It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated September 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work environment, the success stories and the hard work put in (in 17 reviews)

• Managers are understanding of family work life balance and are flexible with that (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Old leads, terrible pay, it's more like debt collection than actual sales (in 14 reviews)

• Also, the commission structure was terrible (in 8 reviews)

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great money- flexible hours- Great management and leadership- Ability to move up in company-

Cons

No cons if you like to work hard and aren't afraid of closing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Apr 3, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review. We know how important management and leadership is to the success of our staff and we greatly appreciate the hard work of all of our employees.

"Disposable Employees"

Former Employee - Dating Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Dating Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great learning experience in a unique industry

Cons

- Owner doesn't care about employees (no benefits were provided)
    - "Directors" (sales) were cutthroat and came off as extremely fake
    - Clients were spoiled and rude and would blame dating coordinators for their inability to be successful
    - Directors would bring on just about any client to hit quota, regardless of whether or not we had appropriate matches for them in our active client files

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees

Mar 16, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for sharing. We manage our clients’ expectations to be realistic, however, there is emotion that goes into any dating process. The ability to work with a prospective client is based on... More

"Dating Specialist Money Makers"

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the opportunity to make up to 22% percent commission and have large two week paychecks. Very organized training curriculum to prepare you to be successful. The management and training support is always there and you have a lot of people to reach out to. YOU CAN MAKE A LOT OF MONEY IF YOU ARE MOTIVATED!

Cons

Employees don't give themselves enough time to learn the industry and build up their craft of being successful. I see so much potential walk in the doors and they either aren't motivated or they don't believe in what we do. Other con, I didn't start here sooner!!!

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing.

Jan 24, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for your post. I love that you pointed out that there is some serious earning potential!

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Personal Dating Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Dating Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Great Staff. Great commission structure.The entire company(including upper management) is very supportive and focused on helping you succeed. If you are coach-able and open, you can do very well. I love the positive, can-do attitude that is present on a daily basis.

Cons

Not a con really but this job isn't for everyone. If you do not like making numerous phone calls a day or are not open to being coached and learning new things, this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Feb 7, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review IJL. You are so right, if you are open to coaching and learning new things and have a positive attitude you can do very well.

"Competetive and Friendly"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great commission structure, compassionate management who drives you to succeed. Quality training. Fantastic Benefits

Cons

Low base salary -- you get what you put into this job. Not for someone looking to coast.

Jan 30, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Our managers are pretty amazing, aren't they! And you're right - our compensation is largely commission based, which means you really get what... More

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great teamwork, help from managers across the country even after training, constant motivation to achieve success, plenty of leads (new and older)

Cons

compensation ability is high, however is really dependent on getting someone to join. dependent on someone else saying yes.

Advice to Management

keep up the teamwork and motivation to new DS

Jan 19, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We are so happy to have you here at IJL! Our trainers and managers will continue to help motivate new Dating Specialists - thanks so much for the feedback!

"Dating Coordinator"

Current Employee - Dating Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Dating Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

I really enjoy with working with IJL! Its a positive work environment with amazing co workers. Every one here takes pride in what they do. Management is the best ! They are understanding and motivating.

Cons

Just like anywhere else it gets overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You guys make it so much easier to come to work..

Jan 24, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your post and sharing your positive experiences with IJL!

"Love "working" here."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with It's Just Lunch over six years and nothing is better than knowing you're helping to change lives . Hearing success stories, meeting success stories, and knowing that you're a part of something so important it's the best feeling to have in any career! It's Just Lunch has also change my life giving me the opportunity to excel at something I believe in and focus on my own personal success . It doesn't feel like a "job" even when it's a lot of work its fun, rewarding, and interesting everyday.

Cons

Sales can be difficult ,this particular sale can be emotional and tough to conquer right away. It takes work and patience just like any other job when you're just getting started. So many times in the sales position you have to constantly motivate and remind yourself of why you're passionate and why you're here. I don't see this as a con.

Advice to Management

I am lucky to work with the best CEO who has more experience and passion to trickle down to the entire company. She and the managers in the sales department all have the strongest belief and passion for their team and clients I can't think of any advice to give other than to stay focused on that!

Jan 19, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing your story; it's amazing to hear that you find working for IJL so rewarding. You're right, sales can be difficult and it certainly takes the right kind of person. We'll... More

"Carnage- not even worth the star I was required to click"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros. If you have an ounce of dignity or respect for humans you will NOT attempt to sell them the lies that IJL has to offer.

Cons

The entire company sets you up to fail as an employee and as a client. The bottom line is always about money. The company will lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. This means to the clients directly and to the employees directly.

Advice to Management

Micro-managing gets no one anywhere. Each of you say something completely different each time you speak. None of you follow the actual procedures because you say it depends on the client...no, it depends on how much money you can get from them. It's awful. I really don't know how you sleep at night.

Jan 25, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are sorry that you do not feel your experience was positive. It’s Just lunch has over 25 years of successfully matching clients and... More

"A lot of work for little pay"

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great way of helping people find one another. great co workers

Cons

I ended up giving more of my time then I was hired for. suppose to work 9-6pm, I understand its sales and you will have to work later. It got to the point where I worked 60-70hours a week and barely making enough to pay bills.

Advice to Management

raise base salary