It's Just Lunch 187 Reviews | Glassdoor

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated February 14, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Can work from home, flexible hours, excellent training program (in 34 reviews)

• There is a great work environment and it feels great to be part of the team (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Old leads, terrible pay, it's more like debt collection than actual sales (in 14 reviews)

• The commission structure ensures if you sell a (in 7 reviews)

"Worst"

Pros

Flexible schedule, that is really about it. Not an up and coming place.

Cons

Pay, Hours, Benefits, Culture, Team Work is Non Existent

Advice to Management

Try to gain some credibility

"Amazing management, organization, and fulfilling place to work!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at It's Just Lunch (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin? I thoroughly enjoy working at IJL! Not only is it an amazing work environment where I feel celebrated and appreciated. It's also a fulfilling position helping others find love and happiness! Organizationally you couldn't ask for better individuals; never have I worked at a place where not only my immediate management is proactive in my success, but also those at the VP and Executive levels. I truly feel as though I am a member of a team not only concerned with their own personal success but also that of the clients we serve. There is room for growth here; both professionally and personally and at the end of each day I feel emotionally gratified having helped my clients take a proactive step towards bettering their lives by finding meaningful companionship.

Cons

As with any position, the occasional client can become emotionally exhausting. Being in the dating/relationship industry, we get to know our members on a deep personal level and there are those who can take an emotional toll on you. It's all made better knowing that you ARE helping them live better, more satisfying lives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's amazing being a part of a team where management is so passionately involved in helping you succeed.

"dating specialist"

Pros

Working from home and controlling your own schedule

Cons

Oh my goodness. I also am alerted to new reviews and have thus seen the nauseating positive reviews of late. Please, if you are considering a position at this company, Google the consumer reviews first. This company does NOT deliver quality service and in order to do well, you must be OK with that. If one is OK with that, that necessarily means that they are willing to mislead because there is no way you can sell this membership unless you do mislead clients into believing that the staff who sets up their dates actually match them WELL, based upon their preferences, which you will see by the consumer reviews, they do not. Of course, once in a while a match will work out, but that is a very small percentage. If you have integrity, do your homework before taking this job or at least have a back up in place if you find you cannot stomach participating in over promising and under delivering to unsuspecting, lonely people.

"Quality at its BEST"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at It's Just Lunch (More than 5 years)

Pros

Commendable commitment the entire IJL team to providing quality service to our clientele. The environment here at IJL is always providing an exceptional service, weather you are a dating specialist, the matchmaker or even one of the life coaches, we get to work for them... the client to help them in their discreet and fun search of great quality dates at ITS BEST.

Cons

I have not found any.

Advice to Management

Keep us growing, we have so many great areas and clients to help everyday.

"Fun Place To Work"

I have been working at It's Just Lunch (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's great helping people find love! And you can make AMAZING money doing so!! Training and support is great and they really want you to be successful! Great benefits.

Cons

It would be fun to have the Matchmakers in the same office as the Dating Specialist but maybe one day.

7. "Entry Level Sales Job"

Pros

Matchmaking sounds glamorous, I liked some of my co-workers, commissions paid twice a month

Cons

Lots of OLD leads, encouraged to strong arm potential clients into signing contracts, sign clients that may not meet demographics for adequate matches, cost to join service very expensive

8. "I love this industry!"

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work environment and amazing co-workers. Everyone has a team player approach and the support is great. This is an extremely rewarding job and we have amazing clients. I love hearing the client success stories as it reminds me of why I come to work every day!

Cons

Dating can be emotional in general, so you have to really understand the Dating Service industry to be successful. If you have a positive upbeat attitude and enjoy helping others you will be very successful!

"Great Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Membership Coordinator/Dating Specialist in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment, paid training, great management!

Cons

Pay is a little low...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"IJL- My Dream Job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Dating Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Dating Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Highly recommend without any reservation working for It's Just Lunch. Overall, employees, sales managers, and VP's have been very supportive. The high income potential is absolutely amazing. The company's culture is wonderful and motivates everyone to strive for excellence. Fortunately, It's Just Lunch has a World-Class CEO, Melissa Brown.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any cons regarding working at It's Just Lunch.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership.

"Recuriter"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist/Recruiter in Humble, TX
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist/Recruiter in Humble, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch (Less than a year)

Pros

Working was great. I was able to spend time with my family and get paid!

Cons

The pay was very low. You had to make over 100 calls per day. I did not believe the company was doing right by people.