Iora Health "humanity to healthcare" Reviews | Glassdoor

Iora Health Employee Reviews about "humanity to healthcare"

Updated Jan 25, 2018

4.0
Iora Health Co-Founder  and CEO Rushika Fernandopulle
Rushika Fernandopulle
Pros
  • "Fulfilling job in a company whose mission is to restore humanity to healthcare(in 6 reviews)

• "Great model/company culture and supportive/respectful working environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Health coaches concept unique in a sense that they may or may not have medical knowledge but once they have experience creates a great health team(in 7 reviews)

• "Very strict attendance policy, dead-end job/little room for growth, not very good management(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "humanity to healthcare"

Return to all Reviews

"Patient Recruitment Coordinator"

I have been working at Iora Health full-time

Pros

Everyone I work with is passionate about our mission - restoring humanity to healthcare. They are some of the most thoughtful, motivated & caring individuals. Our patients are special and experience some of the highest quality of care possible - they make our practices a community.

Cons

We have 4 high functioning practices that we're continuously filling with patients - once those practices are sustainable we could really use some more practices further north and further south!

Iora Health2017-10-13

"An honest review"

Current Employee - Patient Recruitment Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

You cannot find better people than the ones who work at Iora. Everyone brings a unique perspective to the team that unites under a greater cause of restoring humanity to healthcare. When I was first interviewing I was dubious about that tagline: "Restoring Humanity to Healthcare." I thought it was just that, some catchy tagline that had no legitimate meaning. After being here for over a year I am reaffirmed every day that this is the true mission of the company and passion of all who work here. I honestly believe that people go into the healthcare system wanting to help, but are stuck in a broken system that is not about relationships anymore. I have never been more inspired by a group of individuals, in every practice in Seattle but also everyone else that I meet in the company. The employee benefits are great, I always brag about the snacks and the pto to my friends, and I love my team. Honestly no overwhelming "Con's", just things to be aware of when considering a new opportunity like this, but I can guarantee that the personal satisfaction and meaning behind the work can make up for any bumps along the way of figuring out how to fix our healthcare system.

Cons

I have only met a couple of employees that have not inspired me in the same ways that everyone else does, but that has only been a couple. There will be employees like that in every company. It can feel like a startup a lot of the days. You are figuring things out constantly, changing directions, reevaluating, switching priorities and then switching back, or roles will evolve. For some that can be frustrating, but for others it can be very rejuvenating and spur creativity. You just have to know your working style and how you deal with ambiguity. It is odd that with a majority of clinics caring for the senior population that there are so many young employees. Just know that Iora hires on empathy and everyone is screened for cultural fit. Also, with new roles being developed career paths aren't always set, which is something to be aware of.

Iora Health2018-01-25

Iora Health Response

January 29, 2018Director, Talent & Culture

Thanks for writing a review...We appreciate that you demonstrate our mission to "Restore Humanity to Healthcare" on a daily basis! Keep up the great work!

"Fulfilling job"

Current Employee - Community Liaison in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fulfilling job in a company whose mission is to restore humanity to healthcare. Taking ownership of the company's success comes natural because of its vision. Great culture and values. I have enjoyed this job and it has given me the opportunity to grow professionally and challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone.

Cons

I feel like Iora is in the process of transitioning from a start up to a big company so being flexible with job duties and expectations is a must. That is also part of growing professionally and learning new things.

Iora Health2017-08-29

"Health Coach"

I worked at Iora Health full-time

Pros

Company's goal to Restore Humanity to Healthcare is important and inspiring.

Cons

Day to day felt too chaotic too often.

Iora Health2017-08-16

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Frustrated Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

At first it seems like a great place to work. SOME good doctors. "Restoring Humanity to Healthcare". Pay is ok. Hours are ok.

Cons

Extremely tense work environment. Doctors treat staff very poorly. Poor benefits. No 401k match. The staff want to do a good job but they hire people with no medical background to take care of patients that are very, very ill. "Health Coaches" are told they do not need a medical background but what is required is that you know chronic diseases and how to help a patient manage them. Management doesn't listen to anything you have to say. "We'll figure it out" mentality. Cult like atmosphere. Attitudes from staff are, "I know what i'm doing and you don't, so I'm not going to listen even though I have no idea what I'm doing." Patient volume is down and unsustainable. Recognition is not given where it's due but rather to those who talk a lot. I've seen some really great people leave this company and some really poor employees stay. Not good.

Iora Health2017-03-28

Iora Health Response

May 25, 2017Director, Talent & Culture

Thanks for taking the time to write out your response. While there is no doubt that taking care of patients is intense work, I'd like to see if we can take steps to address your concerns since our practices should all be a positive place to work. I'd strongly encourage you to reach out to someone from your Market Leadership team or our Talent and Culture team to talk about the concerns you raised.

"Health Coach"

Former Employee - Health Coach

I worked at Iora Health full-time

Pros

Great culture and values innovation and restoring humanity to healthcare. Attentive leadership, intuitive record and IT systems and aggressive company growth.

Cons

Need to transition out of the start up mentality with tons of ambiguity to parameters that set protocols to ensure quality standards across the clinics moving forward. For the health Coach position they tend to employ individuals from new grads to the very experienced but the salary does not reflect the experience individuals bring to the table (same for most). Also need to have a better development plan for coaches moving forward.

Iora Health2016-06-28