Isle of Capri Casinos Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Isle of Capri Casinos CEO Virginia McDowell
Virginia McDowell

Pros
  • Great place to work, very employee friendly and supportive of work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Really good benefits for full time employees (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are a lot of good managers that upper management are going to run off if they continue how they are doing business (in 8 reviews)

• Used to have and excellent work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Not bad"

I have been working at Isle of Capri Casinos full-time

Pros

Good for students to start career

Cons

Stressful environment and very noisy

Advice to Management

Relax work demands, increase pay.

2. "No longer a company that cares for its employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Isle of Capri Casinos (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a supervisor role on the casino floor for 3 years in Blackhawk, CO. This allowed for much freedom to move around, thus I saw and interacted with lots of fellow employees and guests alike.
    Most casino floor co-workers were awesome. They were down-to-earth and we had real interactions and conversations.
    During promotions and giveaways, we had so much fun. The only way I can describe it is, it was getting paid to party with the guests.

Cons

The corporate culture at this property was very stiff and rigid, meaning that they were selective on the employees that they would greet and talk with. Casino employees were lucky if we saw upper management on the casino floor during the week.
    There was no incentive to work on holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, etc.), it was just expected. There was no holiday party. I mean, at least give out something to thank the employees for their dedication, devotion, and time away from family for the holidays.

Advice to Management

At one point during my time there, management had set up questionnaires for the employees inquiring why the company was loosing SO many workers. People were quitting in hordes.
    My advice would be to treat employees better and to give something back to them once in a while. It doesn't have to be the bank, but could be a small gesture like: gift cards, tickets to a show, etc.

3. "Fab"

I have been working at Isle of Capri Casinos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the hospitality industry

Cons

Not fulfilling my dream .no growth

Advice to Management

Equal treatment is important

5. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Banquet Server in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Banquet Server in Waterloo, IA

Pros

Great coworkers who truly care about making the guests and visitors happy. Very team oriented.

Cons

Long hours, but the coworkers make it enjoyable.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "they fire people illegally - don't work here"

Former Employee - SURVEILLANCE SHIFT SUPERVISOR in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - SURVEILLANCE SHIFT SUPERVISOR in Omaha, NE

I worked at Isle of Capri Casinos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

hired me as a supervisor

Cons

they find incorrect reasons to fire people that aren't true. For me personally, they had me arrested at work for something that I didn't do. This was done in retribution for me taking time off, which was covered under FMLA laws. I took them to court and won the case.

Advice to Management

stop firing people illegally!

7. "Great place to work..."

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Isle of Capri Casinos (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, benefits package is decent, they're very flexible when it comes to work life balance which is rare for casinos, great reputation amongst its guests and patrons.

Cons

There needs to be more food choices for employees with 30 minute breaks. We literally can't leave but if you have any kind of dietary restrictions you're basically out of luck when it comes to the EDR. Also, serve food during all shifts. Denying people access to hot food because of their schedule is not fair.

Advice to Management

Something has to be done about the difference in compensation when compared to local competitors. The other casinos in the Lake Charles area pay way more for the same positions.

8. "Okay place for entry level word"

Pros

-Benefits.
    -bonus program
    -people
    -middle management

good place for starting position, but does not pay well.

Cons

-weekend/holiday hours
    -pto
    -upper management

management treats people as numbers, not actual people

9. "Casino Maintenance Management"

I have been working at Isle of Capri Casinos full-time

Pros

Nice working conditions with music and guests having fun. Coworkers are friendly and professional the benefit package is outstanding, and include nice quarterly bonuses.

Cons

This Casino operates 24x7 which presents a lot of challenges for support services like Maintenance and Housekeeping. It's hard to find adequate help to cover all the shifts and turnover in housekeeping is constant. All holidays are mandatory work days and weekend are busiest and hard to get off.

Advice to Management

Management needs to make sure they are on the floor helping to handle employees who are overwhelmed when the Casino is busy. They need to make sure the great employees feel appreciated and move the unmotivated ones out.

10. "Good Benefits, Poor Management"

Pros

Good benefits including insurance and PTO. Large enough organization. Customers are mostly nice to work with. I am not sure there's much else I could say.

Cons

Poor Management, Poor Training, Poor work life balance, Very limited opportunities for advancement. Severe nepotism with a ton of corporate interference-makes it difficult to daily job.

Advice to Management

Invest in a company culture that truly supports and values the employees and you'll have a loyal workforce that doesn't leave the company in perpetual lurch because of the turn over. Additionally hire competent HR that mediates between both manager and employee rather than just siding with management.

"Top notch outfit!"

Pros

Excellent company! I love working here. Top notch outfit. Exceptional corporate culture and morale. I have found most Management to be professional, educated and highly qualified, organized and methodical, with clearly communicated expectations. Mid-level management seems sincerely concerned about the well-being and life balance of its employees. Many management professionals stay up to date on current trends and are leaders in their respective professional organizations. The opportunities to move up are very motivational. The PTO plan is also a good motivator, a little better than average for the industry, but the same as all of Black Hawk. Outstanding 401k plan with consistently generous annual contributions. The pay is average for Black Hawk, but the 401k plan is the single greatest reason for my financial satisfaction with this particular company.

Cons

Pay is average. Would prefer more than four paid holidays per year.

Advice to Management

See Cons