Iron Mountain Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Iron Mountain Inc President & CEO William Meaney
William Meaney

Pros
  • Work-Life balance, flexibility to work from home, good culture (in 59 reviews)

• Work from home option is available (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough minority in upper management (in 34 reviews)

• Overseas customer service is bad (in 22 reviews)

1. "Run far away!!"

Pros

I cannot think of any. As a former Recall employee where you were treated with respect, you will see none of that with Iron Mountain.

Cons

Pay is horrible, IM tracks your movement down to the minute all day every day. As an example, if you stop for gas in vehicle, you have exactly 4 minutes to complete the task. If not, you will hear about it. If there is road construction, you will need to write down exactly how many minutes it took you.

Advice to Management

Let employees do their jobs, lighten up!!

2. "The fall from the Mountain is steep."

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Started off very much enamored with the culture, the commitment and the people. Own a tremendous amount of market share globally. Any competition is bought up.

Cons

Culture has been lost. Leadership changes every 6 months. No confidence in where the company is going, who is in charge and who is making decisions. Unless you are in sales, you really don't matter. It's all about the quarterly numbers and the street.

Advice to Management

Stop packing in upper management and killing off workers. You have (or at least HAD) some good people, let them show it. And, please, invest in some R&D, some new products and SOMETHING original.

"Bonus Deceit and Cdl Driver Pay"

Current Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Kent, WA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits! But you might need them for physical therapy later!

Cons

They say you get a bonus in their ads on jobs sites for new drivers but no mention of it at all after I got hired.

Advice to Management

Raise Driver pay to stop high turnover rate!!!

"Manager"

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Getting great business experience working with Fortune 500 customers. Training Opportunites for those who take advantage of them.

Cons

Current toxic environment because of outsourcing and no clear roadmap. Transient Customer Care department.

Advice to Management

Customers are noticing customer service is getting worse. Keep workers engaged and up to date on products.

6. "I Am Very Happy Working for Iron Mountain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time

Pros

I love my job. I will never get rich off of my current salary, but it affords me a fairly decent quality of life. My co-workers and boss and other higher-ups and out-of-market people who come here to help us out are great, and I look forward to waking up every day not knowing what I will be doing; I have had previous jobs which I found completely rote and soul-killing. I am sincerely sad that some people at other markets have not has the same experience, but we here at Louisville are doing quite more than well. If you are a dependable person, a team-player, a hard worker, and like a great work environment, I highly suggest you apply here.

Cons

Pay could be better. Just kidding--pay is on current rate for market value.

Advice to Management

DCS is a poorly coded program. Limited options, cannot full-screen, or hide useless columns to check my work. The main program is great, though!

7. "Iron Mountain"

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility. There is a culture of performance, not of imagined performance

Cons

Lack of vision. Where is the organization going? Why? How will the company keep up with the future? The organization is top heavy.

Advice to Management

Consider ways to unite people. Just because someone does not hold an important job, does not meet they should not take pride in what they do or labor in the shadow of more senior people.

8. "Changing comp plans and CEO banks!"

Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance, quarterly awards, coworkers, cafeteria, some management, good training program, get to work with customers, meet good co-workers. Not much else to say.

Cons

Sales jobs see constant metrics changes, constant comp plan changes, not open to concerns-bring one up you are labeled as "negative." Very hush hush secretive higher admin decisions, poor communication in changes, sales do their own commissions- have to fight and argue and submit upsell reports just to get paid. Metrics change to make bonus pay out nearly impossible or worth fighting for, bureaucratic, political, dog eat dog environment

Advice to Management

Stop giving employees the run around when it comes to decisions that impact them, stop saying concerns are negativity, and put more value on customers than on sell sell sell.

9. "Good to work with IM"

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay
    Flexibility
    Work Life Balance
    Take Home Salary is good
    Work-Life balance, flexibility to work from home, good culture.

Cons

No Onsite Opportunity
    Less Projects
    Need to work in a Single Project
    Some managers are biased. Additionally top leaders are not sure with long term goals/future business model.

"Pretty good place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fairly stable due to recurring base of revenue, good people, good benefits, regular but small raises, promotion opportunities are available, solid training for many roles,

Cons

Layoffs following Recall acquisition, industry is dying, lack of direction from management about future, moving from offices to cubes for director and below even where real estate is cheap, outsourcing lots of functions, very siloed, confusion over ownership of certain areas

Advice to Management

Get a strategy for the future that's more than just wringing the last bits of money out of storage. This doesn't seem like a company that will be around in 10-20 years.

"Regional Sales Director"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Tampa, FL

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

2005-2011 was a great time for Iron Mountain. Client growth and acquisition mode along with introducing several transition services to the offering.

Cons

Very political environment. Operations thought they ran sales and tried. Career opportunities were limited.

Advice to Management

Accept some advice from the field. Boston HQ rarely sought out the truth of what occurred in the field