Ipreo Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles
Scott Ganeles

Pros
Cons
  • The one thing I have noticed is that there is high turnover (in 21 reviews)

• Long hours without great processes or transparency (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great management team and innovative products."

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management, people, life balance, culture, location and solid new senior staff joining makes us look like we are ready to grow faster

Cons

Not a lot of cons as the management has been here for awhile and treat us like professionals and grownups.

"Mostly talk, not a lot of action and lots of turnover"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

everybody at my level is pretty cool but morale is going down and a lot of people are looking for other opportunities.

Cons

Management talks a lot about quality of life and havng fun but in reality its mostly talk. Expectation is almost you work 24 7 and getting time off is difficult. Our computers are 3 years old and most of us have tiny 19" monitors. It takes forever to get anyone to make a decision. A lot of people are looking for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Hire better leadership and take care of your people.

"Company in transition."

Current Employee - GMI Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - GMI Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

There are good opportunities to advance your market knowledge. The work life balance is very attractive. Great exposure to senior level executives in your client base.

Cons

The fact that the company knows there are significant problems related to turnover and says they are trying to fix them is good, but the changes are not happening at a pace that's going to keep the current group of 0-3 year employees here long term. Communication between the higher ups and younger employees is almost nonexistent and upper management is very disconnected. At the director level there is an obvious comfort with the way things are and they're very willing to let things continue to stagnate. Most of the younger employees are frustrated with the way promises have been made but nothing has really happened to improve the employee experience. Compensation is not competitive and they would rather hire 2 young analysts at a lower salary than promote or pay a current employee what they're worth. This can be seen in the lack of lead analysts, associates and associate directors. A big percentage of the current employees below the associate director level are already looking to move on.

For a fin-tech company, the computers in the office are absolutely terrible.

Advice to Management

You know compensation is your biggest problem. Pay your employees more or else the constant turnover is going to cripple the GMI side of the business. Hold your directors accountable. Upgrade your computers.

5. "Benefits Review"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Solid paid time off, healthcare, 401(k) and other standard benefits.

Cons

Frequent changes to HR practices and staff.

"Good but over-worked coworkers & poor management"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people generally are good and nice, but there's high, high turnover for a reason …

Cons

Executives in New York are … horrible. They only care about making money. They do nothing for employees. They talk about being a great team but they move people around on a whim, fire people who don't kiss their butts, and constantly change teams, managers. Continuous budget cutting so no resources and 24x7, work your butt off and make sure you check emial 18 hours a day or you're not a team player. They claim we're agile but then hound you to death about dates and deadlines. We need more develoeprs and better qa but instead they hiring more managers. Benefits are just OK, but not great. Haven't had a bonus in 3 years. Not a fun place to work.

Advice to Management

You've had plenty of advise so at this point what else is there to say

"Relaxed but not challening"

Former Employee - Senior Security Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Security Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Ipreo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good environment
    Very relaxed
    Senior mgmt was pretty transparent about the company's performance and their outlook

Cons

very little motivation to make change
    tasks were given instead of input solicited

Advice to Management

enable and invest in your staff. provide training, give opportunities to lead projects and involve them in the decision making

"Worst Company ever"

I worked at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing

Cons

I feel like most of the positive reviews might be written by somebody hired by the management.
    Their salary is not competitive. They outsource most of their jobs to Ukraine and managers keep on saying that it is not worth to hire here because we can hire 2 people in Ukraine for the money we pay you.

Thanks

Advice to Management

There are some abusive managers and if you can identify them it is good for you otherwise, you will loose all the good people. They are always negative and never say anything positive (you take him to the best restaurant in NYC for a lunch and after eating he will say at least, it was bit dry). If you do 9 good things and you have one weak area, he will only write that weak point in the review. I do not think such nitpicks are fit to be managers because it affects the morale of the entire team.

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - GMI Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - GMI Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Ipreo full-time

Pros

exposure to capital markets and some of the people are actually genuine.

Cons

Politics runs this place.
    No career growth.
    Low Pay and bonus. Management will actively look for ways to lower your bonus.
    Use it to get your foot in the door and leave within 1-2 years because there is no growth opportunity.
    They say that it is not an investment bank but the hours are very similar to an investment bank with horrible pay. Starting is 44K for GMI Analyst.

"Getting worse and more political"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

If you are a fresher this place is the right one to be. will learn a lot.

Cons

Too much politics. Severe disconnect between management and the people who actually do the work. No growth opportunity for current employees. People who actually do the work are not valued anymore but the ones who like to talk and boast are valued. Minimal technical training offered to employees. Whatever employee learns is by his own effort.

Advice to Management

Start caring about employees and spend some money on their training. Dont just look at the bottom line.

"Icompliance Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good entry-level position for people interested in capital markets

Cons

very high turnover, pressure from management, no reward and no acknowledgement. Women and minority struggle for real in this place! Brown nosing is quite obvious. I have seen I have seen 5 people leaving in my team in less than a year, so we are always hiring

Advice to Management

Sell Ipreo to Ipreo...