Isagenix International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 16, 2019

3.5
Travis Ogden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Management is fair and understanding of my work/life balance" (in 16 reviews)

• "Great Benefits package including" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "sometimes work life balance can be tough - but thats a personal thing" (in 5 reviews)

• "I was a leader in another network marketing company for 8 years" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Pure Integrity"

Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best products, Best customer service!

Cons

I truly can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

2. "Great place"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working to become the best company

Cons

Working to improve organization. Need to be bold.

Advice to Management

Take action

"Great company and products. Need more competitive wages"

Current Employee - IT Staff in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Products are great, benefits are great, lots of great people

Cons

Not much accountability, limited career growth opportunities. Some managers need to go. Employee 1:1's and skip levels are non existent within my group.

Advice to Management

Seek candid feedback from workers via skip level or double skip level meetings

"great company culture"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Isagenix International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great collaboration with field and internal organizations

Cons

lots of red tape and favoritism

Advice to Management

hire only qualified candidates or any management positions should be posted internally before internal promotions are finalized to give everyone in the company a fair opportunity to apply

"Backward and Compromised Values"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits (insurance, 401K, etc.), salaries are fair for the area.

Cons

Distributors/Associates are given lucrative confidential/special contracts for little to no work while corporate staff is laid off when company revenue and profits decrease.

Friends and family of owners (and owners' son's friends) are protected from lay offs and frequently promoted ahead of others.

Owner brags about taking months off of work to complete a Harvard leadership program while everyone at corporate is working hard to drive company initiatives . What other employees are allowed to take off for weeks or months at a time and still be oblivious to that privilege?

Negative messages are sugar coated to seem positive (ie "we have exciting news - we are closing our cafeteria!").

Advice to Management

Place accountability where it belongs: VP and C-Suite. Stop hand holding and be direct with employees. Leave the pep rally stuff for the associate events.

Feb 23, 2019 – Isagenix Representative

Dear Isagenix Employee,
    It is unfortunate to hear that you are unhappy and your experience at Isagenix is not in keeping with our goal of being a best place to work—we hope to change that... More

"Things Have Changed...."

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office building is nice, Gilbert location is favorable for most employees, discount on products is great (the products themselves are great quality)

Cons

The person who wrote the "Do not stand by their values" review is 100% spot on. This company used to be great, but I have removed my previous review expressing my joy of working here. Some managers are great and belong where they are...but most of them have no business being in a leadership role. I get the impression that the better management is afraid to voice legitimate concerns any more, because people tend to just be let go when they say something the executive team doesn't like. I understand heirarchy, but the fact is Isgaenix has a lot of business owners making technical decisions they are totally unqualified for. They dont understand enough about their own projects to make informed decisions and it shows. Business owners and upper management insist projects be completed, regardless of reasonable timelines or the advice of employees as to whether or not it's a good idea. The business side constantly wants software changes but they refuse to take the smallest steps toward understanding the software development lifecycle...like knowing our development cadence for example. We frequently rush to get someones random idea into production immediately, and have to constantly be reactive to those poor decisions. It makes it very difficult to be proactive and make decisions that are well-thought-out and beneficial to the company. It's such a shame because this company used to be very self-aware and management seemed much better. Now it just feels like a sinking ship...

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who actually does the work at the company and support those employees. Get more feedback from employees about the leadership and project managers and take the feedback seriously. Stop giving leadership roles to persons who are grossly unfit for the position (like for example the senior manager who spent 30 minutes explaining how WhatsApp works and how enticing cute badges are at a presentation that was intended to give us insight into a new technology we are integrating with....it was laughable). Stop relying so heavily on contractors to do work that could be completed by the employees (employees who actually care about the long-haul and aren't just interested in throwing something together that will appear to work until their next contract starts and they are out the door). Stop allowing business owners to soak up every moment of time on features that add very little to our business...instead, take a hard look at what you really want for the company and devote the resources needed to get it done right.

Jan 29, 2019 – Director Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review and advice. We appreciate the feedback. We’d love the opportunity to resolve any concerns as they arise. Please feel free to our Isagenix HR team at... More

"Promising company sabotaged by poor leadership."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Isagenix International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and great location.

Cons

Poor leadership from the c-suite. Products are too expensive.

"Do not stand by their values"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Isagenix International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WAS a great company to work for

Cons

It seemed that once Isagenix grew, leadership forgot who helped them build the company. They talk about values of integrity, family, and leadership development but they are just lip service. The leadership in place now does not know what integrity is, there is so much inequality in promoting employees, unless you're a best friend of the owners son don't expect to be promoted. People who perform two, three jobs without any pay increase are not valued. Individuals with no management experience are put in supervisory positions and then because of complaints instead of dealing with the issues they move entire teams back and forth. There is no true collaboration to deal with issues. Departments work in silos and decisions are made by a small selective few and those that have no experience. Rather than utilizing the experience that they have on their staff they chose to continue to feed those that have proven time and time again that they are inexperienced leaders and others are left cleaning up their messes while the leadership blindly praises and promotes these individuals.

Good luck if you are looking for a career path or professional development. HR is a joke and inexperienced managers that have no idea of how to develop their staff are left to try to 'figure it out'. Reviews are a joke and in most cases you write your own and your manager just signs it to get it done. HR has no set pay grades so you blindly apply to other positions without knowing whether you are making the right decision for growth.

Advice to Management

Treat your employers with the values you claim you have. Instead of promoting 1-2 employees 3 times within 1 year why not promote the people that are actually doing the job of 2-3 people. Instead they get a laughable 2-3% annual increase for the 80% of the work they did.

Jan 15, 2019 – Director Corporate Communications

Dear Former Isagenix Employee, It is our intention to create a comfortable, supportive, and engaging environment for all employees, so we are concerned to hear that your experience at Isagenix is not... More

"There are better places to work"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative

I worked at Isagenix International full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, some good supervisors

Cons

Low pay, popularity contest, poor management, trust no one

Advice to Management

No advice...they never listen anyway

Jan 29, 2019 – Director Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate both the positive and negative feedback. We’d love the opportunity to learn more to help us identify areas for improvement here at Isagenix. If... More

"Job Love"

I have been working at Isagenix International full-time

Pros

I'm challenged, my growth has been very compelling, and I truly feel the culture and atmosphere here is unlike any other.

Cons

A bit of incongruent leadership.

Advice to Management

Find talent within - there is plenty of it!

Jan 29, 2019 – Director Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback and are glad your experience has been positive overall! Please feel free to email EmployeeRelations@isagenixcorp.com
    if... More