Irvine Company Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

4.1
Irvine Company Chairman Donald L. Bren
Donald L. Bren
Pros
  • "Great Benefits and pay with supportive upper management(in 41 reviews)

• "They care about their employees and offer good benefits(in 38 reviews)

• Cons
  • "If you work on the apartment side unfortunately you will work weekends(in 37 reviews)

• "Upper Management basically non-existent(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 4, 2021 - Director in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with some of the best and brightest in the industry.

Cons

Constant state of flux = little to no job security.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Long Term Growth & Industry Leadership: A Company Where Talent Thrives

Apr 28, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive pay and benefits. - Company name carries weight in the industry and job market. - Big enough to grow, but small enough for stars to stand out and get recognition. - Supportive and understanding management. - Pay is good to start and gets better as you progress in your career - We are the winning team because our product is industry-leading and our business model is strong. - Even when the economy gets rough, you have more job security than at most companies due to the ownership model (private ownership can focus on a longer time horizon versus focusing on quarterly profit only) and the company's market share / successful and diversified portfolio.

Cons

- Some busy work - Very fast-paced and at times high-stress - Seemingly endless list of high company standards that are nearly impossible to meet at all times and all at once; though management tends to be understanding if you are putting in good effort and show competence at properly assessing and prioritizing business and customer needs

Continue reading
    3. 5.0

Love Where You Work

Apr 28, 2021 - Community Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Irvine Company has provided me with good pay and benefits, rent discounts, and great colleagues. I have been a part of this company for seven years and can honestly say it has been a great experience. We hire the best of the best, and I have had the opportunity to work with amazing people. The company strives to provide open communication keeping its employees informed and engaged, even through hard times and when significant changes are anticipated.

Cons

In this industry, we are always looking to make our customer's experience better. With this, you can expect to see a lot of changes in policies and processes. It is also crucial that you manage your work-life balance, as it is easy to allow work in this industry and company to cut into your time and consume you.

Continue reading
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

The Sky's the Limit with Irvine Company

Apr 26, 2021 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Irvine Company has so much to offer its employees - whether it's their outstanding training, benefits, or incredible team/leaders, you will not be disappointed. I have not only thrived with Irvine Company but I have also met lifelong friends. I truly am so thankful to work for a company that pushes me to be my best self every day AND provides the tools and resources to do so. When I first started 9 years ago, I never thought I could be at the level that I am now. I had multiple leaders and mentors that were committed to my growth. In return, I now help mentor and help others grow. The sky's the limit with this company!

Cons

Irvine Company demands the best from its employees. At times, this can make it feel like you are living to work and balancing several jobs or tasks, however, most of these experiences help shape you and allow you to grow. It's all about perspective, but if you are interested, get ready to be all in and understand that your peers and managers expect maximum effort.

5. 5.0

Love Where You Work!

Apr 24, 2021 - Service Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company will allow you to opportunity to grow within, I speak from experience! Being a female in the maintenance sector, I was afraid I would not be offered the same opportunities as others in the same position. However, the Irvine Company has always pushed for equal opportunities for all. As long as the drive and passion to succeed are there, there are plenty of opportunities to move up the ladder. If you are looking to challenge your mind every day, this is the perfect place! These challenges will push you out of your comfort zone, but they will allow you to look to the future and know that there are opportunities for promotion waiting!

Cons

There are definitely other apartment communities out there that will pay more and this can definitely make or break the deal for many.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Company with a lot of growth opportunities

Apr 28, 2021 - Community Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company- who care about their employees. Supported us 100% through all the recent Covid changes. Management always has an open door policy, company has great Core Values and celebrates employees successes. Great opportunities for individuals who want to make Property Management a career. Company has many divisions and many opportunities for advancement with all Irvine Company Divisions.

Cons

Alot of changes in policies/ procedures and computer application, however they always give us the tools and training for support

7. 5.0

A life Time Career

Apr 23, 2021 - Service Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Irvine Company has the great foundation to establish a lifetime Career. The Irvine Company offers the best training in the market with The Irvine Academy, and it will help you growth in your growth. The Company has the best funded values we live by: Above & Beyond, Ownership, Integrity, Leadership, Service, and Enduring. My last 7 years have been an amazing experience of knowledge and lover where I work.

Cons

The hiring process might take a little longer

8. 5.0

Love Where You Work

Apr 28, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since we are considered essential workers , we were fortunate to have been able to work through the entire pandemic. Employee discount on rent. Great opportunity for additional income through commissions. The company has great core values.

Cons

Constantly changing policies, procedures, and computer applications for the growth of the company. Must be open to change.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Irvine Company Is a company where you can grow

Apr 26, 2021 - Service Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Irvine Company is a company that believes in associate development. I started as a Porter and I am now a Service Manager, and the journey has been the same for many of my colleagues.

Cons

Working on weekends on the Apartment Communities side.

10. 5.0

The Irvine Company

Apr 25, 2021 - Community Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to working at The Irvine Company including the culture, the comraderie, and the compensation. Also, the company is actually concerned with your "work/ life" balance.

Cons

We hold each other accountable here so please be prepared. The good news is that we celebrate victories big and small.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 738 Reviews