Iora Health "company culture" Reviews | Glassdoor

Iora Health Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated Apr 13, 2019

4.0
Iora Health Co-Founder  and CEO Rushika Fernandopulle
Rushika Fernandopulle
Pros
  • "Fulfilling job in a company whose mission is to restore humanity to healthcare(in 6 reviews)

• "Great model/company culture and supportive/respectful working environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Health coaches concept unique in a sense that they may or may not have medical knowledge but once they have experience creates a great health team(in 7 reviews)

• "Very strict attendance policy, dead-end job/little room for growth, not very good management(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews

"A great way to start out in healthcare"

I worked at Iora Health full-time

Pros

The company culture is fantastic--Iora does well at hiring friendly, driven people who all share the same passion for healthcare. I greatly enjoyed the amount of teamwork necessary to provide patients with the best care possible. Good intentions for work/life balance with the strict policy to "drop everything" when the clinic closes at 5 PM. An excellent place to start a career in healthcare, even if you don't... have any prior healthcare experience. Teams will vary from clinic to clinic but it seems most everyone is kind, patient and encouraging to new hires. Very dynamic environment; no two days are the same! It was a joy to go into work each day. Provides many rewarding challenges. Perfect environment for extroverted people to shine as they create and maintain relationships with patients.

Cons

While it's great they're trying to grow, it seems like management is biting off more than they can chew; many ground-level employees were wary of opening more clinics before having concrete processes in place. Workload can get extreme for everyone, providers or otherwise. There are days when health coaches find it difficult to take breaks or even use the restroom because the appointments are booked back-to-back.... These schedules leave little room for accomplishing patient navigation/advocacy tasks, causing delays in effective care. Overtime is rare. If you're hourly and get caught working outside of clinic hours, you get dinged--but then there's still pressure to get everything done when there quite literally isn't enough time in the day.

Advice to Management

Create further growth opportunities at the clinic level, as it seems many people stagnate. Provide more training and education so that employees can provide even better care for patients. Prioritize team safety and clinic security from the get-go, not after an incident occurs. Remain transparent in conflict resolution--keeping teams in the dark creates further stress when issues come to light.

Iora Health2018-10-31
  2. "Working at Iora"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great model/company culture and supportive/respectful working environment. -Less patient load so you can provide holistic care without rushing through the visit. - Employee satisfaction is taken into consideration. - Health coaches work along with the provider in providing support in all ways and keeping in close contact with the patients as compared to the traditional model.

Cons

- Unique healthcare approach which takes time getting used to. - Health coaches concept unique in a sense that they may or may not have medical knowledge but once they have experience creates a great health team.

Advice to Management

N/A

Iora Health2019-04-14
  3. "Fantastic place to work!!"

Current Employee - Operations Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic working environment Team-based problem solving Revolutionizing healthcare delivery Working with leaders in primary care No barriers to making patients feel special Collaboration to ensure accessibility to our patients Company culture and values are reflected in our patient care

Cons

No cons to share at this time. It's been a great experience working at Iora Primary Care. I would highly recommend reaching out to anyone to learn more about employment opportunities!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The guidance and support from our leadership team makes going to work engaging and pushes me to be the best I can be for our patients.

Iora Health2017-12-15

"The Sales Team is AWESOME"

Current Employee - Patient Recruitment Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is the best part of the experience. It is a people-centric group that truly values their people.

Cons

The work is hard, and the mission is lofty. You have to be selfless and tireless to do this work. But the payoff is incredible if you can perform at a high level.

Advice to Management

The ideal candidates for this job (and this company) are mission driven and self-sufficient. This work is only for people willing to invent solutions and take risks every day.

Iora Health2017-08-28

"Operations Assistant"

I have been working at Iora Health

Pros

Company culture is supportive. Nicest people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Severely understaffed at a couple locations.

Advice to Management

Hire more people.

Iora Health2016-09-26