Ironclad Technology Services Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great Company."

Current Employee - Virginia in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Virginia in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything, it is a great company that cares about you.

Cons

Work can be slow at times

2. "Great Small Veteran Owned Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the company is private there are still good benefits and compensation.

Cons

The work-life balance can be pretty bad, they want you to put in long hours often.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep doing what you are doing. Great company to work for, great compensation and benefits.

"Just OK"

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services full-time

Pros

Not overworked
    Telecommuting available
    Work not demanding

Cons

Old technology
    No chance for promotion or career growth

4. "Super happy with them as a contractor working away from the HQ as I do my job and know the support is there when needed"

Current Employee - Contractor in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Ironclad Technology Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company throws Level 100 Christmas parties with massive buffet dinner, legit appetizers, and 100% open top shelf bar. They do Christmas right! They also are known to give out random cash bonuses, especially in December...random bonuses rock! As a worker away from the HQ on a contract they are hands off, which is mostly good with very few instances where their hands off approach is a con.

Cons

To piggy back on the above hands off approach, that can be a con, but I do know at least three people in the company I can call or email for assistance and the assistance has always been top flight. As an outlier on a contract, I'm not sure there is room for growth within the company, but this is a hallmark of most contracting companies.

Advice to Management

Reach out to your contractors on a quarterly basis and give them some love. An email. A phone call. While we are "fighting the good fight", its nice to hear from the "company" on occasion.

5. "Intern"

I worked at Ironclad Technology Services part-time

Pros

Everyone at Ironclad is super nice and will to help if you ask. You can tell the owners really care about their employees and what's best for them. One thing they do is monthly lunches as a way to show their appreciation for their employees as well as to get employees who commonly telework into the office.

Cons

There's is very many cons in my perspective. The one negative thing I would say is that the office is very quiet so if you don't like working in silence you need to bring headphones.

6. "Ironclad"

Pros

good environment, good benefits, flexible schedule, focus on employees

Cons

government contracts sometimes uncertain but company tries to find other work

Advice to Management

keep up focus on employee development

"Great company from the top down"

Pros

Ironclad is employee friendly. You are treated as person, not a number. The benefits package is robust and the support staff goes above and beyond.

Cons

There is nothing negative to add.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything.

8. "They take care of their contractors"

Pros

Ironclad Technology offers excellent benefit package and good wages. Human resources and payroll personnel respond in a day or less for any questions that their contractors have. They are a positive company to work for.

Cons

None Ironclad Technology is a good company to work for.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job!

9. "Superlative company with very advanced trending in software project management."

Pros

Excellent work environment
    Great people to work with
    Very good J2EE technologists as well as analytics

Cons

The Hampton Roads weather
    Traffic (if you don't live nearby)
    There aren't really a lot of negatives to working there

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing. Success will always follow.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Kabul (Afghanistan)

Pros

Much smaller than many other defense contracting companies out there. This means excellent support. For example, have a question for HR? Get an answer within a day, even when you work in another country on the other side of the world. Co-workers from larger contractor companies are jealous of the service and communication I receive. Excellent pay and compensation.

Cons

You must be independent and self-motivated to be in this line of work. There is no one to hold your hand or coddle you. Living and working in an austere environment in a combat zone as an unarmed civilian has its challenges.

Advice to Management

I've seen too many contractors from larger competitors quit their contracts early over trivial matters that went unresolved and that led to the employees feeling unwanted and unappreciated. Keep up the small company feel, much appreciated!