Istonish Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Annette Quintana

1. "A resident contractor's perspective"

Current Employee - Resident Contractor in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Resident Contractor in Boulder, CO

Pros

As a resident contractor at Ball Aerospace, I've been with Istonish since March and have never been to company headquarters in Greenwood Village. Istonish has served my needs for my job and I have no complaints. Once enrolled as an Istonish employee and after learning the time card entry processes, everything has run smoothly and without problems.

Cons

The enrollment process to become an Istonish employee was cumbersome, with a lot of time, a lot of submittals and a lot of steps required. I would think this process could be simplified. The Istonish timecard entry process is a bit obscure, but once learned is straightforward.

"Good Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Istonish full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Istonish was a fun place to work at with an engaged staff. Often, work involved wearing 4 or 5 hats and every day was a different experience with opportunities to learn and try new ideas.

Cons

Istonish does not pay as well as other companies and has problems associated with smaller companies attempting to grow. They have not formalized many of their internal processes so it can be unstructured. Also, their business model is not the most stable or tenable.

Advice to Management

Diversify your clientele, cutting internal development is not wise for the long term.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Pros

Found me a great contractor position, and super competitive benefits

Cons

I haven't had any issues since working with Istonish.

Advice to Management

Roxanne Brock, Trent Shahan and John LaMere have all been amazing to work with!

5. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time

Pros

I can't say enough good things about my experience working for Istonish. I have been provided a competitive wage and an opportunity to grow in my career. Everyone I work with has a good work ethic and seems to enjoy the work that they do.

Cons

Because it's a smaller organization, opportunities for advancement do not present themselves very often.

Advice to Management

Continually look for opportunities to grow and provide advancement and training opportunities to your team(s).

6. "Lack of growth opportunities"

Former Employee - TPV AGENT in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - TPV AGENT in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Istonish (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a well being club for all employees time to time.

Cons

Low wage for agents, upper management is underqualified and uneducated plus they have poor communication with lower rank employees. You get promoted if you're a friend or they can use you to look herself good. They will give the best schedule to their favorites and they retaliate giving you less hours or worse work hours during holidays. They always claim to not have enough agents but fire employees on a whim!!! No effort to retain reliable and responsible employees rather the ones with inappropriate behavior have seniority, full time status is a huge issue and a co-worker's envy can affect your job security pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Get some education.

Istonish Response

Nov 28, 2016

In our call center we are proud of our agent retention rate and the tenure of our high performing agents - both of which are above industry averages. We value employees for their individual ... More

"Istonish, Inc."

Current Employee - Third Party Verification in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Third Party Verification in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small, intimate company environment
    Extremely nice office space
    Competitive pay
    Wonderful coworkers, mostly wonderful executive team
    Time for external projects/studying

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement.
    Recent (~2-3 months) TPV manager does not understand the TPV process whatsoever, and has undermined the entire point (remaining unbiased) on multiple occasions.
    Said manager is often unprofessional and non-communicative.

Advice to Management

Do the opposite of what is outlined above.

"Worst career move I've ever made."

Former Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Istonish full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In spite of the culture, and their reputation, they have managed to get some good people in the organization. Those people do care about their customers and they work hard to do what they can with the limited resources that are available to them.

Cons

They have a shared leadership model with little to no continuity between the two owners of the company. The overriding management philosophy is based on mistrust and micromanagement. Turn over is high. Moral is low. The company has relied on providing low tech, niche services to a small and shrinking customer base. They market themselves as being a relevant and credible IT services company, but in reality are primarily engaged in providing the same third party verification services and staffing services they've been known for since they started.

They also have a history of urging their managers to encourage employees to post good reviews on this site early in their employment. I, unfortunately, participated in that practice during my brief time with the company, and have regretted it since. There will likely be one or more bogus reviews posted within a few days of this post, as they actively manage the overall review rating of this site by following up any bad reviews with 4 and 5 star reviews as soon as they see a bad review.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and get a real exec team in place, or sell the company while it's still worth something.

Istonish Response

Oct 18, 2013 – VP Marketing

It is a priority at Istonish to hire great people that are committed to excellence in service. While this goal is at the top of mind, there are times when there is not a good mutual fit. In ... More

"A fun place to work that can provide some good opportunities."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Istonish make the company. They make it a fun and enjoyable place to work, and there are some really talented and stellar people that work here. Istonish tries hard to keep their employees happy and reward those who work hard and put forth a good effort. In many areas of the business, the experience that Istonish can provide can be invaluable for gaining a foothold in the tech industry. The small business feel of the company helps to make you feel more like a family.

Cons

The workload can be pretty hefty at times. The downside of a small company is that you have to wear many hats, and you also have to pick up a lot of slack from coworkers who don't try as hard. In fact, sometimes I'm hindered because I feel like if I don't do things myself, they won't get done right. This does not foster a good atmosphere of teamwork and can place a heavier load on some folks.

Advice to Management

My advice is to limit micromanagement. Each line of business has its rockstars - the people who get stuff done. Loosen the reigns on them and let them manage themselves so that they can do what they do best, in the best interests of the company. Also, please continue to empower and encourage sales staff. Do not underestimate their value, but push them to go out and do their jobs.

10. "tpv"

Current Employee - Tpv Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tpv Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really like working for Istonish. I feel that the company allows me to work at my full potential. I feel that I have a great job.

Cons

I dont have any negative comments.

11. "Good Benefits and HR staff."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Istonish full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and flexible schedules.

Cons

Manager lacks professionalism and working knowledge of department and/or company.

Advice to Management

Provide training and or support to re-train under-qualified. A team is a direct reflection of its mgr.