It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
It's Just Lunch CEO Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Its a positive work environment with amazing co workers" (in 18 reviews)

• "Work life balance is important to my success and I have that working here" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "New hires are given old leads to call and it is literally up to the luck of timing as to whether or not you will get a join" (in 16 reviews)

• "As a person just starting with the company I have no cons" (in 9 reviews)

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, supportive, weekly training, and compensated well

Cons

5-10 year old leads, where interest may have expired

Advice to Management

More incentives towards international compensation. battling accents, and language barriers there comes a bit more of a challenge closing these leads. I am someone who does a good job with it, but am often not compensated as well.

2. "Awful"

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

None. Was awful, demanding and tiring.

Cons

Everything. They knock your pay down almost immediately. What they are selling isn’t true. I felt bad everything I got someone to spend $4500 to join! I was scamming people

3. "Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people find love is always super rewarding and I have success stories coming across my desk all the time!

Cons

Making an emotional sale about dating is sometimes challenging.

Advice to Management

We have a fantastic management team who is always there to support us and assist us in being successful

"IJL Midwest Review"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am coming up on my second year working with IJL and it has been an overall positive experience. I enjoy working with women who are passionate about what they do and show up to make a difference in people's lives. I work out of the IJL Midwest headquarters and around the executive staff. I have never been apart of a company where the leadership team shows up for their employees when life gets hard or to celebrate their employees when life is good. As an employee I do feel seen and valued. The workday is never boring and it is fun to see when clients find success and to know that we are apart of that.There are different opportunities for monthly bonuses, so it pays off to work hard. There are also little things that make employees feel valued like getting lunch provided after working hard and meeting company goals or coming into work and finding spring flowers on my desk. It really is the little things that can make a difference.

Cons

We can't take the dating out of dating. Dating is not always a warm and cozy experience, but it is a process and the journey looks different for everyone.

May 15, 2018 – CEO

We are so appreciative of your hard work and thank you for your feedback; it's gratifying to hear that you love being part of our team!

5. "Rewarding and Exciting"

Current Employee - Matchmaker - Elite in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Matchmaker - Elite in Denver, CO

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Every day is different which makes it exciting! The people that we work with are incredible (both clients and colleagues), and everyone truly cares about the clients' success. Not many people can say that they love their job, but I get to talk about dating and love all day... what could be more fun and rewarding than that?!
    -The office space is beautiful and comfortable (and filled with all the success stories which keep me inspired!)
    -Upper management is deeply invested (financially and emotionally), in individual success and provides all the available resources to hit personal and professional goals.
    -The company offers fun incentives (trips, spa days, etc).
    -There is a fantastic internal support system and we consider one another family. Everyone enjoys working together and helping one another. I know I can reach out to a co-worker for help at any time if I need it.
    -We work REALLY hard but we can still find time to laugh and smile.
    -Never a dull moment, fast-paced, and stimulating
    -Upper management values our input and it shows.

Cons

I haven't found many that are specific to this job. It's hard work. It's challenging. But it's work... so it should be. I'd be bored if it weren't challenging!

Advice to Management

Keep the high touch approach with the employees as we continue to grow. It sets IJL apart.

"If you love helping others and aren’t lazy you’ll love this job."

Current Employee - Matchmaker in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Matchmaker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s extremely rewarding to be a part of something that is so life changing for others. If you’re willing to work hard and believe that love makes a difference then IJL Midwest is truly a great place to work. It’s empowering to be able to connect others while reaching your own goals. The leadership team provides a resource that makes such a difference for both clients and employees. Always growing and sharing the benefits like 401 K match and insurance. I feel that my opinion matters and that I’m not just another number like at so many large corporations. Many additional rewards and benefits...

Cons

The most difficult part about this industry is not being able to make everyone happy. Some people are negative, or don’t have realistic expectations. It’s really challenging to know that you could make a positive impact but those changes need to be embraced.

Advice to Management

Less duplicate paperwork! Save a tree!

May 15, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we are so thrilled to have you on the IJL team! We value the passion and dedication of all of our Matchmakers and Client Advisors and appreciate that you... More

"Director"

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Some of the employees are nice.

Cons

EVERYTHING! This whole company is a scam. They want you to sell relationships to people by saying "We have 3 people in mind for you right now"....when we have no one in mind for you, and have to randomly grab files to try and pitch them to you. They say they have "So many people joining, and we are SO busy"...not busy. Most of the day you're cold calling old clients, and asking if they are still single...and if they are married, we keep calling "because they could be lying or it could end".

May 10, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for providing your comments. Although we cannot determine which office you worked at, we would like to clarify a few facts. It’s Just Lunch only accepts clients it believes it can... More

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I actually get to help people find someone special. The pay is great. Management is very employee friendly as to time off for appointments. Feedback and training consistent. If your manager is unavailable, another is always on hand to assist immediately. Even if you have a great sales background, be ready to learn. This position is not like other "sales" roles. It requires empathy, understanding and a true interest in helping the client.

Cons

It sometimes feels like there are not enough hours in a day. Organization is key!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I feel appreciated and supported!

May 10, 2018 – CEO

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to hear you feel you have a team of leadership support. We strive to insure our employees are supported so they can be... More

"Good Culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, and team culture. Great tenure and longevity seen with Executive Staff at the Corporate Office and good career outlook for growth.

Cons

Location: the traffic is packed on the east side of Hallandale, but the Corporate Business Office is moving to a beautiful new location in West Miramar. Can't Wait!

Advice to Management

Let's keep the momentum of growth going!

10. "High Volume of Calls"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive Training, Nice office, Lots of coaching.

Cons

Ownership changed and Commission percentages reduced.

May 10, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the review. I am not sure what location you worked at, but all IJL offices are very competitive in their compensation plans.