It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work from Home Office, you get to speak to and help all different types of people (in 35 reviews)

• The work environment, the success stories and the hard work put in (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Old leads, terrible pay, it's more like debt collection than actual sales (in 14 reviews)

• Also, the commission structure was terrible (in 7 reviews)

"Dating Coordinator"

Current Employee - Dating Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

I really enjoy with working with IJL! Its a positive work environment with amazing co workers. Every one here takes pride in what they do. Management is the best ! They are understanding and motivating.

Cons

Just like anywhere else it gets overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You guys make it so much easier to come to work..

Jan 24, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your post and sharing your positive experiences with IJL!

"Love "working" here."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with It's Just Lunch over six years and nothing is better than knowing you're helping to change lives . Hearing success stories, meeting success stories, and knowing that you're a part of something so important it's the best feeling to have in any career! It's Just Lunch has also change my life giving me the opportunity to excel at something I believe in and focus on my own personal success . It doesn't feel like a "job" even when it's a lot of work its fun, rewarding, and interesting everyday.

Cons

Sales can be difficult ,this particular sale can be emotional and tough to conquer right away. It takes work and patience just like any other job when you're just getting started. So many times in the sales position you have to constantly motivate and remind yourself of why you're passionate and why you're here. I don't see this as a con.

Advice to Management

I am lucky to work with the best CEO who has more experience and passion to trickle down to the entire company. She and the managers in the sales department all have the strongest belief and passion for their team and clients I can't think of any advice to give other than to stay focused on that!

Jan 19, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing your story; it's amazing to hear that you find working for IJL so rewarding. You're right, sales can be difficult and it certainly takes the right kind of person. We'll ... More

"Carnage- not even worth the star I was required to click"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros. If you have an ounce of dignity or respect for humans you will NOT attempt to sell them the lies that IJL has to offer.

Cons

The entire company sets you up to fail as an employee and as a client. The bottom line is always about money. The company will lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. This means to the clients directly and to the employees directly.

Advice to Management

Micro-managing gets no one anywhere. Each of you say something completely different each time you speak. None of you follow the actual procedures because you say it depends on the client...no, it depends on how much money you can get from them. It's awful. I really don't know how you sleep at night.

Jan 25, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are sorry that you do not feel your experience was positive. It’s Just lunch has over 25 years of successfully matching clients and ... More

"A lot of work for little pay"

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great way of helping people find one another. great co workers

Cons

I ended up giving more of my time then I was hired for. suppose to work 9-6pm, I understand its sales and you will have to work later. It got to the point where I worked 60-70hours a week and barely making enough to pay bills.

Advice to Management

raise base salary

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful, positive and supportive managers who want to see you succeed.
    The most encouraging and friendly environment.
    Great benefits! (only available at 60 days of employment)
    Great commission structure and great potential to make a lot of money.

Cons

Minimum wage base pay
    Very hard, emotional sale

"Private Search Dating Director"

Current Employee - Private Search Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Private Search Dating Director in Hallandale Beach, FL

Pros

I have loved working at It's Just Lunch for over 4 years now. There is a great work environment and it feels great to be part of the team.
    Management is also plus. They are very appreciative of our efforts.
    We make a real difference in people's lives and if you work towards staying long enough with the company you will see the positive effect your day to day work has on your clients.

Cons

As with most customer service jobs work can become overwhelming at times.

"Dating Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

That you work in a climate controlled environment. There are benefits after 90 days. Training is fun and very easy if you put the effort into it.

Cons

This company is full of misleading promises and unrealistic expectations. You are not able to work at your own pace and get into your own grove. the office environment is very micro managing and the only ones making sales are the ones that have been there for a long time. There is a few others that work form home and another one in the office that has been doing dating sales for a long time. They are the top salers in the company. If your prepared to be a telemarket agent sitting at a desk all day making 8.50 and hour calling old leads that have been harassed, some called over 40 times then this is the job for you. But if your looking for a career job with a true team and want to go home feeling good about what your doing find something else. Everyone that is working there is looking for something else literally because it's emotionally draining and negative with very low pay.

Advice to Management

The manager has been Doing this all her life and is as fake as they come. All she cares about is pushing her sales style on you so you can make her money. She also steals all the new lead dallas from everyone in the office. She is selfish and micro manager that makes you feel like something is wrong with what your doing because you can't sale overpriced memberships to people over the phone. Gives you no flexibility with your schedule. Worst laser I have ever worked with if I was under a different manager things might of been different.

