KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
It's Just Lunch CEO Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Ongoing training and support is received DAILY from this company.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Amazing management, we work as a team, hardwork pays off, great support system, IJL keeps up with the times from advertising to what people are really looking for to making it truly happen for both parties.(in 24 reviews)
  • "It's Just Lunch really appreciates their employees and offers an excellent work environment.(in 13 reviews)
  • "It's a relaxed environment and the benefits are great(in 11 reviews)
  • "The pay is great.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "Managers take the best leads which is infuriating.(in 7 reviews)
  • "They clearly don't value their employees who do produce because they don't have enough leads to go around to keep everyone making money.(in 6 reviews)
  • "There's base and commission for this job, sometimes it would be nice to have a higher base but when months are good, commission makes up for it.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Well, our current (Nationwide) training class has 20+ people and thus far, two weeks in, only three people have made a single sale.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Blatant favoritism is shown.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of It's Just Lunch and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Company

Jun 28, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

IJL is a great place to work! They have monthly zoom meetings that lets all employees know what is happening and giving credit for a good job done. I like that employees don't hesitiate to help each other out.

Cons

Annual pay raises for a good job would be welcome.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working at IJL. Our monthly Company Kickoff call with the employees is always so exciting, and we love keeping everyone up to date and hearing feedback! Thank you again for being part of the IJL Team.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Salary is ok

Aug 26, 2022 - Dating Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

You don't have to find your own leads.

Cons

Low base pay. If you don't hit comission you could really be in the weeds financially.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fulfilling job, lack of support, morally conflicting at times

Jul 27, 2022 - Client Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, uncapped bonus potential on top of salary, rewarding to work with clients and gain rapport, rewarding to help create loving relationships for clients

Cons

Required to contact clients on failed payments, payments required for "hold time" which is inactive dating. The company feels more money motivated than love motivated.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you found it rewarding to help create loving relationships through It’s Just Lunch. At IJL we have an open-door policy and encourage all team members to reach out to their managers for assistance when needed, and we are always looking for dedicated, customer service driven individuals to join our team. We appreciate your review and your time helping our clients!

4. 4.0

Work Hark/Win Big

Jun 30, 2022 - Dating Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you put in a lot of work and time, you can do very well. They train you from the start and then continue training so you can always improve. Management is positive. Many have been there a long time and work hard along side you. Dallas manager is especially excellent.

Cons

There is a lot of turn over. It’s a lot of pressure. To really do well and make the bonuses, you have to add in at least one weekend day typically so you can end up feeling like it’s non stop on the phone.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you find the training to be helpful and find our management team to be a positive group! While our Dating Specialists may work weekends for extra sales opportunities, we highly encourage a work life balance and not exceeding regularly scheduled working hours. We appreciate your time with IJL and thank you again for your feedback.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Career Path

Jun 21, 2022 - Administration in Palm Desert, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was fortunate enough to join It's Just Lunch many years ago as a part-time employee. I never expected the career path and room for advancement I have achieved over the years. I have grown both professionally and personally and am happy to find myself in a culture that fosters growth, diversity, creativity and success.

Cons

None that I can think of.

It's Just Lunch Response

At IJL we take pride in being transparent and always conducting business in an ethical manner. We make our employment experience a top priority and it is unfortunate that this was not your experience. We would appreciate hearing more about your feedback to better understand the areas of opportunity. Please email HumanResources@IJLCorp.com as we would appreciate learning more about your experience.

6. 2.0

Toxic

Aug 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, fast paced environment

Cons

Such a hustle work culture

7. 3.0

Not a bad gig

Jul 26, 2022 - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

typical work day 9-6 making 100+ outbound calls per day and interviewing leads

Cons

Initial hourly salary is good and their commission plan is decent as long as you hit quota. If you do not, you will not make a livable wage

It's Just Lunch Response

At IJL we strive to be an employer of choice and are continuously looking to improve on our employee experience. Our compensation structures are market competitive, and all representatives are trained on how to maximize their earnings potential. We truly appreciate your feedback and appreciate your time spent with IJL!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away

Jul 24, 2022 - Executive Matchmaker
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only positive thing about this company was the people I met working there, who also all quit asap

Cons

Horrible management, tell you to lie; they do not care about helping people find love. They care about making money. Lead you on saying you will get trained as a life coach.. lie. Stay as far away as you can

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and would like to clarify that at IJL we do not tolerate dishonesty and all IJL employees receive continuous training and coaching so they can provide an honest and positive client experience. We pride ourselves on integrity and transparency, so it is unfortunate that your experience was perceived as anything less than that. We are always looking to improve our employment experience so your feedback on your experience is valued.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Work For

May 3, 2022 - Client Experience Manager in Miramar, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good leadership that really cares - Great colleagues - Team like atmosphere - Room for growth

Cons

- An emotional industry - Pay could be more competitive - Better benefits

2 people found this review helpful

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your review. We strive to maintain a positive and inclusive team environment, so it is very rewarding to see that present in your feedback. We have market competitive compensation structures for all roles at IJL and are always seeking ways to encourage growth amongst all of our team members. Thank you again and we are so happy to have you as part of the team!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Job review

Jun 2, 2022 - Recruiter/Matchmaker
    Business Outlook

Pros

IJL has great culture and core values!!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of a con at this time.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 332 Reviews

It's Just Lunch Reviews FAQs

It's Just Lunch has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 337 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at It's Just Lunch to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, It's Just Lunch employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at It's Just Lunch. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

70% of It's Just Lunch employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated It's Just Lunch 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at It's Just Lunch to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with It's Just Lunch Job Seekers