Ipreo Reviews | Glassdoor

Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles
Scott Ganeles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The one thing I have noticed is that there is high turnover (in 22 reviews)

• Long hours without great processes or transparency (in 15 reviews)

"Great, if you're fresh out of undergrad"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people, generally speaking, are great, and want you to succeed, at least on the team I'm on.
    - Senior management: they may be the source of some of the cons below, but in general are fantastic people with a true vision for the company.
    - Very start-up like culture, even though the company really has been around since 2006-7, management at all levels seem to be open to ideas.

Cons

- Compensation compensation compensation... can't stress this one enough. When I was interviewed, after the first round one of my interviewers (a director who was fired in the 3 months between my interview and start date), said that Ipreo has a problem retaining people for more than 2 years, and they're trying to change that. When I got the offer, I was told that I would be eligible for promotions each March thereafter with 10k raises for each. Unfortunately, expecting somebody to live in NYC on the 50K offered initially is not exactly a best practice in employee retention. You could end up doing IB hours for 40% less pay.
    - Seems like there's little room for advancement beyond the level of Lead Analyst.
    - Technology needs to be upgraded, and IT infrastructure still needs substantial work.

Advice to Management

Fix your compensation structure, if you're as focused on employee retention as you claim to be.

2. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to grow and learn

Cons

not a fully-detailed structure in how compensation is determined

Advice to Management

continue to grow pipeline for upward mobility

"New Ipreo"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging and engaging atmosphere. Management truly wants you to succeed and tries to give you every tool available to them in order for that to happen. Team mentality

Cons

Hours can be long and difficult

Advice to Management

Keep changing the culture and encouraging internal employees to grow into management positions

"Fun, challenging environment with lots of opportunity for personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy working here. There is rarely a dull moment, and so many opportunities for personal growth. One thing to understand about Ipreo is that it is made up of about 30 products. Some of those are older, legacy products and some are more modern. They encompass technologies that range from Silverlight all the way to .Net Core running on Docker images and serving up single page JavaScript apps.

So there is never a shortage of opportunities for improvement. Across the company a culture of continuous improvement has taken hold and teams are really buying in. We've moved away from TFS in favor of Jira and GitHub Enterprise, which is a huge change. Every team is making investments in automation in pursuit of continuous delivery. This is a very exciting time for Ipreo, and a great time to join. The really hard work has been done, a cultural transformation has taken place over the past year or two, and now we get to reap the benefits.

We have a strong internship program now, great family oriented events, lots of opportunities for volunteering and community oriented activities, annual bonus, and generous time off. Leadership does a great job of encouraging and supporting all these things.

Finally, there's just a lot of really smart, really cool people that work here. We work hard, but we generally have a good time doing it. The fact that we're solving some very cool technical challenges just makes it that much better.

Cons

This is not a company that sells hand stitched crafts. We don't sell t-shirts for your pets. Our products are used by the biggest banks in the world and drive some of the biggest deals and transactions in history. You don't get to work on a product that gets used to take Snapchat public without some stress. We have a drive to do quality work and provide rock solid products.

Finding the balance between moving and failing fast while still providing that level of quality is hard to get right. Sometimes I think we fall on the wrong side, but what encourages me is that I see teams having these conversations and figuring it out. The teams hold themselves accountable and everyone seems to have a voice.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at the data and feedback from the employees to improve in areas like benefits. Keep investing in the culture of the company.

"A Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I work with is great. My manager works hard to help everyone on his teams pursue their chosen career path. The other developers I work with are talented and hard working. My team has an excellent work life balance, and everyone understands that family comes first. My compensation is competitive and the end of the year bonus is nice. I enjoy the culture in the Raleigh office. Most everyone is friendly and striving to make the company better. The management in Raleigh also seems to care about the employees.

If you join a team you like and have one of the good managers, you'll be happy at Ipreo.

Cons

While I am happy with my position, I see several other teams that I would hate to be on. I've visited, worked with, and talked to many people working in other locations. None of the other locations are as nice as Raleigh, and their work-life balance isn't as good either. Rather than promoting from within, higher positions are normally filled from outside the company, so upward mobility seems a little limited.

It is easy to become isolated, and some teams are over worked. Ipreo uses a lot of contractors and overseas development; while not ideal, these overseas developers are better than most I've worked with. The time difference makes coordination difficult at times.

The benefits simple check a box, and they aren't anything special. They are middle of the road at best.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of technical talent in Raleigh, and Ipreo needs to pursue those resources. The overseas development resources are costing you more in productivity and moral than they save you salary costs. To hire competitively, you will need to improve your benefits and continue improving your culture.

"Operations analyst"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting field with exposure to clients from various sectors in the industry.

Cons

Compensation, incentive structure, and benefits do not reflect the value of the hard work and long hours required nor does it inspire long term career opportunity within the company.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only redeeming quality of Ipreo is their culture/values. The people that work here (at lower levels) are the greatest asset this company has. The friendliness and openness that they have make Ipreo a nice place to be. The company has also sponsored a few events which is good to see. This is the biggest improvement that I have seen since I started working. They are at least trying to give more attention to employees.

Cons

In terms of career opportunities, they are a launching pad for many people's career. This can be good if you are just starting out, but turnover is a real problem. On top of that, compensation is a joke. The combination of these two facts make it hard for anyone to stay once they have the experience to move on to companies who pay their workers fairly.
    Work/Life balance is okay, but not great.
    Senior Management is hit or miss. It seems the higher you go, the more misses there are.

Advice to Management

If you are serious about focusing on your employees, you would pay them fairly and show them a clear path of progression within the company.

8. "Growing company in an interesting field"

Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well run business with good direction, interesting applications, growth opportunities available.

Cons

Hard to coordinate work across many locations.

Advice to Management

Do more to recognize and reward successful teams.

"GMI Analyst"

Former Employee - GMI Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - GMI Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many driven, young co-workers and a great training program make this an awesome first job.

Cons

The hours starting out are brutal. It's under-compensated given the work load and C-suite clientele that analysts interact with on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Pay higher up front to reduce turnover.

"Mostly talk, not a lot of action and lots of turnover"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

everybody at my level is pretty cool but morale is going down and a lot of people are looking for other opportunities.

Cons

Management talks a lot about quality of life and havng fun but in reality its mostly talk. Expectation is almost you work 24 7 and getting time off is difficult. Our computers are 3 years old and most of us have tiny 19" monitors. It takes forever to get anyone to make a decision. A lot of people are looking for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Hire better leadership and take care of your people.