Iredale Mineral Cosmetics Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jane Iredale

"business consultant"

I worked at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time

Pros

Guaranteed base salary and monthly bonus on growth above last year. Largely female population of employees that allows flexible scheduling to meet individual and company goals. Your schedule is primarily your own to make however this is a position that requires 50-60 hours a week minimum. Great pay if you're willing to work for it! In my territory, approximately 50% travel. Excellent products, recognized brand, fun to work with accounts you chose and who love he brand as well. A small company that is forward thinking, health conscious and on the pulse of today's evolved working woman.

Cons

As with any employer, sales success is directly impacted by resources available so if your RD isn't a great one, your goals become tougher (not impossible) to achieve. Focus/target market changes often. Frequent manufacturing issues on some products but eventually they get corrected. This was four years ago.

2. "Best company to work for , very satisfied! Amazing products and beautiful people!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best boss and also the best company for inside the corporate office ! Knowing that Jane iredale is the gold standard brand and it sells it self, it's truly an honor to work for such amazing people.

Cons

That sometimes when new products launch and they are in high demand, back orders might occur. Also that we in field sales can not be more involved with launches and what we think might work.

Advice to Management

I love the support everyone gives in both upper management and in corporate to the field sales. Everyone is professional and respectful.

"Business Consultant"

I worked at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time

Pros

The only cosmetic company marketing to the medical channel so you are the only competition. No micro-managing because my RD has a side job doing voice overs.

Cons

Too many defective products released without concern or damage to the brand. The tester unit is too large and was created to generate income for a department store, not the current customer base which struggles for space and has limited open to buy per month. Management doesn’t have the experience or skill set to lead and frequently show bad behavior in the field and to partners. I personally witnessed upper management: flying to a BC’s area for plastic surgery expecting them to take care of them during recovery, having relations with a stranger while sharing a room at a trade show, bartering with a client to trade product for injectable fillers and emotionally breaking down while at a partner visit.

Advice to Management

Promotion should be based on skill set and experience not entertainment value. The Goal Calculator is not a trademark worthy tool; it has been used by other companies for years. Developed territories go up and down (usually every 2 years) so it is important that you give the BC the tools needed to achieve success instead of replacing them with consultants that will work for the lowest base in the industry. Much needed tools would be: better upper management and regionals that can give opinions and say more than “that’s amazing,” promo’s based on consumer demand rather than meeting a deadline, training at meetings rather than skits, compare BC’s based on the size, population and average income of the territory, not that you hired them or were friends with them prior or that they treat you to a free week at the condo. Maybe keep field reps that make money for company when stretched for cash rather than keeping the 3 stooges that suck up all the energy and cash.
     I think Jane is either the mirror image of the management team or she has been on vacation for a long time. Sell this company to Diane Ranger the true creator of this brand.

"Hypocrites"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Great Barrington, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Great Barrington, MA

I worked at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics (More than 10 years)

Pros

I loved the product and I loved Jane herself.

Cons

Always noticed for your short comings... Not celebrated for your achievements or contributions. No leadership to help you grow. Ides are stolen and taken credit for. Management is a joke and are devious. A bunch of women in management that are mean girls and glorified babysitters. It’s a popularity contest. I’ve worked for the company for 10+ years and it is not the company it once was. It’s clear to see Jane is NOT in control anymore.

Advice to Management

You need to stop this treatment of your employees. There is a pattern of un-ethical behavior by your management team in the field. It’s so nice to hear Theresa Robison VP speak about her new furniture and additions to her house while people in the field (making the money for the company) are struggling to pay their own bills. Follow “The Code Of Conduct!!!!”

"Absolutely AMAZING company!"

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for many different companies in the industry and this is by far the best! I am treated like an equal and my talents are valued and rewarded. I have never been scolded or treated unfairly.The product sells itself and we are well known in the industry for having the highest quality.

Cons

If you are choose to do an outside sales job you undoubtedly know that you will travel the majority of the time. The only con with this is being away from family and driving long hours more often than not. However, this is not a reflection on the company, just the position in general which is the same in the entire industry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! My boss is amazing and treats me like a friend. I am always rewarded for my accomplishments and have never been scolded or micromanaged. This is incredibly important!

"Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is nice and so willing to help!

Cons

Goals are extremely high and unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Set achievable goals and people will stick around because it's awonderful company!

