Ipreo Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles
Scott Ganeles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a value on work-life balance but there is a dedicated team / high-performance culture however (in 27 reviews)

• The company is growing fast and is really focused on maintaining their culture and connecting the various business verticals (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The one thing I have noticed is that there is high turnover (in 22 reviews)

• This is a great thing however I find that it definitely impacts my work life balance at times (in 10 reviews)

1. "Ipreo - A FinTech Company to Scale Your Dreams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company functions like a large and well resourced Series A startup. The employees are intelligent, creative and enjoyable to work with. Employees have a large degree of autonomy to determine how to perform their respective roles with little micro-management.

The entrepreneurial spirit of Ipreo is alive and well! Like a start-up, you have the ability to pivot and collaborate with other groups within the company. I have never felt pigeon-holed to one single responsibility or group in the three years that I have worked here. I know several employees here that are 5+ year veterans and have no intentions of going elsewhere because of the people and opportunities.

One of the mantras of Ipreo is: "manage people in all directions," Building and curating relationships with managers, interns and co-workers is highly encouraged and respected here. Everyone within Ipreo is approachable. It's up to you to make those relationships and your success.

Cons

No cons to add presently.

Advice to Management

Please do what you can to keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive at Ipreo. It is our strongest asset and will continue our success for years to come.

2. "DevOps Engineer"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team
    Good Location
    Awesome manager
    Awesome people and teams
    Sometimes interesting projects
    A desire to adopt new technologies and use them

Cons

Medical insurance. The worst insurance that I have ever had.
    The policy to set goals for each year.

3. "Great people work here!"

Pros

Great, intelligent people; very collaborative, friendly environment; lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Salary on the lower end of the spectrum

4. "Ipreo Leadership Program and A Grade"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ipreo launches a talent acquisition and management program .. with the goal of bringing leaders into the company straight from college. We have an amazing HR team and this program has set the bar at a level where we only take A+ talent. The program is well designed .. but add that to the efforts on mobility and Ipreo gets an A grade.

Cons

Still not much in the way of negatives. Great team and mentoring is now moving into gear. Would like to see more in the way of the bar for getting promoted over time.

5. "Industry Leader with Great Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Private Capital Markets -Solutions Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Private Capital Markets -Solutions Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ipreo is a great place to work for a variety of reasons. While Ipreo has established itself as the industry leader, it is continuing to rapidly grow and expand. It has a very positive company culture of valuing it's employees and giving them opportunity to build on their career. Since Ipreo services various areas of finance on both the public and private side, there are plenty of opportunities for mobility and to learn about different types of finance.

Cons

I can honestly say that the company as a whole does not have any notable cons.

6. "My Ipreo Review"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst RS&T Global Client Relations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst RS&T Global Client Relations in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ipreo is the leading FinTech Company in the world. I have felt at home since I started here in late April 2017. Everyone really makes you feel at home throughout the day, whether it be the Facilities Team or the C-Level Suite. While I have been here I have learned more than I have at any other job I have worked at.

Cons

It is hard work, but you get out what you put in. I will keep it at that!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, there is a reason we are #1!

7. "Client Success Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Success in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Success in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and phenomenal work environment
    Flexible and understanding
    New focus on promoting within the company

Cons

Work environment is open so can get noisy at times.

8. "Exciting Time at an Exciting Company"

Current Employee - GMI Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - GMI Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very exciting time to be working here. The growth is evident as Ipreo continues to innovate and execute as a leading FinTech company, and management does a great job of getting employees at every level excited about where this company will be in 6 months, 3 years, even 5 years.

The company also recently implemented a rotational program for recent graduates called the "Ipreo Leadership Program" or "ILP." This gives young employees the opportunity to explore all sides of the business, access to top leadership through a mentor program, excellent training and development, and a sense of community within the ILP class that mimics the feel of the overall Ipreo culture of teamwork and collaboration.

Cons

Generally have nothing bad to say about this company. The base salary could be slightly higher, but it's not unreasonable and the work/life balance makes it worth it.

"3 months on the job"

Current Employee - Md in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Md in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great collaborative environment. A big opportunity to make a difference. A well established company owned by Blackstone and Goldman Sachs that still feels and behaves as a startup. You can go as fast as you are willing and able to go.

Cons

No cons so far.

10. "Great place to grow and be a part of a success story"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has moved beyond a startup to being a leader in fintech, but has managed to retain much of the cultural elements that led to it's success. There is a true sense of entrepreneurship and an ownership culture with a strong emphasis on doing the right thing and treating colleagues with respect. This tone is set from the top of the company and it's very encouraging to see the company stay true to its roots.

Cons

With rapid growth comes growing pains. The company is scaling fast and adapting to this change can be tough. Confident the steps being taken are the right thing for the business, but the team will have to be patient while more structure and process is implemented to ensure future growth and success.

Advice to Management

Have confidence in the plan. You are doing all the right things and the tone being set is what gives the rest of the team the confidence to see things through.