Isilon, A Division of EMC Product Support Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Bill Richter

"Just starting"

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Isilon, A Division of EMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Starting Salary for someone with little experience. Opportunities to gain experience and progress within the company.

Cons

I have not found any cons thus far.

Isilon, A Division of EMC2013-04-01

"Under-staffed, high stress, not a female-friendly environment."

Former Employee - Product Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Isilon, A Division of EMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The technology is fascinating. Clean, versatile and easy to use. Exciting to learn.

Cons

The department was so high-stress and under-staffed that many people were literally sick. Depression was clear to see, high frustration and tempers as well. Of a team of maybe 40 were 2 women in technical positions. It was frustrating to see young men that were hired after them make leaps above, because management did not seem to see them in the position they were hired to do. Overall, good people in a poor situation. I feel for those them. I hope that things have improved.

Continue reading
    Isilon, A Division of EMC2014-08-04

"A great place to work with an exceptional product."

Product Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Isilon, A Division of EMC

Pros

Before being acquired by EMC, Isilon firmly positioned itself as a leader in Gartners Magic Quadrant. Now, the Isilon Storage Division is a solid component of the EMC organization. Working with Isilon storage clusters will give you immense technical knowledge that is almost impossible to find elsewhere. Isilon has many experienced engineers that will share their knowledge with you at any moment. I have rarely worked with a more intelligent group of people.

Cons

Some support systems are fragmented and minimally integrated. Limited documentation makes the support engineers job difficult at times. The rapid growth of the division right now does not lend time to the development of internal support tools. Sometimes it is a struggle to find accurate and approved solutions for customers.

Continue reading