Iron Mountain Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Iron Mountain Inc President & CEO William Meaney
William Meaney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-Life balance, flexibility to work from home, good culture (in 62 reviews)

• Work from home option is available (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough minority in upper management (in 36 reviews)

• Overseas customer service is bad (in 22 reviews)

"Low pay causing revolving door of new employees."

Current Employee - Transportation Coordinator
    Current Employee - Transportation Coordinator

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and local team. Safety is a focus, they work hard to maintain a safe fleet. Company provides discounted stock options and matches up to 50% of your 401k contributions.

Cons

They try to "match" pay with other transportation companies. However, Iron mountain places many more requirements on their drivers. We work as many or more hours as a UPS driver but are paid less and are held to a higher standard. They are starting CDL drivers at $16/hr. and when they get their yearly review, maybe a .25 - .30 raise.

Advice to Management

You need to take a serious look at your transportation pay range. You say there is a shortage of drivers across America which is why you can't fill open positions. The law of supply and demand would suggest that you increase wages to attract the drivers who are looking for work. Why would anyone put up with the endless rules and get paid less than they would working somewhere else?

2. "Incompetent managers"

Former Contractor - Customer Advocate in Royersford, PA
    Former Contractor - Customer Advocate in Royersford, PA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc as a contractor

Pros

9-5 setting, laid back environment

Cons

Management does not quite know how to provide the appropriate training . Training is done by shadowing other employees who are too worried about making their 42 calls for the day to actually sit and shadow you making the calls. Extreme micromanaging, lack of mentorship to new hires. You are just a number , if they can find someone else for less pay they will cut off your training and terminate you.

Advice to Management

Don't waste time on silly modules, create a training program that will benefit everyone not just those who already have customer service experience. Stop stringing the contractors along for months on end after having promised a permanent position after the 90 day mark .

"TERRIBLE company"

Former Employee - RCS in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - RCS in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They did buy supplies for the warehouse.

Cons

Does not reward hard work. Promoted unsafe work environment .
     Unethical, management was never honest with us
    I was lied to on numerous occasions including the day I was let go.
     Worked for Recall for three yrs in May 2016 was purchased by Iron Mountain. Was laid off June 2017. After our warehouse signed up to join union. Not enough to do was the reason given, only 3 employees in the warehouse. Kept one employee replaced rest with temps.

Advice to Management

Read paperwork on companies Core Values and actually try using them.

"Truck Driver"

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time

Pros

Equipment is up to date and that's it.

Cons

The pay is incredibly low for the amount of work we put in. The most difficult part is dealing with hypocritical management that has no experience in the industry at all. The benefits don't measure up to the hard work of a driver instead of rewarding the driver they pile more work on you. The raises are below average and don't equal to the performance you make on the job.

Advice to Management

Treat your drivers good. They are we're the money is at because without them there is no business.

"Run"

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None, if you're a middle aged white man, the sky is the limit. I hope someone has the courage one day to litigate this company for their discriminatory practices promoting women.

Cons

I worked for this company for 7 years. What a waste of my life. Now when I apply to anything and try to use anyone from that company as a professional reference, it's against company policy for them to give references. Also if you work here please stop letting this company talk you out of voting in favor of a union.

"Only a matter of time"

Current Employee - RCS Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - RCS Supervisor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay, Well known, Nice Uniforms

Cons

Poor Insurance considering their "purchasing power." They love to hire military and not smart military which is the problem. If they set metrics for mid-level area staff they would see how dumb and how little they are needed. I work here 8 years as a supervisor and have been refused 3x for a higher position for someone who painted vehicles in the military. I had a degree in Business Management and the new manager didnt. Click? Oh yes. I heard a manager once call it the "dumb d!*k click!" They will fall hard and soon.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on who actually works there and who really works. Your payroll has too many managers that dont show up, dont care about all the missing boxes, driver issues, and just talk all day with their buddies. Make things more personal. All procedures use a different online software or service and employees feel like they dont matter. Improve training quality. More required blah blah blah is not the answer. How about quality topics discussed routinely but not so much that the staff is overwhelmed and doesnt care.

"Under-appreciated and under-paid"

Current Employee - Preferred Client Services in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Preferred Client Services in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is always work to be done, and even if they close your department, there is a chance to get into a different department if you're willing to adapt to a new situation. Management is friendly and attempt to listen to your issues to an extent.

Cons

Management does nothing for the workers under them. The sales team does whatever they want with no repercussion (they sell "off-menu" items and expect the company to comply every time). Supervisors are glorified figure-heads. Wages and merit increases are not given in a fair manner, meaning you could work here for years and someone off of the street will come in at your level making more than you (and you'll later have to train them on how to do their job). Your concerns might as well go into one of our many shred containers, because they'll never be addressed by upper-management, who do little to nothing for you as an employee.

Advice to Management

Your workforce is constantly looking for newer jobs outside of the company. You are not addressing real issues within your own organization. If you don't fix this, one day you will lose all of your best people and your stock prices will plummet because you've outsourced all of the positions and your customers are unhappy with their service. Work more on building your company up within and then work more on expansion. A happy company with happy workers is a profitable company.

"Do not waste your time applying for a job here"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Royersford, PA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Royersford, PA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers. The co-workers were the only thing that made working here bearable.

Cons

Managers and above is very suspect in their leadership. Only look to hire favorites for leadership roles and not the people who have the experience and deserve the job. Put way to much value into the interview part and not the accomplishments of the employee when hiring for roles.

Pay is embarrassingly low for what they expect out of you and expect you to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Keep your good talent and do not push them away by not offering them the opportunities they worked hard for and deserved.

"Run far away!!"

Pros

I cannot think of any. As a former Recall employee where you were treated with respect, you will see none of that with Iron Mountain.

Cons

Pay is horrible, IM tracks your movement down to the minute all day every day. As an example, if you stop for gas in vehicle, you have exactly 4 minutes to complete the task. If not, you will hear about it. If there is road construction, you will need to write down exactly how many minutes it took you.

Advice to Management

Let employees do their jobs, lighten up!!

"Bonus Deceit and Cdl Driver Pay"

Current Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Kent, WA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits! But you might need them for physical therapy later!

Cons

They say you get a bonus in their ads on jobs sites for new drivers but no mention of it at all after I got hired.

Advice to Management

Raise Driver pay to stop high turnover rate!!!