KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 321 of over 325 reviews

3.3
It's Just Lunch CEO Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown
Pros
  • "Can work from home, flexible hours, excellent training program(in 34 reviews)

• "This is dating, and can be a little bit of a roller coaster, but when you hear your clients success story it makes coming to work worth it(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Tough to hit commission with selling dating during covid(in 35 reviews)

• "Most of the old leads have bad numbers and emails but they keep rotating them around to different reps so it looks like you have more leads then you do(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

If you want to Love what you do, work for IJL!

Aug 2, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Pace Flexible Learning and growth opportunities Great Team Great culture

Cons

You have to be equipped to handle emotional stress from clients

2. 4.0

Interesting Career

Oct 7, 2021 - Executive Matchmaker
      Business Outlook

Pros

The job is always interesting. There's never a boring day. When you're able to match a couple it's the most rewarding feeling ever! Great job for someone just had a school or trying to start their career

Cons

Can get overwhelming sometimes because your drug-dealing different things at the same time

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review! Dating is an emotional experience for our clients and we are so glad to hear you enjoy Matchmaking as much as we do! The role does involve some multitasking skills, but our talented Matchmakers rise to the occasion every day! Happy to have you as part of the team.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

If your good at people.. you’ll be good at IJL

Sep 8, 2021 - Dating Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money potential is great! Great training, and the freedom to be yourself while following scripting and Q&A

Cons

Just like any dales jobs leads can be dated, old, and you get told no a lot. It’s a long conversation before a buying question. I’ve often been on the phone w/ someone for over an hour only to find out they have no money.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are glad to hear you found the training helpful and agree, personable individuals excel in our sales roles!

4. 4.0

Great Manager

Sep 8, 2021 - Dating Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work feedback from the manager (Lisa).

Cons

Not enough room to grow.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your review! We have a competitive and rewarding pay structure for our Dating Specialist and are always seeking ways to encourage growth amongst all of our team members at IJL.

5. 5.0

UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY

Jul 27, 2021 - Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun upbeat atmosphere Motivational leadership Great pay Potential growth Never a dull moment

Cons

Dealing with emotions and from clients. Employees are spread out across the country.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review! Dating is an emotional experience for our clients and we are passionate in our commitment to their dating lives. We are glad to hear you enjoy it as much as we do! Happy to have you as part of the team.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work-life balance

Aug 4, 2021 - Matchmaker
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can choose your own hours, which is helpful for work-life balance, however, the pay was not enough to live.

Cons

Your work-life balance, the team members are not happy with the support a huge turnover, however, the pay was not enough to live.

It's Just Lunch Response

This individual could not have been employed with It’s Just Lunch, so this comment may be posted here mistakenly. However, we will respond to the remarks to avoid any confusion. We want to clarify that all of our Matchmakers are full-time employees and are given set schedules at the time they are offered the role. Our Matchmakers do not make their own hours. At IJL we offer a competitive hourly rate along with many incentives to make bonuses and monetary rewards for performance. Additionally, all employees are aware of the pay structure prior to accepting the position

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Dishonest going through multiple lawsuits.

Aug 16, 2021 - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

None at all. I was miserable there.

Cons

This company is a scam. Wants you to work 9 hours a day, bring the company 30000.00 a week just to make 12 to 15 an hr with very little commissions. Heather is dishonest and prejudice. Google the company and their lawsuits. Steer far away unless you want to end up a slave or worse, in prison.

1 person found this review helpful

It's Just Lunch Response

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. However, we would like to provide clarification as your review is not a true representation of employment with the company. Employees are scheduled to work a regular full-time schedule, and our sales team members receive competitive compensation packages for performance. We provide our employees with ongoing training and support and are committed to providing all employees with equal opportunities to achieve success. Finally, IJL does not tolerate dishonesty or discrimination by any of our employees. It is unfortunate that this is your perception of the company as we strive to cultivate a positive and motivating environment that inspires our team to continue changing our clients’ lives, as we have over the past 30 years.

8. 1.0

Intregrity doesnt exist

Aug 9, 2021 - Executive Matchmaker in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rewarding career field, helping people, changing lives

Cons

no growth, over worked constantly, underpaid, no raises or performance reviews, sales driven company only, over promises under delivers, no loyal to good employees, quality of dates/matches doesnt matter, high client count, high turnover

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your feedback. At IJL we offer a competitive hourly rate along with many incentives to make bonuses and monetary rewards for performance. We always strive to build a positive culture that is motivating and encouraging for all of our employees. Our matchmakers are here to guide our clients along their dating journeys. Our matchmakers hand-select each match with the goal of creating positive connections for our clients. Matchmaking is not simply a job at IJL, it is our passion and the passion of our matchmakers.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you love the grind, this is the job for you!

Jul 17, 2021 - Sales Representative in Valrico, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is very attractive for the state. If you can close deals, you can make a great living. Salary plus commission means you can count on something every month but you can still bank on commission. Their on boarding program is pretty good, they give you plenty of time and practice before they get you started.

Cons

They provide leads, but the quality is hit or miss. Tons of dead and bad leads to weed through. Generating your own leads is frowned upon due to confidentiality. You will be expected to work late hours, especially on Fridays, and schedule is really not flexible at all. Quite a bit of micromanagement, don’t expect to have any autonomy at all for years to come. Service department has issues with following up on and fulfilling the sales, so expect to get complaints.

It's Just Lunch Response

Thank you for your feedback! At IJL we truly focus on ensuring our new hires receive proper, informative and motivating onboarding, so we are glad that was part of your experience. The leads you receive are from various sources in which potential clients have shown interest in our services. While our Sales Managers work closely with the dating specialists to ensure that they receive guidance when needed, they also give their team members room to let their own personalities guide them to success. Our matchmaking team is committed to delivering the highest standards of customer service to provide a successful, fun, and productive dating experience to our clients. Feedback is always valued so we truly appreciate your review!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company for self starters!

May 5, 2021 - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to be successful if you put in the work. The management is supportive and the team is a very positive group.

Cons

There is a learning curve to get started but if you put in the time and effort it pays off.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 321 Reviews