Iris Consulting Group Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2020

4.3
Iris Consulting Group Owner David Purdy (no image)
David Purdy
Pros
  • "They start everyone at the entry level position and teach you everything you need to know to become a very good manager in the company(in 12 reviews)

• "The work environment here is fantastic(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "You do have to be willing to put in hard work to see your results though(in 52 reviews)

• "The long hours are tough for most people in the beginning(in 50 reviews)

"Benevolent Work Place"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Iris Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At Iris, the comradery is unlike anywhere else I have worked. Since starting three years ago, I have created lifelong mentors and friends who've helped me propel my career from an Entry-Level employee to a Self-Sufficient entrepreneur. I am forever grateful for what I have learned and will keep on learning at Iris.

Cons

LONG HOURS! Be prepared to build your personal brand via a progressive mindset and putting in 100%. Unfortunately, long hours is a consequence, but a worthy consequence.

"I urge you to run."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Iris Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quite honestly there are NONE.

Cons

Their CEO is responding to all of the negative reviews claiming they're coming from one person, Don't fall for it, the reviews are coming from multiple people who this company got over on. This place is a sinking ship. The company is a shaky door-door sales scheme. The tempt you with the morning music, the introductions, the fun games and the optimism for the day. They can try and word it however they would like, but the bottom line is you work hard ALL DAY going door to door to sell internet, tv & phone packages. Some days are good days, most days are not. When they hire you on, they never really tell you what you'll be doing, The guilt you into staying with their Tuesday & Thursday team nights. The turnover for this company is terrible. The only people who have been there long are those who reap the benefits of the low ranking members. Don't be fooled by the positive reviews and the responses from the CEO claiming they're sorry ... they're not. They ruin people's lives. You don't get paid for being in the field all day unless you sell something and they make you feel horrible if you don't. Honestly, if you're desperate for a job, I would hold out because the time you give to this place isn't worth it. They should be shut down.

Continue reading

3. "Pyramid scheme, run for your life."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at Iris Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, no benefits, no time off, no Gas reimbursements. Absolutely nothing is good about this company. They expect you to come in a suit to make you feel professional and then you change. You do not get paid for the 3 hours you have to come in to the office to play games. It is simple. They make money off of you. Promising you promotions that are not really promotions they are bust titles slapped on inexperienced people. Then they will offer you your own branch. They will make money off of your branch as well. Turnover is awful and the pay is awful run. And yes they hire the young because they have no experience and have no idea what a bad deal they are getting.

Cons

Everything about this place. No benefits, no real leadership with experience. They will have you meat every morning to tell you that it is worth it and tell you how great the company is but its not its a pyramid scheme. Run for your life. The reviews from AGMs and other leaders are not believable because they make money off of everyone else. During my time there I heard 3 times people wanted to sue them. They also make you sign a waver that you can't. First job I have ever seem that has you sign first day you can't sue them...... red flag.

"SCAM"

4.0
    Current Employee - Junior Associate in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Iris Consulting Group full-time

Pros

there are literally zero pros RUN

Cons

prey on young unexperienced hopefuls promising them an actual career

July 17, 2020President

Grateful for the feedback, it seems like this person has posted several reviews saying "preys on the young". We ARE a company of young people. Not only do we hire young people but we are founded and run by young professionals. We apologize that this offends you. We in no way prey on young people's hopefulness. Sales and customer service do however, require a level of positivity and personability.

5. "Scam"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Charleston, SC

I worked at Iris Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros--they're scam artists that prey on people right out of college with no real experience.

Cons

They hide what they really are (door to door internet/phone sales) by calling themselves a consulting company. They know that naive college grads will do anything to be successful and they use that to their advantage. Don't work here.

July 17, 2020President

See earlier reply. I believe this was the same upset person. We are sorry that we have offended you. We are a company designed and run by millenials and that does make us often cater to people who are our own age. We are an equal opportunity employer and accept qualified applicants from every age, gender, race and orientation. But we are young and successful and sometimes that offends people.

"This company has a really good training program."

I have been working at Iris Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like I said above, this company is focused on expansion and in order to do that, they need to hire people who can learn sales and marketing and grow into a supervisor role pretty quickly. The on-boarding makes this extremely streamlined.

Cons

I think the entry level position gets a bad rap due to the large amount of sales knowledge you need to learn.

July 17, 2020President

Thank you! I'm proud of the training our team has been able to offer, especially post quarantine! We've been able to pivot to meet our clients needs and offer virtual training as well. Appreciate the shout out.

7. "not truthful in job description"

2.0
    Former Employee - Entry Level in Charleston, SC

I worked at Iris Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

positive work environment good training

Cons

pay not what was promised

July 17, 2020President

I apologize your pay wasn't what you expected and hope we were able to work through this on the exit interview. We are constantly fine tuning our pay structure to make sure people are valued for the work they contribute. Thanks for recognizing our work environment, definitely a perk to work with fun people.

"My Team Leader is a Rockstar"

I have been working at Iris Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not that all of the trainers here aren't great, but my trainer goes above and beyond to help me out. She helps me set goals and actually hit them. Also, the better you do, the more you make!

Cons

My biggest qualm in the early days the long hours during training.

"Good Headstart!"

I have been working at Iris Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Someone once told me that in order to be successful in business, you have to learn sales. This company took me on without any experience in that area but I've learned so much since I've started. And not just about sales either. Lots of leadership stuff and management training too.

Cons

I think the entry level position is hard for most people because its pretty sales focused. Not impossible. Just difficult.

July 17, 2020President

Absolutely. Sales is how all companies make money! Thx for the feedback, we're adjusting our training post COVID and we'll take that into consideration.

"A great opportunity to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Training Manager

I worked at Iris Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the people in the company, everyone is extremely helpful and welcoming. I had learned so much about management, training, self-development, and entrepreneurship that I am blessed to have had the chance to be here when I was in the state.

Cons

I had a great experience.

July 17, 2020President

We love our interns! Was great to have you

Found 107 reviews