Ipreo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Ipreo CEO Scott Ganeles
Scott Ganeles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company culture and work/life balance" (in 36 reviews)

• "The company is growing fast and is really focused on maintaining their culture and connecting the various business verticals" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "The one thing I have noticed is that there is high turnover" (in 23 reviews)

• "This is a great thing however I find that it definitely impacts my work life balance at times" (in 10 reviews)

"Business Development Associate"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

no complaints about it currently

2. "Work with Some good PPl but not great pay"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Generally Good people
    - A lot of Smart team members
    -Challenges on the Daily Job

Cons

-Low pay overall compared to average

3. "Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Level Employee
    Former Employee - Senior Level Employee

I worked at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It is a job, not a career. you won't improve your skills as much as you will do more work. It is good for a 6 months - 12 months, not more than that.
    - growth is very slow
    - you lose your 401k match if you stay less that 3 years at the company

Cons

- A company that has poor standards is a bad company in my opinion. a company that don't pay bonus for employees who resigns before the bonus payout which is March 15 of the next year is a shame. Even if the bonus is earned and the employee spent 12 months+ at the company, they won't pay out the bonus. I am writing this review and hoping (I doubt) someone will read this review because you cannot ask your employees for loyalty and hard work with such treatment.

Advice to Management

Sacrificing the company reputation for not paying bonuses that are earned based on good performance and hard work, is a shame.
    Earned bonus is an employee right and part of his/her contract with the company.
    I will give the CEO a thumb down because such HR/Payroll rules are decided at the top leadership level.

"Do NOT work here!"

I worked at Ipreo full-time

Pros

-my colleagues were great

Cons

-management is ineffective and uneducated
    -HR is unprofessional and completely incompetent
    -salaries are well below what they should be
    -very high turn over rate

Advice to Management

Do not tell current employees and interns to write reviews on here

"It's a Trap!! Run away as fast as you can..."

Former Employee - GMI Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - GMI Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ipreo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some legitimately good people at the company. They are actively attempting to improve the culture of the company.

Cons

Us former employees have a term: 'The Ipreo Trap'. The nature of the work done in Global Market Intelligence is very niche -- meaning you will develop a set of skills that are virtually useless outside of an incredibly narrow field of employers, most of which were formed by former employees that were essentially unemployable in other professional lines of work.

I arrived at Ipreo with extensive experience, but the decision to accept this offer over other high quality positions was nearly career suicide. While my background made me a good candidate for the role, the role itself does not translate to other fields. As a result, I was less employable with Ipreo (now part of IHS) than I was prior to joining the firm. It is the only time in my life where additional experience was detrimental.

Global Market Intelligence (also known as Stock Market Surveillance) is a role that involves monitoring shares of publicly traded companies. Based various bits information, you attempt to determine which mutual funds or other investing institutions are buying or selling shares of a company.

I find it odd that Ipreo has such good reviews and I am aware of their HRs efforts to improve standings on Glassdoor and Indeed. The truth is that while there are good people at the company that I thoroughly enjoyed working with, I had genuine concerns with management, the company's 'sweatshop' reputation is well deserved, and compensation is not in line with the incredibly high level of sophisticated client facing activity that is required on a daily basis -- which is virtually the only spin you could place on working in such a role. There is also a REMARKABLY politicized atmosphere.

I had the prior experience required to escape a black hole situation, but I have seen those who -- either because they didn't have previous experience in another field or had simply worked at Ipreo too long -- see an absolute implosion of their careers.

Those fresh out of college would love the faux Wallstreet environment and the idea of getting a foot in the door of the world of finance, but the firm is a pitcher plant of careers.

I can only speak to the roles of Global Markets Intelligence and Corporate Analytics. I'm sure other roles such as AppDev, Compliance, Accounting, or any other back office role outside the revenue generating core of the firm. would have different experiences.

Advice to Management

-If the role is going to involve such a high degree of relationship management, improve compensation to a market rate.

-Stretching teams across various locations is ineffective. You cant effectively managed if you only see your employees a few days a year.

-Losses of clients resulting from bankruptcy or acquisition should not count against performance -- unless there is a salary that reflects this reality.

"Analyst"

Pros

Lot of younger people, easy to meet people.

Cons

Bureaucracy makes it difficult to climb latter, hard to separate yourself, reviews are extremely subjective.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to treat younger analysts with more respect, appreciate the groundwork being done.

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work/life balance, casual environment

Cons

Not many procedures, lack of organization

8. "Great company, great culture"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipreo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent people and interesting work

Cons

Underpaid compared to relevant jobs

Advice to Management

None

9. "Client Service"

I have been working at Ipreo full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

None, I cannot think of any at this time

"Good products loyal customers bad management"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Ipreo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance and office location

Cons

Too much nepotism and misguided loyalty to old cronies, not enough employee development

Advice to Management

Manage resources fairly, promote excellence, pay attention to process