Irish Pensions & Finance Reviews

1. "Horrible"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Administration in Kildare

I have been working at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros Team are nice but management are awful

Cons

Poor salary Poor management team

Continue reading
  2. "Good company to work for......."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good staff, good company ethos, well remunerated & great customers to be working with.

Cons

Most of the bases were well looked after with the package but maybe a group PHI scheme.

"Financial Advisor Position"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time

Pros

Potential to make decent money Good social events Lots of space for car parking Business expenses

Cons

Poorly priced products which undercut customers Business model is outdated Autocratic management where micromanagement is integral to how the company works. Monetary targets where senior and junior sales staff ultimately share the same monetary target Company culture is centered around fear with demotions and removals of incentives used against staff to pressure performance No HR department which means the CEO is judge, jury and executioner for everything that happens within the office.

"Joke"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Ashbourne

I have been working at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good location, that’s it really

Cons

Management complete joke, especially the partners. Negative and horrible workforce...not the advisors, the internal staff. Would give zero stars if I could. Pay an absolute joke! Don’t bother going to partners/managers regarding problems with other managers..they’re all friends, nothing will be done. Some managers are just there because they’ve been there so long..especially in admin. Some just there to spy on other employees to report back to management. All negative reviews are the same for a reason

Continue reading

"Absolutely avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - "Assistant Financial Advisor" in Clonee

I worked at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking, location was handy.

Cons

Where do I begin. From the beginning it was a nightmare, the manager of telemarketing (which was being advertised as assistant financial advisor) genuinely bullied his staff, spoke to people disgustingly and the management did not bat an eye lid at this sort of behaviour. People are completely disposable in IPF, the salary that this company offered staff for what they expected in return is laughable. The environment was a toxic one. Management would hover over your desk to watch you work and pick you apart. From the pay to the environment to the management, 100% the worst place I have ever worked and would never advise anyone to even consider working for these people. You are promised all these opportunities when you start but very quickly realise its sheer nonsense.

Continue reading

"Sell Sell Sell, even if the client doesn't need it, still sell!"

I worked at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time

Pros

Some good employees who work very hard.

Cons

The owners rule the company with fear the fear of your job and the fear of getting paid correctly. The owners and management love to micro manage and even change deadlines and payment structures on a whim.There are the golden few who can do no wrong but if your not in the inner circle well to be honest you've no chance.

Continue reading

"Grand company to work for"

Current Employee - Financial Adviser

I have been working at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you know what you're doing you're given the freedom to do what you need to do. You can work from home once you've earned the trust of a very fair management team. Some of the review's below are ridiculous. People who couldn't cut it. Support for booking diary and doing general admin provided. Support also provided to do professional exams. Great social scene as well

Cons

Not many to be honest, and none to a level that warrant a complaint.

Continue reading

"worked my way up the ranks"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Clonee

I have been working at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Started straight from college, was a telemarketer, then an associate, now managing a team of sales people. Trained me up to QFA and supported me whilst doing my MBS part time. Great captive market with public sector schemes, but also a fully independent brokerage. Client focused approach makes the job very satisfying. Great team of people working here right now, brilliant atmosphere. Earnings excellent - best in the industry. Have two young kids and the work life balance is a big plus as we don't work evenings. very supportive environment all around and I would highly recommend anyone looking for a career in financial services to jump at a chance at working here.

Cons

This industry isn't always for everyone, so if you aren't willing to work hard, have a good attitude and get stuck in it wont work out.

Continue reading
  9. "Forward thinking company"

4.0

I have been working at Irish Pensions & Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to get qualifications under your belt while gaining experience in the financial services industry. You get a unique opportunity to write your own cheque every month.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to meet all the clients we have on our books.

10. "A vibrant, exciting company to work for"

in Clonee

I have been working at Irish Pensions & Finance

Pros

Management Team is very approachable and supportive. Door is always open. The focus is always on staff members developing their career. Every employee is made feel like an important part of the team. Communication is encouraged so good working relationships can be built. Training and support in gaining qualifiations are readily available. Promotions are offered regularly, but are based on hard work and performance rather than longevity. Staff are sociable, an easy company to become inegrated into and build friendships in.

Cons

The location can be tricky as it is not served well by public transport, but there is ample free parking and if you're coming from town you will be going against the traffic!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews