Iora Health Health Coach Reviews | Glassdoor

Rushika Fernandopulle

"Iora Primary Care"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

The way that the company values their patients and employees is refreshing. The patient centered approach allows the staff to really focus on the needs of the patients.

Cons

Job can be demanding and fast paced at times, not a con to for me but possibly to others.

Iora Health2019-05-23

"Love the job and people, don't get paid enough for the work we do"

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and people are awesome. Great mission and get to see and feel the impact we make on patients on a daily basis.

Cons

Compensation does NOT match our heavy workload, expertise/education, and the value we provide to patients and the company. Very little to no room for growth. Constant turnover leads to extra work for those who stay.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees fairly to stop the constant turnover.

Iora Health2019-06-19

"Jack of all trades"

I have been working at Iora Health full-time

Pros

Health insurance benefits. Laid back environment

Cons

Overworked for the pay. Jack of all trades- don't do the work they hire you for.

Iora Health2019-04-25

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, great coaching experience, and learning multiple clinical skills

Cons

Little room for advancement within the company for Health Coaches

Iora Health2019-04-14

"Good career move for an MA"

Former Employee - Health Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and team environment, hands on work and relationship building with patients

Cons

Very strict attendance policy, dead-end job/little room for growth, not very good management

Advice to Management

Iora has a great mission, but this company risks caving in on itself if it continues to grow too fast. They end up overworking the staff and rolling out mediocre plans to keep up with the growth that no one (staff or patients) is really happy with. It decreases employee morale and leaves a bad impression for patients. The group visits violate what their mission is all about (spending time with patients and getting to know them, listening and empathizing, being different by not making patients feel like a number). Also, stop hiring overqualified people, especially health coaches. Most of the health coaches I met there were overqualified and unhappy with something at their job. The position is unique, but is misleading at the interview stage. This is a great career move for a medical assistant or someone with little education, but good communication skills. If you continue to hire overqualified people on the promise that they're more than a glorified MA, they're going to find a new job and short term health coaches does not allow for relationship building with patients (again, this violates the mission). They are essentially offering concierge medicine for free, so you can't expect this company to double it's volume every year and not cause any problems. Also, if you tell employees they can expect an opportunity for a raise during an annual review, don't revoke that promise at the last minute. Give them a yearly raise.

Iora Health2018-10-31
  6. "Love Working Here!!!"

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company to work for! Values based company. Vision driven. I love coming to work every day to help people on their health journey. My opinion is valued on all levels, from the clinic level all the way to the corporate team.

Cons

Still a young company, has some growing pains.

Iora Health2017-12-11

"Best Work Environment...Ever!"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Iora Health values their employees and we know it by their actions. They really put "their money where their mouth is." We have a generous amount of time off, great medical/dental/vision benefits, a well stocked kitchen AND tuition reimbursement. Iora Health also hires super caring, friendly, empathetic, knowledgeable folks who make colleagues and patients feel right at home. This is by far the BEST work environment I've ever experienced.

Cons

Sometimes there's a lack of consistency because things are always changing, but Iora Health is always improving and I know they've got this.

Advice to Management

Creating a mentorship program for current employees to have a pathway to advance in their careers would be icing on the cake!

Iora Health2017-09-15

"Happy Health Coach"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Iora Health is creating a place where both patients and employees feel valued, heard and cared about. Creativity is not only encouraged, but is also one of Iora's core values. They take what's unique about each individual employee, notice it, nourish it and use it to enhance the entire collaborative patient/provider experience.

Cons

No flexible hours or ability to work from home.

Advice to Management

A lot of what Health Coaches do can be done virtually. Allowing us to have more flexible work schedules and to work from home regularly would make sense.

Iora Health2017-07-21

"Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Denver, CO

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Mission driven organization who wants to transform health care as a whole. - We essentially provide concierge medicine to people who couldn't necessarily afford it through the normal model of health care. - Everyone's opinion and input matters - Amazing work culture - Start up culture - Joy in work is a high priority - After you work for Iora for a year, you are given $2,500 annually for continuing education courses of your choice that correlate to your position. - Visionary atmosphere that really upholds their values.

Cons

- Because it is a start up, things like 401k matching are not a benefit yet. - Not a ton of upward motion in the company YET. Upper management has acknowledged that this is something employees want and are working on it. - You will most likely take a pay cut but will love coming to work.

Iora Health2017-04-03

"YOU will make an impact"

Current Employee - Health Coach in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

- It's just a crew of people who know that the current healthcare system needs help, and we are here to change it - Iora is what primary care should be - Your ideas and suggestions really do matter at this company

Cons

- Startup company means we still don't have employee benefits like 401k matching and HSA company contribution but that's ok!

Advice to Management

Always play on everyone's strengths and call them out often

Iora Health2017-03-31