"Does not appreciate their sales force, more work less pay the longer you work there"

Former Employee - Business Consultant
    Former Employee - Business Consultant

Pros

There aren't really anymore unless you want a reduced base and an impossible commission structure. You cannot earn six figures with this company unless you are in management, and they don't even work half the time.

Cons

Working for inexperienced, lazy, "don't care" bully type regional managers is about all there is. Don't ask for help, you will get thrown under the bus to keep you from asking for help from your manager (they pretty much want you to just go away) and there is never any budget to help you with your goals, because they most likely spent that on themselves or their family. Middle management has no accountability to anyone, which is scary. Extremely unprofessional and in experienced management who has never worked a day in the field much less applied make up to anyone. It's sad really.

Advice to Management

You should all be ashamed of yourselves and should quit. You should make room for the numerous experienced, savvy, licensed sales consultants with proven track records that can do your job and promote their teams with increased revenues rather than keep drowning in losses because you don't know the job or how to manage anyone! You are way over paid for what you actually do and a detriment to the company which is why they have moved more to online sales rather than work with the professionals.

"The Ego's and morals of this company is horrific"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The foundations perform extremely well. The color is terriable and I have nothing positive yo say about the company except that some really amazing individuals work in sales but management is gross....

Cons

The Ego's of management is out of control. They are unethical, backstabbing, immature, dishonest and in it for themselves. While I was at this company I was literally verbally abused on a daily basis by my direct report. I heard her talk down about others, lie and try to step on anyone she could. It seems like they all hate eachother but will throw any employee under the bus to look like they don't make mistakes. They wil load more work on you than do. This is not a culture of learning or growing and the customer is only protected by their sales consultant and if you are at a ethical will be in a constant battle to do the right thing for the customer.

Advice to Management

Listen and be diplomatic. It's one thing to talk about these things but when you dont do them people notice. Your managers are the face of your company and every review on here is yelling you have a problem. Lots of companies have good product the thriving ones have good leaders.

"Don't bother until they get their act together"

Former Employee - Technology in Great Barrington, MA
    Former Employee - Technology in Great Barrington, MA

I worked at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product! Jane is very sweet, but as others have mentioned, conflict averse. The benefits were good (75% off the product!) and you can bring your dog to work which was always fun. My department co-workers were wonderful. Lot's of other folks were really nice as well.

Cons

Senior Management is completely incompetent and have egos that will overfill a room. And most of them believe themselves to be genius-level but only 1 actually is. Middle management roles are given not to those with actual talent, but whoever has been there the longest or has gained favor with an important player. Management training is unheard of with predictable results. In fact, there isn't any training for anyone. It's extremely political and there's lots of folks with patronage jobs and others hired to do the jobs of the incompetent patrons.

My boss was looking for a skillset that won't ever be found in Great Barrington. Not for what they're offering anyhow. She didn't even speak to me for 6 months! She'd only smile awkwardly at me in the hallways. ('Hiiiii...") So unprofessional. I was told I was not allowed to ask questions directly to the consultants running the project because it would cost too much money so I did the best that I could.

Oh, and there's 1 mens room, frequently in bad shape thanks to zero ventilation and mystery men with poor dietary habits.

Advice to Management

My current boss says he is responsible for getting his employees the tools they need to succeed. Iredale doesn't share that philosophy. Iredale needs to clean house and get the incompetent family members out of there. They are a huge financial and temporal drain on the company. And invest in some training for your employees! And provide them with the tools they need to succeed!.

"thrown under the bus with politics and incompetent, egotistical mismanagement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Barrington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Great Barrington, MA

I worked at Iredale Mineral Cosmetics full-time

Pros

The product is amazing--best in the industry. Medical benefits are fantastic. 401K w IMC contribution is a huge benefit.

Cons

NO training whatsoever for sales staff or management. Management is generally inept and are not held accountable for inconsistencies and bullying. HR department is a joke. They are also experiencing serious revenue issues due to overstretching expenses for the new building. No advancement possible, despite what is promised. Jane is insular and infallible and does not like dealing with any sort of conflict; Consequently, she suffers under the delusion that everything must be sunshine and roses at all times. Anyone with intelligence, imagination, or ambition will suffer disillusionment at the hands of a few people clawing their way over each other for their own agendas in management.

Advice to Management

LIsten to sales staff, even when it's uncomfortable. Improve compensation; choose more realistic sales goals. Actively seek ongoing improvement in management and communication training.