Ipreo Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles
Scott Ganeles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The one thing I have noticed is that there is high turnover (in 22 reviews)

• This is a great thing however I find that it definitely impacts my work life balance at times (in 9 reviews)

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic work environment, cutting edge technology, passionate salesforce. Very personable and dedicated executive management team. Recruitment experience was enjoyable - was able to meet many bright, effective people in different verticals within the company.

Cons

Not that familiar with the neighborhood that the office is located in. Will come in time.

2. "Great team .. greater culture !"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, culture, product and management leadership. Company cares about people being happy and maintaining balance. We all know what it takes to succeed.

Cons

Coffee machines could be improved ! Sometimes I need a serious latte and don't feel like going to Starbucks or Dunkin.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in top talent .. A players hire A players.

3. "Open to positive change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are all sorts of changes going on and are being led from the top. I've never seen Ipreo leadership so open to making things happen in so many different spheres. There is also a commitment to improving culture across the company which all brings with it lots of energy, activity and excitement.

Cons

Sometimes not everyone at all levels get to hear all the good things going on.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing and bring others along with you. Spread the word.

4. "Anonymous Female"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to all levels of management and departments. My opinions actually matter and the work I do actually has an impact on the business. I feel luck to have a role that allows me to try new things and gain new skills that are aligned with my strengths.

Cons

we've outgrown our office space

Advice to Management

more recognition/acknowledgment of everyone's accomplishments, the status quo is so high here we forget to congratulate one another on our achievements

5. "Current Employee Sharing Feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Invests in your growth. Ipreo is taking talent seriously and has raised the ante on investments with employees.

Working environment is excellent

Mobility is +

Cons

Unique Industry. May not be a con but you certainly have to be cut out for learning and developing the skills to continue to grow in the organization and foster your career development

6. "Growing Company in an Exciting Industry"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ipreo is a dynamic small company with the resources and aspirations of those that are much larger. Over my 7+ years with Ipreo, I've personally seen the company evolve in both size and market footprint. During that time, I've been given the flexibility to initiate and execute on new ideas and work closely with Sr. Management on a day to day basis. Sr. Management is very engaged with all staff and execution of the strategic initiatives of the firm. The company has a great Client base and substantial plans for future expansion and innovation.

Cons

Clients are demanding and its sometimes difficult to meet or manage their expectations due to resource constraints.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the small company feel that fosters participation, collaboration and innovation.

7. "Lots of positive changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Noticeable investments in developing people in the last 12 months and improving infrastructure. The Cape Town and London offices have been totally revamped and looking very impressive. Lots of growth both in headcount and revenue. The CEO is extremely approachable and deeply cares about people. The level of connection from the senior leadership team with more junior people is pretty rare and not something you see at many other companies. Benefits have also been improved and people noticing positive change. Pay has also been addressed in some key areas and improved particularly for graduates.

Cons

The New York office should hopefully be next on the refurbishment list.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. Lots of improvement with still more to go. People are noticing but the momentum needs to continue to be truly successful.

8. "Great company"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic work environment that is very client and product focused.
    People are definitely given the opportunity to succeed here and gain recognition from upper management if they try. Your voice will be heard when you speak up.
    Innovative work on the product and development side that is very well perceived in the capital markets industries.
    Fantastic company culture that keeps improving.

Cons

Steep learning curve and insufficient training materials for new hires.
    People often work banking hours but are not compensated as such.

9. "Exciting FinTech Company"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Immediately following my arrival at Ipreo, I found myself working on truly impactful projects, and was surprised by how approachable and accessible the senior leadership was. This continues to be the case more than a year in, and the breadth of different projects consistently provides opportunities to challenge myself and develop new skills, which is in stark contrast to my previous experience working at a company 30x the size. Additionally, Ipreo has done a great job fostering a collaborative and enjoyable working environment/company culture, and HR has clearly demonstrated the importance of training and professional development.

Cons

Legacy technology needs to be assessed and upgraded where necessary, but I believe senior management is making a coordinated effort to address this.

Advice to Management

Continuously reevaluate whether we are targeting the highest growth areas.

10. "Dynamic, growing company in an exciting industry"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Ipreo recently, and I have been very pleased with my experience to date. It is a very innovative and collaborative atmosphere overall, and I get to work every day with very talented, intelligent people. The senior leadership team is engaged (hosting town halls which are broadcast simultaneously in locations across the globe with presenters from US, Europe, Asia and Africa locations); and there is a genuine enthusiasm about the business, the people and the growth prospects of the company. I recommend Ipreo if you are looking for a dynamic and growing company in an exciting industry.

Cons

Not really a 'con', but be aware this is a fast-paced environment, so you should be ready to hit the ground running.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage people at all levels of the organization to ensure client needs are understood and met.