your permanent responsibilities since the company runs rather lean. - Priorities tend to turn on a dime without non-upper-management input.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Small and growing, reminds me of many Austin early-stage startups

May 15, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full disclosure: This is the third company founded by the founders of Iodine that I have worked for so I am certainly biased in my opinion. That said, my having repeatedly voted with my feet should be signal value for anyone evaluating Iodine. * Positive work environment: I genuinely enjoy working with all of my coworkers. I don't feel like I'm carrying a team and I support and am supported by a team of professionals. * Mission-driven organization: Iodine's goal is to be amongst the most dominant players in healthcare IT. Bettering the delivery of healthcare is important, perhaps the most important mission of our generation. It's hard to do that without reaching scale, but scale alone doesn't guarantee positive change. If Iodine can reach massive scale AND retain its current values, this will benefit all healthcare consumers. * A general sense of autonomy: I have little sense that I'm being managed with a heavy hand or held on a tight leash. I feel a large sense that I am able to tackle the problems I see being important to the organization.

Cons

* Lack of organization: At a small company, everyone can do anything. That sometimes means it's hard to figure out who's supposed to be doing something. I find that I and many co-workers spending time working on things because we are the only warm body around. That's not the smartest way to spend time. * Many competing priorities: There are often instances where multiple things are simultaneously the top priority. That can't be. Like the Highlander, there can be only one.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee

A place where you can shine

May 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The sky is the limit at Iodine. It's a small but established company that is growing by leaps and bounds. It's still at that stage where each individual has the opportunity to make a direct impact, and I see this happening daily.

Cons

Being a smaller company, there's not a lot of structure. If you're not resourceful/motivated/ambitious, then this probably isn't the best fit for you.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Implementation Engineer Interview Process

May 23, 2017 - Implementation Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people who really care about doing meaningful work; great company culture that both promotes high quality work, while having a relaxed work environment; flexibility and support to explore your passion.

Cons

For those coming from companies with a high degree of structure, you may find it difficult to adapt to Iodine's less structured environment. Personally, coming from Epic, I found it a nice change of pace to immediately be trusted and have the freedom to explore innovative ideas.

4 people found this review helpful