It's Just Lunch Reviews | Glassdoor

It's Just Lunch Reviews

Updated May 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work from Home Office, you get to speak to and help all different types of people (in 35 reviews)

• The work environment, the success stories and the hard work put in (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Old leads, terrible pay, it's more like debt collection than actual sales (in 14 reviews)

• Also, the commission structure was terrible (in 7 reviews)

"Motivation and Inspiration"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have the greatest teacher on earth! My boss has been an inspiration and I couldn't have come this far without her. I love the concept of what we do here. I enjoy coming into the office. I love talking with clients and closing deals.

Cons

The database could use some work. There are a lot of bad numbers or no contact information at all. It would be helpful if they were removed because it is time consuming having to go through them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the confidence building that is utilized throughout the company. It is very encouraging and motivational. The inspiration that I receive on a daily basis to drive and succeed is a great tool that I haven't received from any other company.

"Dream Job!!"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist - IJL Corporate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist - IJL Corporate in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Very positive atmosphere; corporate culture without the secrets and red tape; HR is always organized and transparent; no limits on earnings/bonuses; managers believe in you and openly share their lessons to make you a better leader, sales rep, and overall person. This company has changed 1,000's of lives!! If you are NOT a go-getter and don't believe in yourself and the company's mission, you won't succeed. This company does not mislead their clients, unlike a lot of other dating services! Base pay + commission bonuses + PTO = dream come true.

Cons

If you have compassion, the toughest part of the job is giving up on clients who cannot afford the membership. Their stories are so personal, sometimes so heartbreaking, that its clear IJL is financially not feasible. That's the only major con to this company and job.

Advice to Management

More PTO or overtime earned towards PTO.

It's Just Lunch Response

Jun 2, 2016 – Online Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Glad you are on the team!

"SALES"

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

Pros

nothing; just that the office is situated in the heart of dc

Cons

unethical bosses not work life balance; bullying; bribery of employees

Advice to Management

fire all the management and replace them with ethical management

"Tinder"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro is that, this was employment. I was hired under good impressions and the desire to use my sales tactics and advance in a company.

Cons

Where do I begin?

Commission structure changing .
    Shady recruitment tactic (ie promoting the job as $60k when they know that is NOT accurate-even with commission).

They hire ppl to dial old old old leads. They make you believe that after you sell ONE, that you will be assigned to new leads. Lies! You will dial OLD leads called RDA.Tthey will try to show you the stats of other sales reps, but those ppl are NOT dialing old leads, they are in different campaigns and its always the same four or five people making those commissions. I was fired because I spoke up. I told other ppl about all the lawsuits, and management tried to play the lawsuits down. I spoke up about how it's unfair to change the commission structure so soon.

Don't work here. Just save yourself the time , really.

Advice to Management

Stop lieing.
    You scam single people
    Lie to singles
    Lie to honest job seekers.

What else will it take for you guys to be honest? How many more lawsuits.

I reported them to BBB

"Dating Specialist"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work from home, flexible schedule

Cons

Constantly changing commission structure to unobtainable goals. Management controls lead flow so if you have a good week, leads will be cut off for the following week. Favoritism from management on lead distribution and markets assigned.

Advice to Management

Be up front and honest with how many new leads will be provided, stop dumping all your leads into the office locations like Dallas. Give all of your reps an opportunity to succeed.

"Great concept poor delivery"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very interactive training, great coaching from some of the managers , got to work from home

Cons

Poor leads, once you're out of training i felt like some what abondoned by certain managers. No team or culture environment. Leads were outdated and their closing methods were very pushy and aggressive

Advice to Management

Treat each of sales rep as a friend, one you can be open and upfront with, too much fluff going o

"Horrible place to work for."

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in Boise, ID

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok, training was lengthy. They are helpful. They have a good training team.

Cons

The harassing sales you have to do for you pay is inhumane

Advice to Management

Stop calling people who are married or no longer looking. Or get better lawyers

"Positive experience"

Current Employee - Private Search Dating Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Private Search Dating Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I personally love the flexibility in hours and the support management and trainers give. I suppose you can say, the culture of this company is vibrant and positive. Even though there's ample training, you still must be self-motivated to do well. If you like being micromanage then this company is not for you, if you like being rewarded for your efforts then this may be a good fit.

Cons

There's base and commission for this job, sometimes it would be nice to have a higher base but when months are good, commission makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Dating Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking in to doing an intense sales position, this is a good job because you get to see first hand some good tactics about sales. The pay is also for someone who doesn't have any major responsibilities.

Cons

At times, other employees had an unprofessional work ethic. While working 9-6 is ideal, it can be a strain when you are given lengthy tasks on top of your responsibilities with such high pressure. There were also times that management was very inappropriate with the way they communicated issues through out the office.

Advice to Management

It would be best if there other strategies on how to approach situations of conflict in the office - yelling and degrading is not one of those.

"Awesome Work Environment!"

Current Employee - It's Just Lunch Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - It's Just Lunch Coordinator in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this job! It's the first place I've actually liked working at in quite some time. It's a great place for those that have lots of customer service experience to get into more of an office environment rather than call center. We're all one big family here at IJL and I couldn't ask for a better place to work!

Cons

Organization is key to being successful in your roles at IJL. If you can manage that, you'll do great!