Iora Health "room for growth" Reviews | Glassdoor

Iora Health Employee Reviews about "room for growth"

Updated 19 Jun 2019

4.0
Iora Health CEO Rushika Fernandopulle
Rushika Fernandopulle
Pros
  • "Everyone I work with is passionate about our mission - restoring humanity to healthcare(in 6 reviews)

• "Great model/company culture and supportive/respectful working environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Health coaches concept unique in a sense that they may or may not have medical knowledge but once they have experience creates a great health team(in 7 reviews)

• "Very strict attendance policy, dead-end job/little room for growth, not very good management(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "room for growth"

Return to all Reviews

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Iora Health full-time

Pros

flexibility you're actually helping people co-workers amazing culture amazing

Cons

low pay - little room for growth

Iora Health2018-02-09

"Love the job and people, don't get paid enough for the work we do"

Current Employee - Health Coach

I have been working at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture and people are awesome. Great mission and get to see and feel the impact we make on patients on a daily basis.

Cons

Compensation does NOT match our heavy workload, expertise/education, and the value we provide to patients and the company. Very little to no room for growth. Constant turnover leads to extra work for those who stay.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees fairly to stop the constant turnover.

Iora Health2019-06-19

"Good career move for an MA"

Former Employee - Health Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Iora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and team environment, hands on work and relationship building with patients

Cons

Advice to Management

Iora has a great mission, but this company risks caving in on itself if it continues to grow too fast. They end up overworking the staff and rolling out mediocre plans to keep up with the growth that no one (staff or patients) is really happy with. It decreases employee morale and leaves a bad impression for patients. The group visits violate what their mission is all about (spending time with patients and getting... to know them, listening and empathizing, being different by not making patients feel like a number). Also, stop hiring overqualified people, especially health coaches. Most of the health coaches I met there were overqualified and unhappy with something at their job. The position is unique, but is misleading at the interview stage. This is a great career move for a medical assistant or someone with little education, but good communication skills. If you continue to hire overqualified people on the promise that they're more than a glorified MA, they're going to find a new job and short term health coaches does not allow for relationship building with patients (again, this violates the mission). They are essentially offering concierge medicine for free, so you can't expect this company to double it's volume every year and not cause any problems. Also, if you tell employees they can expect an opportunity for a raise during an annual review, don't revoke that promise at the last minute. Give them a yearly raise.

Iora Health2018-10-31

"Operations Assistant"

Current Employee - Operations Assistant

I have been working at Iora Health full-time

Pros

Great culture, lots of potential for various scopes within one job. Great time off and miscellaneous benefits. Very low stress environment, little to no experience required in some cases.

Cons

Low starting salary, certain positions have little to no room for growth. Single review period each year, no matter the date of your hire.

Advice to Management

Continue the current course. Any cons at the moment are greatly outweighed by the pros. Main advice would be to look towards a different review process than singular per year, maybe more task / goal oriented.

Iora Health2016-06-03