It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
It's Just Lunch CEO Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown
  1. Featured Review

"I LOVE working at It's Just Lunch!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being an Executive Matchmaker with It's Just Lunch is my favorite job I have ever had! I love coming to work and I have the best boss ever! Our Vice President is amazing! She is so motivating and great to work for! The environment is great and very enjoyable!

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

I love it here!

It's Just Lunch2019-08-22
  2. "Dream Career"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Maumee, OH

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

First and foremost, how can you not love a career that brings joy to someone’s life??!! Great pay, benefits, paid time off earned, paid days off for contests, ongoing training, recognition for a job well done, coworkers who really work together and keep positivity flowing. Management who put you first when health and family come into play.

Cons

Haven’t had one as of yet.

Advice to Management

No advice but, thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this family.

It's Just Lunch2019-10-03
  3. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Toledo, OH

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comfortable work environment, awesome pay, great support, Great co-workers, awesome contests, unique job, I love being a part of finding people love and happiness

Cons

After a few months they will reduce pay and increase commission (this could be good or bad, but makes employees responsible for earning that paycheck), remote work but still have to drive to an office. Also it's a very tough sale and can be frustrating, but if you love a challenge like myself this is a non-issue.

Advice to Management

Allow all employees to work from home if they prefer, this reduces overhead and increases employee flexibility.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-23

September 16, 2019CEO

Your insight is appreciated. We’re so glad to know that you do enjoy the overall team dynamics fostered from co-workers, management support and helping our clients find that special someone! We appreciate you!

4. "There Is A Reason IJL Is #1 Around The World!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

After being a successful business owner for 20+ years, I elected to sell my firm and jump into an "Employee Position." I honestly never thought I would find a company where I would fit so perfectly! Unlike most large organizations. the Management and Executives teams at It's Just Lunch truly care about their employees and clients. They consistently reach out to their employees for feedback and implement the... suggestions into the day to day practices throughout the company. IJL respects a work life balance and makes sure that the employees are well compensated for the work they do. Not only do they offer a competitive salary but they provide multiple opportunities for weekly and monthly bonuses based on the quality of your business and your customer satisfaction. At IJL you will find: Friendly & Supportive Team Atmosphere Multiple Growth Opportunities Respect for Clients and Employees Alike Great Compensation and Benefits And A Work Life Balance Others Would Be Jealous Of!

Cons

The only con for me personally, is the inability to work from home. But honestly, this is an unfair con for IJL, as I elected to work out of an office that is conveniently located near my home. I love the we are in a beautiful office right in the heart of Ft. Worth. The company also provides covered parking with a safe connection straight into the building.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I have truly enjoyed our weekly meetings and am grateful to have an executive and management team that honestly cares about keeping the employees and clients happy.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-05
  5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's Just Lunch is an outstanding company to work for generous sales incentives, lots of support and you get the ability to sell something you can really believe in and change peoples lives.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind- I truly love what I do. I left the company to travel the world and even came back when I didn't need to work because I missed working with our amazing clients.

Advice to Management

We always love the sales support and great incentives.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-05

"Best Career Move"

Current Employee - Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training provided is second to none, the support I receive from my VP and the leadership is refreshing and the comradery amongst my team is uplifting and I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Cons

I had to get use to the cubicle and not being able to be in front of my customers, but the company is definitely evolving in those areas and I am excited for the future.

Advice to Management

Keep doing up the good work, we are headed in the right direction.

It's Just Lunch2019-05-13

July 29, 2019CEO

That’s the idea, we love to hear that we’re doing great to build a team-oriented environment and know that we’re going to get EVEN better as our Matchmaking team continues to expand with great talent. So glad to hear that you love to come to work, the feeling is mutual.

"Fun Experience!"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in White Marsh, MD

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hiring process was a pleasure. Excellent support for training. Great leadership. Positive environment. Helps to be proactive and ask many questions.

Cons

Price is an issue with many potential clients. However, what they're doing hasn't worked. This is not casual dating, it's productive dating... The service is invaluable. Helping people become more productive in dating is

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work! Everyone I spoke with was incredibly helpful, the people I interacted with were a pleasure and Julie Y. is awesome (If you get the chance to speak with/work with her, learn all you can!) Thank you, for everything.

It's Just Lunch2019-04-14

May 2, 2019CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Your definition of Productive Dating is SPOT ON. Our many success stories via new marriages, long term relationships, and blended families originate from great first dates. We provide an invaluable service to our clients and we appreciate the effort you put into helping us reach these goals!

"Love it!"

Current Employee - International Dating Specialist in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love what I do, constantly impressed by the professionalism of who I have the pleasure to work for and report to. The ongoing training is the best of any sales position I have ever had . I love the culture, and knowing that I am appreciated for my contributions is HUGE! I can say that we all thrive in the genuine team spirit that our leader has cultivated in the office I work in. Who wouldn't enjoy feeling ... the geniune team spririt of knowing that the others are happy for me when I do well and they actually laugh at my attempt at humor using goofy cartoons and different movie shots to celebrate their successes? How great is that?

Cons

I would love to see the technology improve. From the telephone connections all the way down to the software we use .

Advice to Management

Thank you for having me. I have never enjoyed a job more than what I do at IJL. Its challenging, can be stressful but its more fun than anything else I could imagine. Can you imagine this? At my lunch hour i go through the database to check up on some of the folks that i invited to the service to start dating. I get so excited when i see that they put themselves on hold for that potential special someone.

It's Just Lunch2019-03-13

May 2, 2019CEO

Wow, thanks for such amazing feedback. Our Palm Desert office is in fact a GREAT team. From Management down to each of our Matchmakers, we foster a supportive team environment and we are happy to hear your appreciation for such a great culture. Thank you for your 3 years of service, and here’s to many more!!

"Professional Matchmaking Service"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's Just Lunch has such a professional environment and they have a rigorous training process that really prepares you to be a successful in Matchmaking! I've worked in the Dating Industry prior and IJL, not only has a great compensation structure, but the on-going support and coaching you receive is a huge benefit, as well!

Cons

The only downside for me in particular, is that hubs have limited positions for you to advance to. So, if you want to move up, in some cases, you have to relocate. I plan on growing within the company when the time is right, but I would need to be prepared to relocate- which I'd be open to! I just wished their were more opportunities locally for growth. Other than that, I love everything about IJL!

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the good candidates within the company, so the tenure can continue to increase!

It's Just Lunch2019-03-07

"I Love my job, I love being apart of something so Great and Unique!"

Current Employee - Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love my Management team: If I have any concerns I know I can go to the right person and get the right answer, and get help. Culture: Everyone is friendly, easy-going, welcoming, and friendly. Room for growth: If you do the job right, you will be acknowledged for it, and there is lots of room to grow and make money! Good work flow: I love that I have a full work load and I am helping my clients find their special... someone!

Cons

Clients aren't always as happy as you would think- its a very emotional process.

Advice to Management

Allow overtime for the workload. Also a better structure, there is not many people in the world who can multi task and be able to do all the things that are being asked of Coordinators and Matchmakers all at the same time, its very tedious work that people need to dot their i's and cross their t's and realistically most people are not capable of doing this, leaving people to quit. Maybe, focusing on people... strengths and building a new structure for the Process from start to beginning could make things run smoother for both Clients and Employees.

It's Just Lunch2018-12-13