Isagenix International Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Jim Coover

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • sometimes work life balance can be tough - but thats a personal thing (in 4 reviews)

• Commision based, network marketing is hard for people to get out of their brains (in 6 reviews)

"Family friendly environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, fun environment, health focused, minimum 3 weeks vacation, lots of career advancement opportunities, tremendous products with huge discounts for employees, educational support for those who wish to pursue higher education. Emphasis on benefits that families want and need. I've been there less than a year and already feel like it's my home. People are friendly and open with a real desire to help each other, our customers and the world. The company is working hard on its sustainability program - LEED certified building will soon be supported with solar panels on our parking structures. Isagenix wants to leave the world a better place in every way.

Cons

Some may find the fast paced environment intimidating. Pay is ok but company should consider more focus on bonuses for high performers. Everyone is not the same so fixes bonus and increase ranges can discourage those the company wants to keep.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be best in class. This is a company that can show the way for others.

"A work environment that makes you want to come to back every day!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the work/life balance. This is such a fast growing company that there are many opportunities for career growth. Sense of team, people look out for each other. The leadership here walks the walk and talks the talk.

Cons

With the fast growth here, the environment can seem really fast paced at times (more times than not) - if that doesn't seem like something you'd like this may not be the place for you.

"Proud to be part of this company"

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at the corporate office for a couple of years and the company just keeps getting better. My work is challenging, I continue to learn from great leaders and co-workers in my office and around the world. The pay is competitive and the benefits are very generous. Working for any growing company, there may be extra hours to put in or stressful situations to handle from time to time to get the job done. However, the company believes in working as one team and actually lives by this philosophy, which really helps knowing you've got that support. There's never a dull day, but the company values work/life balance and honestly cares about the employees and believes in making a positive world impact.

Cons

With a fast growing company, communication is key. Big steps have been made toward better communication company-wide, but there's still room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great employees, keep the culture and focus exactly where it is, and keep the growth at a healthy pace.

"Employer of Choice"

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Isagenix is a very generous employer. They provide above average benefits and continuously give back to their employees and community at large. Strong values and culture across the organization.

Cons

With the rapid company growth some processes and best practices fell sideways, but it is noticeable that leadership has identified areas of opportunity and has initiated momentum to address these areas.

"Great work experience"

Current Employee - Crystal Director in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Crystal Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commissions are uncapped, which means there is no limits to what you can achieve.

Cons

If you're have never been involved in sales you may struggle with in the beginning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. They do a wonderful job of providing with more that enough information and training to help you succeed.

6. "Amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with. There really is a strong family culture at Isagenix!

Cons

We are busy and work really hard; but that's not always a bad thing!

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication flowing!

7. "Much more than just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Isagenix depends on independent distributors to promote and sell its health and wellness products. There is a strong culture of helping others achieve their goals, and given the frequent interaction between most employees and the independent distributors, it's gratifying to interact directly with people who have lost weight, regained their purpose in life, or generated some income. There are many jobs where the employees do not have access to their customers; Isagenix is not one of them.

Isagenix is also a fun place to work, with quite a few opportunities to get out of the office and interact with other people, both employees and distributors. If you enjoy being engaged with other people--events, meetings, tours, contests, etc., you've found the right place.

Cons

Isagenix is a growing company, and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, especially to those who are not in a direct line of communication from management. For example, you might work diligently on a project that is suddenly abandoned, which can be frustrating if you are not in a direct line of communication with the person or group that made the decision to abandon the project.

Isagenix is a sales and marketing driven organization. It can be frustrating for some when their projects or ideas seem to get subordinated to any project or idea being championed by an individual or team in the sales and marketing group.

Advice to Management

Focus on what Isagenix does best and do not waste resources pursuing opportunities that might be good but are not what Isagenix does best.

"Healthy atmosphere with focus on personal growth"

Current Employee - R&D in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - R&D in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great if you're into nutrition, health and fitness
    - Plenty of positive and friendly people
    - Emphasis on professional and personal growth

Cons

- It's a tad hot in AZ in the summer, but you're allowed to wear shorts!

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on growing leaders from within long-time employees!

"Run. Run. Run."

Current Employee - Afraid of Retaliation in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Afraid of Retaliation in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International (More than 5 years)

Pros

Onsite wellness coach is great. Great building. Great holiday parties!

Cons

Company culture for the Associates that sell for the company is great. However, for the employees of the company it is a very different story. The values of the company are a joke. A few are highlighted below:

Leadership Development - I think the owners of Isagenix would love to grow leaders within their company but are most likely unaware of the trouble that is brewing within the various teams. The management currently in place (particularly within Human Resources) blocks development from occurring, halts compensation growth, fails to provide resources to grow professionally and picks favorites to excel. This is throughout the entire company.

Goal driven - I have been an employee for five years and each year continue to develop my own goals, write my own reviews, and manage myself. I continue to get positive feedback from individuals outside of my department yet no appreciation is shown within my own team. Most employees are extremely unhappy and continue to suffer due to the lack of leadership mentoring and development.

Integrity - The definition of integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. If you have any of these upstanding qualities, look elsewhere. Unethical hiring practices, to include discrimination, are just a few examples of the normal occurrences that are apparent.

If you are interested in working for this company be prepared to check your morals, compensation expectations and professional growth at the door because they will not flourish here.

Advice to Management

Keep a company culture that facilitates employee happiness because this means lower turnover and better company performance. Hire for ethics and integrity. Promote people who are qualified, honest, motivated and intelligent NOT because of office politics and personal preferences. If you are going to provide an employee handbook for all employees to abide by, please ensure that individuals at the top, and within the HR organization, follow the same rules. Different rules seem to apply based on title and/or department.

"Great company, great benefits, great culture, struggles with rapid innovation"

Current Employee - Product Development in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Development in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very comfortable job with a great work-life balance and enjoyable people
    - Very proactive in improving company culture and have quarterly company-wide meetings to help improve said culture
    - Upper management values pro-activeness and passion from their employees

Cons

- Hard to shift and convince people to take risks and focus on innovation and trying something new. But that's what you get in a huge company.
    - At the same time, important projects are rushed and the short timelines make it impossible to patch the cracks. A small problem ends up being a big opne due to a tight timeline.

Advice to Management

Plan like you were launching things a year later