It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
It's Just Lunch CEO Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Its a positive work environment with amazing co workers" (in 19 reviews)

• "Work life balance is important to my success and I have that working here" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "New hires are given old leads to call and it is literally up to the luck of timing as to whether or not you will get a join" (in 17 reviews)

• "As a person just starting with the company I have no cons" (in 9 reviews)

"Executive Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's Just Lunch is not only a great place to work but we are doing great work for our Clients!! It's Just Lunch is a fun atmosphere that offers incentives, fun activities, and bonuses all for coming in every day and doing your job. Who doesn't love that? The company culture is one of integrity and excellence and being and the same is expected from the employees. Management and Support staff are available to help any employee that wants to succeed and works hard do so! In Short, I LOVE IJL and you will too!

Cons

The industry is emotionally driven, so you have to know how to handle emotions, stress and not take things personally.

"ludicrously outdated"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

compensation is fair, some of the management is truly amazing

Cons

the technology that this company insists on using is the bane of my existence. their proprietary CRM is a complete mess, laggy, reloads your screen and loses your information you inputted, logs you out randomly. there's so so so so so many times a day when I spend time doing something that I know could be automated with the proper technology.
    things fall through the cracks so often here too, your customer service team is the absolute worst. I have to take time out of my day, multiple times, to handle customer service complaints off the info line because no one will get back to them from customer service.

Advice to Management

MODERNIZE. ENTER THIS CENTURY. this place is a revolving door of employees. we say we're growing and expanding, but why? the employees you already have are not working to their full potential because you give them windows 2003. literally. invest in your employees and they will be able to produce SO much more for you! bring in some outside tech consultants, see where we can streamline our processes and stop wasting so much time. work SMARTER not harder. and your employees work their butts off for you.

"High energy work environment"

Current Employee - Dating Speciaist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Dating Speciaist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

competitive, high energy, positive, intelligent management, schedule, office culture, benefits, employee recognition

Cons

bonus structure is hard to obtain consistently

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet some interesting and successful people via IJL's clients.

Cons

Poor pay, the sales pitch isn't at all what is going on behind the scenes. It can feel so hopeful at first to help people find a match for themselves, and these people shell out a lot of money to do so, but ultimately, you're at the mercy of the franchise owner, or whomever is handling the matches who may or may not actually listen to what the client wants.

"Dating Specialist"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive , mostly happy work environment ! I’m a very positive and upbeat person and I always make the best of everything and all situations . I love helping people find solutions and love .. so this was a great fit for me ! I was excited to excel at this job .

Cons

It’s hard to go negative , rather I simply inform and tell it as I experienced it to try and help others with realistic expectations.
    I was disappointed with the “old leads” that were provided , as I felt the salary that the company offered , although very adequate , was “dangled as a carrot “ and not quite attainable . I called at least 100 leads a day and no one ever answered . When they did , they were not interested as asked to be removed from the list . Some of the leads went back to 2008 .. in fact and that seemed to make it quite difficult to earn the proposed salary , which was more than motivating ! CRM was also inefficient . Salesforce is a much better tool for overall success .
    I consider myself talented in sales and more importantly , in helping others . Unfortunately , there were no “fresh “ leads and no one for me to help . Very disappointed ...
    And a word to Mgt. ... I don’t think we need to be micro managed or babysat ... most of us have the ability to exceed expectations . Let us be responsible , hard working and diligent and we will surely shine !

Advice to Management

Don’t micromanage seasoned and experienced /proven successful workers /employees . It takes us down ...

6. "Dating specialist"

Pros

Good money,flexable,good money,good money,good money

Cons

Horrible management,does not invest in emoloyees, treat you as a number

"Take the good with the bad"

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Potential to help people
    Excellent base salary
    Supportive management
    Extensive initial training
    Weekly continued training

Cons

Currently very poor commission structure. I would
    rather the commission payouts be smaller but actually get paid out per sale, not starting once you’ve hit goal.

There’s already been two reviews written which are both extremely accurate, titled “first and foremost” and “read the yelp reviews & believe them.”

Melissa, or someone at least claiming to be Melissa, the CEO, responded to the latter review claiming “many inaccuracies,” citing specifically the company’s DNC policy. This is a LIE. leads requesting DNC are marked as such in the CRM, but they are absolutely not removed and their contact info is readily available to all the reps. In fact, I personally have seen leads that have been called multiple times in a row, each time requesting DNC.

The CRM is also an absolute mess. It’s slow, glitchy, not intuitive, and is ancient. It also does not remove anything from the system automatically. Someone has to go through by hand and remove DNCs, bad numbers, etc, but they never do.

Advice to Management

Join the 21st century and invest in salesforce.com with some drip campaign automation add ons. It would increase your workforce productivity by ten fold. It’s actually absurd how old and unhelpful your technology is. Instead of opening office after office and hiring a revolving door of sales reps, invest in the ones you already have and give us the tools to succeed.

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, supportive, weekly training, and compensated well

Cons

5-10 year old leads, where interest may have expired

Advice to Management

More incentives towards international compensation. battling accents, and language barriers there comes a bit more of a challenge closing these leads. I am someone who does a good job with it, but am often not compensated as well.

"Awful"

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

None. Was awful, demanding and tiring.

Cons

Everything. They knock your pay down almost immediately. What they are selling isn’t true. I felt bad everything I got someone to spend $4500 to join! I was scamming people

"IJL Midwest Review"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am coming up on my second year working with IJL and it has been an overall positive experience. I enjoy working with women who are passionate about what they do and show up to make a difference in people's lives. I work out of the IJL Midwest headquarters and around the executive staff. I have never been apart of a company where the leadership team shows up for their employees when life gets hard or to celebrate their employees when life is good. As an employee I do feel seen and valued. The workday is never boring and it is fun to see when clients find success and to know that we are apart of that.There are different opportunities for monthly bonuses, so it pays off to work hard. There are also little things that make employees feel valued like getting lunch provided after working hard and meeting company goals or coming into work and finding spring flowers on my desk. It really is the little things that can make a difference.

Cons

We can't take the dating out of dating. Dating is not always a warm and cozy experience, but it is a process and the journey looks different for everyone.

It's Just Lunch Response

May 15, 2018 – CEO

We are so appreciative of your hard work and thank you for your feedback; it's gratifying to hear that you love being part of our team!