It's Just Lunch Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Pros
  • Can work from home, flexible hours, excellent training program (in 34 reviews)

• The work environment, the success stories and the hard work put in (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Old leads, terrible pay, it's more like debt collection than actual sales (in 14 reviews)

• Also, the commission structure was terrible (in 7 reviews)

"Amazing management, organization, and fulfilling place to work!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin? I thoroughly enjoy working at IJL! Not only is it an amazing work environment where I feel celebrated and appreciated. It's also a fulfilling position helping others find love and happiness! Organizationally you couldn't ask for better individuals; never have I worked at a place where not only my immediate management is proactive in my success, but also those at the VP and Executive levels. I truly feel as though I am a member of a team not only concerned with their own personal success but also that of the clients we serve. There is room for growth here; both professionally and personally and at the end of each day I feel emotionally gratified having helped my clients take a proactive step towards bettering their lives by finding meaningful companionship.

Cons

As with any position, the occasional client can become emotionally exhausting. Being in the dating/relationship industry, we get to know our members on a deep personal level and there are those who can take an emotional toll on you. It's all made better knowing that you ARE helping them live better, more satisfying lives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's amazing being a part of a team where management is so passionately involved in helping you succeed.

2. "Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a really fun environment and the earning potential is amazing! The mangers are very helpful and supportive and I have been able to enjoy great work life balance.

Cons

This is a commission sales position and with that, sometimes I experience highs and lows with my paycheck.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I do not have any complaints.

3. "Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great place to work, great work life balance. Opportunity to make great money and the team is very supportive of our success.

Cons

It is a commission sales job so the paycheck can sometimes fluctuate

Advice to Management

Stay flexible with employees because it inspires us to work hard.

"be careful accepting a position from this company"

Former Employee - Matchmaker/Dating Specialist/Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Matchmaker/Dating Specialist/Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

training pay is $14.00 an hour

Cons

I went through a whole week of training to be a dating specialist doing sales for them. Work from home position so the whole training was done over the phone in conference calls. There was around 20 other new hires on the calls in the same training. Red flag #1, how is company ALWAYS hiring and how are they hiring that many people at once all of the time/. To make a long story short I was let go 5 minutes after the training ended that friday with the excuse the it wouldn't work out in the long run. I know I wasn't the only on e let go. It is a cattle call. They resin you for a week, leading you on to believe that you have a secure position with the company and then pull the rug out from under you at the end of training if they want to. I would not waist your time. They have horrible reviews EVERYWHERE! DO your research. I did and ignored the horrible reviews and all it got me was a whole week of time that I will never get back! Jerks!

Advice to Management

Please be honest to people. It would had been acceptable if I was told that if after training I wasn't what you were looking for I would be let go. Instead you choose to lead people on. It's not right and it's bad business.

"Excellent employer and they truly are #1 in matching quality, professional singles!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's Just Lunch offers an excellent work environment. The team of trainers, managers, support staff etc are absolutely wonderful! I've worked in Corporate America since 1986 and they truly do stand out among the very best. This is the most incredible career move I have ever made and I am thrilled to have this opportunity to affiliate myself with them.

Our clients are top notch and we really do match busy professionals with other busy professionals that have the characteristics, hobbies, interests and core values/morals they seek in a mate. Did I say the support staff and management were amazing? Yes, what I like is that the managers and support staff all started at ground level. They are energetic, inspiring and encouraging.

Feedback, positive encouragement and a very tight knit team is hard to find these days in a faced paced, growing organization. It does NOT lack here at It's Just Lunch. I am truly impressed!! Never been happier!

As far as income... well, they offer uncapped commissions and its up to you how much you can make! Excellent income potential, while having a great time getting to know amazing people and changing their single lives to a life of happiness and love!!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything. Equipment is all state of the art, IT Support Staff is on top of everything and I have not one complaint. Administrative staff is helpful, friendly and always there.

Advice to Management

My advice is this... KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! TOP NOTCH!!! I tell everyone I talk to what an amazing career I have here and I'm always trying to recruit when I meet someone that I feel would be a great addition to the staff.

"This is honestly the best job I have ever had. I change lives for the better, daily!!!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am able to utilize my Master's Degree in Counseling to help others change their lives. It's incredibly rewarding and uplifting to talk with people about dating and finding love. It's Just Lunch is a progressive company that allows me to be myself, earn an incredible income and help promote happiness. I am so grateful to work with such positive, upbeat, forward thinking individuals who want to truly make a difference in people'slives. Thank you IJL.

Cons

I cannot think of one negative thing about working with It's Just Lunch. They are a professional group of individuals who truly want to help others find love. It doesn't get any better than this!