Ipsos Reviews | Glassdoor

Ipsos Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great mentorship, and excellent work-life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Excellent staff, fun work environment (if you look for it), big name recognition (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be hard to manage (in 65 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and overtime is not paid (in 69 reviews)

"The 'cover' looks good, the book is not very"

Current Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a good name in the industry, above average paid vacation/holiday time with Friday summer hours, many office locations/company openness to working remotely (manager and job-dependent, of course), plenty of intelligent, friendly people work here, people generally and genuinely get along well, not a company environment where people step on other people to climb up the ladder.

Cons

Comparatively low salaries, low bonuses/lack of bonus structure, below average equipment/IT, health insurance is getting worse and worse (probably a general trend, but Ipsos has been switching insurance companies every year for worsening policies, I suspect for lower costs to the company). Also, no cohesion across the company verticals, no cohesion across geographies within verticals. Worst of all, still doing things the old fashioned way in terms of manually doing repetitive, tedious tasks; no attempt to change that from above, mid-, or below (no encouragement nor resources to do so). Did I mention the long hours? -- this as a result of lack of modernization.

Advice to Management

Modernize for the future or you will fail to attract/retain the best and brightest

"Research Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ipsos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There was a fun culture of camaraderie among co-workers. Also, there direct promotion path that was transparent to everyone and was applied pretty fairly across the board.

Cons

Too many required meetings, overtime was a way of life - schedules were set and committed to assuming overtime and if any data collection or processing problem came up, 9pm or 11pm nights were common.

Advice to Management

Compensate overtime

"DO NOT WORK HERE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST"

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Ipsos (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefit are OK and you can make friends while working because everyone is always at work and not at their homes.

Cons

I worked directly with Lauren DeMar and it was horrible. She does not care for your well being nor cares for you as a person. She only shows lack of respect and never gives you a "good job" even while seeing you have put in the hard work. Do not expect to be congratulated or a good pact on your back while working at this company, they will DRAIN YOU from your energy. It is like they enjoy sucking the life out of you. I have no idea how this company is still around while they work their employees as slaves and disrespect them. Not only do the disrespect you as human but also make sure to know how they view your worth. Expect to work a GAZILLION hours a day, no sleep and to kiss their butts because that is what they love, they love knowing they have the upper hand and they love dehumanizing their employees. OH and be prepared to work with old computers and horrible service.

Advice to Management

CARE AND RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES

Ipsos Response

Jun 2, 2016 – Ipsos Management

We're sorry things didn't work out. As you know, the job of executive assistant requires good rapport and a smooth relationship between the executive and the assistant. When the fit isn't there, it's ... More

"SMX Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being a Community Manager for Ipsos SMX is by far the most rewarding job I've ever had--each day presents new opportunities to think outside the box, and the research and recommendations you present to your clients is often reflected in products on shelves or major ad campaigns across the nation. The team is really fun, and the Cincinnati office environment is great--flexible hours, casual attire, beer cart, summer Fridays, etc. It's the perfect job for someone transitioning from a client side marketing role to market research, or someone who wants to delve into research from more of a social media perspective. Great for thinkers and those who do not mind putting in the hours to make their work the best it can be.

Cons

The hours are not regular--so do not take this job expecting a 9 to 5 all the time. Some weeks you will need to put in the extra time to get a project finished, while others you will have a lighter schedule and can log off early as soon as you wrap work up. So you need to be flexible, dedicated, and someone who's ok with rolling with the punches when they have to in order to really succeed here. The starting salary and benefits are good, but yearly raises are lacking, even for high performers. So do not expect to see huge pay jumps until you get a promotion.

Advice to Management

Work on developing more accurate time/effort estimates for projects, and budget for stronger merit-based raises each year in order to retain your best performers long term.

"Average Entry-Level Experience"

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ipsos (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with ability to work on accounts for large, international organizations

Cons

lacks strength in management abilities

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Working at SMX offers the chance to be creative and collaborative. Since Ipsos is the 3rd largest research company in the world, our team is able to innovate and think outside of the box within an environment that still has the freedom and ability to create like a start-up. The current team is incredibly strong and the work environment is positive & dynamic. If you've ever worked in client service (or any job ever), you realize that there is an ebb & flow to the business - sometimes you work late and other times you are right at 40 hours/week. At SMX, we take pride in our work ethic, our ability to hustle, and consistently exceed the expectations of our clients. I have recommended friends to this company many times over, and will continue to do so.

Cons

If you are not good at multi-tasking, don't have a natural curiosity, or want to leave exactly at 5:00 every single day of your career, I would not recommend applying.

7. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Ipsos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working culture. Scope for fast growth if you show the talent.

Cons

Need more processes in place.

Advice to Management

Needs to behave like a big company.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Pros

Many perks. Flexible schedules. Ability to work remotely when needed. Occasional free food. FUn and friendly working environment.

Cons

There aren't really a lot of cons. Inability to move up, and heavy workload would be stretching it.

"DON'T BECOME AN SMX COMMUNITY MANAGER!!!"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The company ONLY has good benefits.

Cons

This is a warning...DO NOT BECOME A COMMUNITY MANAGER FOR SMX in LA or Cincinnati! Your life will be ruined. There is NO work-life balance.They care nothing for your well-being. They will try and convince you that everything is nice and awesome. THIS IS NOT TRUE!! twelve community managers have left since May of 2015 (that says a lot about the job/management). I would never offer this position/opportunity to my worst enemy. You've been warned!

Advice to Management

Clean out current Account Directors and hire directors that help community managers succeed and grown.

Ipsos Response

Mar 14, 2016 – Ipsos Management

Thank you for your feedback on advice to management. We value all feedback that is given and will continuously find ways to constantly improve. We’d also like to take the opportunity to address ... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Good place to learn about market research. Focus on business units helps you become an expert in what you do.

Cons

Low pay, long hours. Weak middle/upper management. Even bosses are continuously complaining about working here, which is terrible for a morale thay wasn't very high to begin with.