It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
It's Just Lunch President Melissa Brown
Melissa Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment, the success stories and the hard work put in (in 17 reviews)

• Work life balance is important to my success and I have that working here (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Old leads, terrible pay, it's more like debt collection than actual sales (in 14 reviews)

• Unless you're okay with just making minimum wage this position will not be your ideal source of income (in 7 reviews)

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I love the location of my office, it's very easy to get to. My co-workers are amazing and my boss is helpful to me too. I find this job to be challenging, yet very rewarding when my clients fall in love because of me!

Cons

Sometimes, clients can be unrealistic and too demanding. I never promise them that they are going to fall in love or meet their soulmate, but some people still expect this. Some people can also expect to date models when they are just average, so that can be a bit frustrating.

Advice to Management

I've been here over 2 years and I'm very happy.

"It's Just Lunch has provided me the opportunity to provide opportunity! To the employees I love and to the client's that"

Current Employee - Owner in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Owner in San Diego, CA

Pros

Never boring! Busy and fast paced. Allows creativity. Be a part of someone's personal life and maybe be responsible for finding them love. The girls at IJL that stay a long time are passionate, fun and courageous. Teaches alot of poise and life skills

Cons

Not for the clock watcher that doesn't want to make a difference. Must have a positive attitude as emotions can run high in matchmaking. Must be a self starter as our onsight management is minimal. Everyone works hard.

"This is the only job I ever want, I have found my home,The Best Job Ever!!!."

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Make a profound difference in people's lives, flexible hours, supportive Management team. It's fun, policy driven, professional. I love it.

Cons

Sometimes people can get emotional about dating and have unrealistic expectations. You have to be tough and must stay positive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your support, faith, excitement, ongoing training, inspires me to be the best. Thank you.

"This is honestly the best job I have ever had. I change lives for the better, daily!!!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am able to utilize my Master's Degree in Counseling to help others change their lives. It's incredibly rewarding and uplifting to talk with people about dating and finding love. It's Just Lunch is a progressive company that allows me to be myself, earn an incredible income and help promote happiness. I am so grateful to work with such positive, upbeat, forward thinking individuals who want to truly make a difference in people'slives. Thank you IJL.

Cons

I cannot think of one negative thing about working with It's Just Lunch. They are a professional group of individuals who truly want to help others find love. It doesn't get any better than this!

"Fulfilling Career, both Professionally and Personally"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping other find love and companionship is so rewarding. I love the flexible work schedule, independent work space / office, motivational management and coworkers. I especially love that everyone supports one another at IJL, regardless of their position. I believe in surrounding myself with positive people and with IJL I have found a work family that helps be the best I can be.

Cons

This is a very self-motivated job, there is support but no one will do the job for you - this is a Pro for me, but may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Management is wonderful, there is transparency and good communication, weekly training. Management provides support and constructive criticism in a refreshingly positive way!

"One of the most amazingly motivating companies in sales today!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Asheville, NC

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

commission structure is awesome, the lead generation system and amount of data is huge so it keeps you working, the power behind the company, and the motivation the management team gives to us as employees is so positive it helps keep things strong and moving forward

Cons

It's sales so you have to always be at the top of your game so the most can come of your week.

"You will do well if you're self motivated ....I've done it!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Palm Desert, CA
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 5 years and done quite well. If I didn't make six figures this year, I was close enough to it. You will do well too if you are self motivated, really looking to make a change in someone's life, and you're eager to make your commission. I love the fact that I do make a change in people's lives and I've been here long enough to actually see the success stories! There are some tremendous results that come of our service. There's longevity here.....I'm a testament of that. You just have to come in with a positive can-do attitude, connect with people on a personal level, and get them to commit to what they really want to do anyway....which is get out there dating!

Cons

It is sales....you have to work. I don't necessarily look at that as a con, however....it's just merely an expectation. It's realistic. You have to work in order to get where you want to be each month in terms of your numbers.

"Amazing Journey"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I must say, It's just Lunch has the utmost incredible team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
    I have spent years in building and training teams and they have THE BEST hand down!!!..
    Training, ongoing communication, contest, motivation, positive imput to se you suceed.

Cons

I have not seen one.

Advice to Management

Training is so important

"It's Just Lunch Houston Office"

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Uplifting, positive, motivated staff makes the days go by quickly and make work seem like fun! We get to change lives for many people, so it's great to have those karma points and get to call it a job. The new management of of this office is very supportive and I know that I can always rely on them for assistance.

Cons

Sometimes it's tough to make the clients realize what's best for them, but it comes with the territory....dating can be tough and is a sensitive aspect of people's lives.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to a long future with the team!

"LOVE MY JOB!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love each and every day helping others find love. I love the management and all the positivity. Constant training and constant "good work". Makes it a joy to come to work each day. Great benefits.

Cons

Long days sometimes when not alot of joins