"Former IJL employee who had years of experience here"

Former Employee - Former Dating Specialist in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Former Dating Specialist in Riverside, CA

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've written a previous review and because I get these new IJL reviews still sent to my email I felt I needed to interject and maybe help a few people out who may be reading this...Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved my position at IJL where I was able to interface with my clients on a one on one basis and really take my time to get to know them. There was nothing more important to me than getting to know my clients, getting them out on amazing dates, and then sharing in their excitement over who they just met. Yes, I too did pick up the phone and dial clients who had used our service in the past but that in and of itself was exciting....I wanted to hear how they were doing! I loved the enthusiasm in people's voices when they told me "thanks for checking in on US...we are still together." I wanted all the details! I wanted to hear why this couple had individually come to date through IJL, what their expectations were, and how they knew each other was the right match. Many of these happy couples couldn't wait to shoot me their wedding, engagement, and even their honeymoon photos...many still on cloud nine after being introduced to each other a decade or so before. And yes I did talk to former clients who didn't find their match through IJL and for various reasons - some met significant others through mutual friends (many of whom acknowledged they did have really good dates and loved the convenience and their experience, and would keep IJL in mind for future reference should they enter the dating scene yet again), some would tell me it was ironic I reached out to them because they had been meaning to reach out to us again, and there were some that appreciated the call but would tell me that it just didn't work out for them because they had either moved, reconciled with an ex, or had some good dates but the sparks weren't flying. And I would have their files in front of me, asking them questions and letting them know what was new and exciting on our end. In other words, my job was one of conversation and connection. I was good at it because I was genuinely interested in taking my time to really get to know these unique individuals and discussing with them why I felt IJL would be a good fit for them and how we together as a team could strategize for them based on their expectations with regard to their dating lives. Soooooo with all this being said and the picture I just presented of how I approached my job you can see that it was more than "just a sales job" for me. No one works for a company and does well unless they believe in the company they work for and their own capabilities within that company. I knew I was good at what I did and I knew I could make an impact in people's lives....and I believed in It's Just Lunch fully because I spoke to people day in and day out who had success dating through us. "Success" could mean much more than falling in love and marriage. For some, "success" was finally devoting sufficient attention to dating again after a divorce or becoming widowed and for some it meant various other things, but one thing I knew for certain was that for each client his or her definition of a successful IJL experience was very much personalized and they expected the connection with me as this company's representative to be very sincere and genuine. So be very genuine, be honest, promote realistic expectations of what each client could expect by working with their team of experts and guess what......you will love your job and the commissions/salary/benefits that so many on this review site seem to be focused on will flow your way because people will be drawn to wanting to work with you and the rest of the IJL staff because you made a connection with them and they believe in YOU and your sincerity when you paint the picture of what they can expect. I loved the connection I was able to make with my clients and that would lead to better connections in terms of great dates for them. PROS working at IJL for me were all of the amazing clients I was able to get to know, the excitement surrounding people's dating lives and how it made me feel each time my clients would tell me they couldn't wait until their very first date right after they joined, and the fact that I was getting paid to do something I loved doing.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are the ones that don't last in this business. Good sales people do not con. Good sales people do not deceive. They don't have to resort to those tactics because they believe in what they do, they enjoy what they do, and they believe in the company itself. Can you believe in IJL after reading some of these reviews? I am here writing this because I believe so. I believe as an IJL representative there are plenty of amazing marriages, couples, and even individuals whose lives have been touched in a great way by the experience IJL has been for them....like I mentioned before, "success" at IJL dating can be measured in many personalized ways - for some it's marriage and for others it is as simple as the boost of confidence they received knowing they were being proactive in their dating lives and had a team of dating experts working with them to make that happen. And for some it was knowing that their dates were being prescreened to suit their preferences and the real "success" was not having to scour the countless internet sites in search of possible dates only to be disappointedly "catfished." So, be genuine, sincere, and set those realistic expectations for people on what they can expect and there will be no "cons." IJL management has always been really good at weeding out the employees who don't have their client's best interests at heart and I know that it's important to their brand to continue doing so. I loved this corporate mindset.

Advice to Management

I don't work for IJL anymore due to reasons beyond my control but will always be open to coming back in a variety of possible roles should circumstances change for me and will be in touch. Always remember that a company is only as good as it's employees and continue in the tradition of hiring and keeping those who align to IJL's vision for it's clients. IJL will continue to grow and provide quality service to it's many clients based on this aspect so just as it's team of dating experts is picky and choosy for it's clients I know it is of continued importance for iJL to be picky and choosy when it comes to hiring its quality core of employees.

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lithia, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Lithia, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch (More than a year)

Pros

It's Just Lunch is a fantastic place to work. Work life balance is important to my success and I have that working here. We promote from within and career advancement was very important to me I personally have moved from a dating specialist into management. We are a family and truly care about each persons success. They provide the tools, training and encouragement to go straight to the top of the earning potential. i love coming into work every day. I love helping others and my team! It's Just Lunch is top notch all around!

Cons

I have no cons. I love working here and i honestly cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, because it is working!

"Don't waste your time. Run the other way"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Addison, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Insurance. M-f 9-6. Contests.

Cons

It's a scam. You do not get enough new leads. It is a very hard sale! Only the ones who have been there for years make any $. Mostly commission low hrly rate. Revolving door of employees quitting

Advice to Management

Don't continue to hire more and more people when you don't have the leads to warrant that many people.