It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 262 reviews

3.4
It's Just Lunch CEO Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown
Pros
  • "Can work from home, flexible hours, excellent training program(in 34 reviews)

• "Management is extremely knowledgeable and they thrive on helping each Dating Specialist succeed(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "We say that the matchmakers interview your matches before presenting a date(in 21 reviews)

• "New hires are given old leads to call and it is literally up to the luck of timing as to whether or not you will get a join(in 17 reviews)

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Toledo, OH

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comfortable work environment, awesome pay, great support, Great co-workers, awesome contests, unique job, I love being a part of finding people love and happiness

Cons

After a few months they will reduce pay and increase commission (this could be good or bad, but makes employees responsible for earning that paycheck), remote work but still have to drive to an office. Also it's a very tough sale and can be frustrating, but if you love a challenge like myself this is a non-issue.

Advice to Management

Allow all employees to work from home if they prefer, this reduces overhead and increases employee flexibility.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-23

September 16, 2019CEO

Your insight is appreciated. We’re so glad to know that you do enjoy the overall team dynamics fostered from co-workers, management support and helping our clients find that special someone! We appreciate you!

2. "I LOVE working at It's Just Lunch!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being an Executive Matchmaker with It's Just Lunch is my favorite job I have ever had! I love coming to work and I have the best boss ever! Our Vice President is amazing! She is so motivating and great to work for! The environment is great and very enjoyable!

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

I love it here!

It's Just Lunch2019-08-22
  3. "It’s all a scam"

Former Employee - Sale Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office space in a upscale building

Cons

It’s all a scam, the customers are lead to believe that they will find love or that we do the best job to find it. Absolutely not! Most markets don’t have any woman or a slim number so with that said where do their dates come from? Hmmm maybe “paid daters”? The memberships are thousands of dollars so to be ripped off for thousands at a time I couldn’t keep doing it it was immoral to the max!

Advice to Management

The entire setup is a scam pretty much so you should really reevaluate EVERYTHING!

It's Just Lunch2019-09-11

September 16, 2019CEO

The statements above are false, except that we have a nice office environment. While we appreciate feedback from previous employees, we believe this post is not from anyone formerly employed by IJL. Nevertheless, we will provide comments to ensure correct information is posted. IJL ...

4. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's Just Lunch is an outstanding company to work for generous sales incentives, lots of support and you get the ability to sell something you can really believe in and change peoples lives.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind- I truly love what I do. I left the company to travel the world and even came back when I didn't need to work because I missed working with our amazing clients.

Advice to Management

We always love the sales support and great incentives.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-05
  5. "There Is A Reason IJL Is #1 Around The World!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

After being a successful business owner for 20+ years, I elected to sell my firm and jump into an "Employee Position." I honestly never thought I would find a company where I would fit so perfectly! Unlike most large organizations. the Management and Executives teams at It's Just Lunch truly care about their employees and clients. They consistently reach out to their employees for feedback and implement the... suggestions into the day to day practices throughout the company. IJL respects a work life balance and makes sure that the employees are well compensated for the work they do. Not only do they offer a competitive salary but they provide multiple opportunities for weekly and monthly bonuses based on the quality of your business and your customer satisfaction. At IJL you will find: Friendly & Supportive Team Atmosphere Multiple Growth Opportunities Respect for Clients and Employees Alike Great Compensation and Benefits And A Work Life Balance Others Would Be Jealous Of!

Cons

The only con for me personally, is the inability to work from home. But honestly, this is an unfair con for IJL, as I elected to work out of an office that is conveniently located near my home. I love the we are in a beautiful office right in the heart of Ft. Worth. The company also provides covered parking with a safe connection straight into the building.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I have truly enjoyed our weekly meetings and am grateful to have an executive and management team that honestly cares about keeping the employees and clients happy.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-05

"Ask a lot of a lot of specific questions before you start!"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked my co workers, it was fun in the beginning. Talking to different clients about their love life.

Cons

Managers cherry pick the best leads. Very disheartening when management is taking leads and then there isn’t a lot for the sales reps. You start with a 50k base but then they expect you to go to minimum wage plus commission without any guarantee on leads. The Facebook and instagram leads are horrible, that’s why managers reassign them to other people and only take the best leads.

Advice to Management

Stop having your managers selling. There are very limited new leads, why do you let the managers cherry pick? If a manager wants to sell, don’t manage but having them do both is an unfair advantage and doesn’t encourage others it is actually deflating when managers brag about their sales. If managers want to sell have them strictly rdas and renewals. On the weekends when managers should be passing leads to other... reps they keep the best fit themselves, my manager made a joke about it being a “perk” of management. I think it is disgusting and one of the main reasons I chose to leave the company.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-12

"Don't Work Here"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

My immediate coworkers were very supportive and helpful throughout my time at IJL. I have nothing negative to say about them, just about the company and it's poor values.

Cons

The other reviews are correct, IJL is a scam. They have found a way to take advantage of a vulnerable population, people who are desperate to find love, and suck as much money out of them as possible. Each day I felt like my integrity was being compromised, as I had to convince clients who paid an insane amount of money to go out with people who were outside of their parameters, just so IJL could fulfill their... obligation of giving clients one date per month. Listening to the sales team do their pitch to potential clients made me sick to my stomach, because I knew that what they were promising was not reality. I know that management will respond to this post with some b.s. about how they're helping people find love, but this was the worst job I've ever had and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If you enjoy lying, scheming, and acting with complete disregard to other human's feelings, this is the perfect job for you.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-28

September 16, 2019CEO

We appreciate your feedback on your very limited time with the company. We wish you the best in finding a career that’s a better fit for you.

8. "Match maker"

Former Employee - Enrollment and Match Specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Clientele not being patient

It's Just Lunch2019-08-02

"Do not waste your time working at this fraudulent corrupt company"

Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch

Pros

Loved my co-workers and the environment was upbeat

Cons

Run as fast as you can unless you want to be part of the lie that IJL is. All day is about dealing with clients that are rightfully upset at the lack of service provided. They will most likely have more matchmakers than actual matches as an IJL member. If you want to get yelled at all day by abusive clients only to be told to put up with it by management then this job is for you. Clients want refunds and threaten to... sue more often than not, and they will never get their money back because “we can still service them”. There is NO time limit as to when the dates guaranteed are supposed to be fulfilled. Most clients are on the “recruitment list” which means that there are zero current matches for them. They will remain on this list indefinitely. Matchmakers are constantly quitting because of treatment by dissatisfied clients and because of lack of support by management. You are set up to fail because there really aren’t enough matches for clients. IJL has such a bad reputation that working there will affect your own. Stay away from this disaster of a company that is currently being sued. Do some research before even agreeing to an interview.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage. This place is a revolving door and employees quit managers, not jobs. They are quitting YOU!

It's Just Lunch2019-08-10

"IJL is more like a glorified pimp"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Management sucks and the company won't have a chance.

Advice to Management

Make sure you hire pretty women who have no brains so that they can pimp their way to what...a life of misery.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-08