It's Just Lunch Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Melissa Brown

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can control the amount of money you make depending on the time you put in! You can run your job like it is your own business in terms of contacts and work ethic.

Cons

You do work with a script and there are certain ways of doing things. Must make lots and lots of calls. All of this is fine for me, however if you are NOT a self starter and like to do "your own thing" this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Everything is great. There are weekly trainings and all of the staff and management really is out there to make sure you are successful!! Nothing negative to say.

It's Just Lunch2016-10-04

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Environment, paid training, great management!

Cons

Pay is a little low...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

It's Just Lunch2016-08-01

"Awesome Work Environment!"

Current Employee - It's Just Lunch Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love this job! It's the first place I've actually liked working at in quite some time. It's a great place for those that have lots of customer service experience to get into more of an office environment rather than call center. We're all one big family here at IJL and I couldn't ask for a better place to work!

Cons

Organization is key to being successful in your roles at IJL. If you can manage that, you'll do great!

It's Just Lunch2015-06-29

"You will never make money working here-it's their business model."

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work from home. No micro management. You can say whatever you want to clients.

Cons

You make minimum wage & commission. (The commission structure ensures if you sell a $2800 or $4500 plan, you will only make $25 or $45. They limit your leads so you don't earn commission.) IJL gives the same 5 people all of the leads & hires unsuspecting people who work their butts off for minimum wage. It's a total scam. Another con is having to listen to the squeaky IJL voices & fake attitudes of management.

Advice to Management

Even your senior reps have figured out your business model. You better figure out something quick before the whole company goes out of business!

It's Just Lunch2015-06-15

"I love the positive energy and support I receive from the company. The fact that we get the opportunity to work with peo"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to change peoples lives in a positive and lasting way

Cons

Not being able to bring on some of the people that contact us due to geographical location or age

It's Just Lunch2013-12-10

"Love my job! This is one of the most positive work environments I've ever worked in. I can see myself here long term!"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers are amazing, always lifting my up, and clients are so fun to work with. Houston Franchise management is innovative and makes sure the office has amazing culture!

Cons

Sometimes the client's schedules can be difficult to work with, but that's our specialty to handle.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with new ideas and fresh culture!

It's Just Lunch2013-12-10
  7. "Not the best place to work"

Former Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting conversation starter when asked "What do you do?" Some of your co-workers (except Monday - Wednesday). Learning the art of manipulation "bending the truth" from the pros. The fascinating lies as to why another person no longer works in the establishment. Telling the clients some more fascinating lies as to why so-so is no longer working there. Learning that everyone will eventually leave to...

Cons

Having to defend getting a college degree to work in this insane asylum. Watching the high turnover rate at work. Being underpaid, and hearing the same lies over and over again. Caring about your work and watching your efforts get stomped on.

Advice to Management

It's 2012, not 1950. Corporate needs to step in when franchise owners or "directors who've been there 10+" start running a muck! Costumer satisfaction is important. Coordinators are not verbal punching bags! For all that they do, they deserve a decent paycheck and common courtesy and a lil respect to say the least.

It's Just Lunch2012-10-28

"It was not a very good experience from the beginning, but I tried to stick with it."

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

I think it's great to be a part of someone's personal life and a lot of fun to know that you are making a difference in some people's lives.

Cons

I was hired on via phone. Conference call training, which I had to take from my cell phone because they didn't have an office for me until the following week, which I felt was unprofessional. After that, I get my office after the 4th of July, they sent all my supplies minus a phone. So the first two days I was unable to do ANYTHING because my phone was attached to my internet, it was a voice over phone that connected...

Advice to Management

I think that you should possibly have a better way of following up with your employees or at least a coaching process. I've worked in sales for 10 years and the thing that bothers me is that there was never a "hey, we need to hit this by this time or else you're going to be fired"

It's Just Lunch2011-07-18

"Fun, Interesting Job! (Dating Coordinator)"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Really light hearted and interesting position; client relations, coordinating dates; awesome work environment, fun team!

Cons

The pay could be higher/more competitive

It's Just Lunch2016-04-29

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Great Company to work for! Downtown Office! Great Team Atmosphere! Get to make matches that turn into relationships/marriages! - Very rewarding. Great bonus structure. Compensation is at par with Industry Standard. An all around fun and rewarding place to work!

Cons

Dealing with clients emotions can be stressful, but it is always rewarding to get people on the right track and meeting their future soul mates!! The right personality can strive and build a very successful career at IJL.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing on more clients through recruitment and advertising - The bigger the client base the more matches and successful relationships we can make :)!

It's Just Lunch2016-03-14