Ipreo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles
Scott Ganeles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company culture and work/life balance (in 31 reviews)

• The company is growing fast and is really focused on maintaining their culture and connecting the various business verticals (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The one thing I have noticed is that there is high turnover (in 24 reviews)

• This is a great thing however I find that it definitely impacts my work life balance at times (in 10 reviews)

1. "Client Sucess Analyst Municipals"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

I really enjoy my time working at Ipreo because everyone is very welcoming. I have the opportunity to learn from many intelligent people who's been in the field for a very long time.

Cons

There are no cons in the company as of right now.

Advice to Management

Give employee opportunity to move up in there roles and opportunity for raises.

2. "Corporate Account Analyst"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Coming into IPREO, I did not know much of what a Financial Technology company does. The company does a fantastic job providing seminars, learn ins and summits to educate their young talent. The culture at IPREO is unlike anything I have ever experienced. All colleagues ranging from the Executives down to the juniors are very welcoming, regardless of what department they are in everyone is friendly and will have a conversation with you. With so many likeminded individuals surrounding you, you never feel isolated or intimidated by a company of this stature. I am very fortunate to be a part of the IPREO family. I had an opportunity to go work for a large mutual fund company, but I walk into the office everyday never regretting making the decision to choose IPREO. The only thing I would change is something on my end, which would have been finding out about the company sooner rather than later.

Cons

None at all from my end.

3. "Great company and people, small company feel"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been here a few weeks, but so far it's great.

As with any job, your enjoyment of the job depends a lot on the people you work with. The people I'm working with here are experienced, motivated, energetic, dedicated, friendly, and just good people.

At my previous company/team the morale was very low, people were working very hard to achieve goals that had questionable benefits to the company, or anyone. The people were good, but the balance between experienced developers and green developers wasn't great.

Ipreo is like a breath of fresh air in comparison, the company promotes a "no a-holes" policy and good work/life balance, I haven't run across any developers that need any handholding, and the culture is great. Tech stack is also pretty fresh and good, we're working on Angular.io, kafka, docker, etc.

The pay seems pretty good, and altogether I really enjoy coming in to work again :)

Cons

401k contributions aren't the best, they do contribute but not a huge percentage.

Parking downtown Raleigh is kind of a pain, but Ipreo has been super helpful in procuring parking spots for people and helping to subsidize the parking cost.

Don't get a laptop if you're a developer, it's nice to be able to take the machine home and work from home easily, but the laptops are business laptops and not well-suited to developers. The desktops seem pretty solid though.

Sick days come out of your vacation time. This makes sense from a company perspective, but it's still kind of a bummer if you catch the flu and end up not being able to take time off during christmas or hit the beach during the summer. I don't tend to use much sick time though, and the ability to work from home means you could have a minor cold and still be able to pull in some hours - also, individual managers may let you make up the time later instead of taking it as vacation - so it's not a huge deal *shrug*

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ipreo is an established and fast growing company with a collaborative start-up culture. Management is open to hearing new ideas and enabling employees to take on more responsibilities and advance within Ipreo. Company values feedback from employees and is agile enough to make continuous improvements.
    -Challenging work and fast paced environment
    -Rewarding of hard work and opportunities for internal mobility
    -Focus on learning and development
    -Good work/life balance and PTO allotment
    -Ability to work with and learn from many high performers

Cons

Benefits could be better but have improved

5. "Ipreo"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not Many Pros
    Commuter Pay
    Decent Work\life Balance
    Handful of Solid Individuals that work within the company

Cons

Hiring of none skilled employees to justify body count
    Skilled Employees will not be paid their worth

Advice to Management

Remove the Arrogance

6. "Entry Level Role"

I worked at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Great company culture and work/life balance

Cons

No cons. Had a great experience

"Corporate Analytics"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Potential to spin your experience during a job interview for a finance job.

Cons

Wall Street hours/culture minus the pay. High turnover. Hard to tell that anything you do is adds any real value.

8. "Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A high energy company in the fintech space.

Cons

Lack of processes, managers lack experience to develop young employees, lack of management accountability and very, very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Authentic and service leader training for people managers.
    Values are only good if you practice them.

9. "DevOps Engineer"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team
    Good Location
    Awesome manager
    Awesome people and teams
    Sometimes interesting projects
    A desire to adopt new technologies and use them

Cons

Medical insurance. The worst insurance that I have ever had.
    The policy to set goals for each year.

10. "Ipreo - A FinTech Company to Scale Your Dreams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company functions like a large and well resourced Series A startup. The employees are intelligent, creative and enjoyable to work with. Employees have a large degree of autonomy to determine how to perform their respective roles with little micro-management.

The entrepreneurial spirit of Ipreo is alive and well! Like a start-up, you have the ability to pivot and collaborate with other groups within the company. I have never felt pigeon-holed to one single responsibility or group in the three years that I have worked here. I know several employees here that are 5+ year veterans and have no intentions of going elsewhere because of the people and opportunities.

One of the mantras of Ipreo is: "manage people in all directions," Building and curating relationships with managers, interns and co-workers is highly encouraged and respected here. Everyone within Ipreo is approachable. It's up to you to make those relationships and your success.

Cons

No cons to add presently.

Advice to Management

Please do what you can to keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive at Ipreo. It is our strongest asset and will continue our success for years to come.