Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Itron President & CEO Philip Mezey
Philip Mezey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Amazing things going on, in fact WAY too much!"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

We are doing amazing things at Itron. It is some of the most interesting work I could imagine doing in this field.

Cons

Management does not understand the extremely complication nature of our technology. They think everything is easy, but in fact we have some of the most complex technology on the planet. It is the requirements that are complicated, not just the way we implemented it. This means they think everything should also come very fast, which is very far from the truth.

Advice to Management

Finally realize you are asking us to work miracles, and that takes time. In fact what we are doing here is more complicated than anything Apple does. When you ask for 5 man years of work in 1 year, and also expect high quality, you have a paradox. When you ask why we don't get as much done you ask, that is the reason. All the stuff being done to make us work faster is actually addressing the wrong problem. The most notable one would be shifting engineering to India, which has not worked well at all and has been an enormous burden on the company, which clearly isn't visible to those outside of engineering that actually has to work with them.

2. "R&D Developer"

I have been working at Itron full-time

Pros

Itron has a more than reasonable flexible/reasonable work/life schedule. When things need to be done or fixed, the pressure is on, but thankfully this is not a constant. If you can complete your required tasks and still work from home once a week, more power to you.

The technology and market are interesting with lots of potential for growth.

Cons

Communication from management has improved, but the market is very much in flux, so it can feel like they are not on top of things.

Salaries aren't terrible, but could be higher frankly. (bonuses can make up for this )

Very little room for growth, and very middle management heavy.

3. "Great place to work"

I worked at Itron full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Large company, but the upper management makes you feel like family. Plenty of ways to move up, if you want..

Cons

The shifts were 12 hours and very hot where I was located. The cafeteria is only open to weekday employees, leaving weekend out.

Advice to Management

Keep making the on the floor, feel like they're appreciated. That alone can make a difference in a company.

4. "Slow and stable and a bit outdated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Average to good salary and benefits. A stable employer that many people stay at for a long time.

Cons

A lot of people have been with the company for a long time and a fair percentage of their skills seem to have peaked quite a while ago resulting in some outdated thinking and technology. The company can be very slow to react or change anything. Do not look here for rapid career advancement, there are a lot of people in line ahead of you and this is a company where you need to stick it out for the long haul to advance.

Advice to Management

Be a lot more engaged with your staff.

Jul 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate the fact that we do see a high number of employees who have been with us for many years, but we also understand the skill gap. We... More

5. "Over all a good place to work"

Current Employee - Back Up Team Leader/Operator in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - Back Up Team Leader/Operator in West Union, SC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very good

Cons

Requires a lot of over time

6. "RF Field Engineer"

Pros

Benefits, time off, and travel.

Cons

There was a lot of travel

7. "About to extend their lead in the industry"

Pros

Committed to the Utility industry. Differentiated tech. Culture is to make the customer successful. Influence and ability to bring new products to market successfully.

Cons

Running too lean. Doing more with less has limits and consequences. Too reliant upon individual efforts and relationships. Backlog of development.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Review processes for inefficiency, like redundancy, inconsistency, and tribal knowledge. Review partnership operational benefits to create more value. Drive culture of accountability.

Feb 13, 2017 – Director Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the postive ratings! We are constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency within our organization.

8. "SQA"

Former Employee - ProjetMnae, Maufctrn Mnae, SQA Engner in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - ProjetMnae, Maufctrn Mnae, SQA Engner in Jackson, MS

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with Itron personnel

Cons

No comment concerning the cons of Itron. Their issues are no different from other large companies.

Advice to Management

None

Feb 13, 2017 – Director Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback!

"Senior Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Liberty Lake, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working in Services is great because of the people you work with, they are all excellent.

Cons

The fact that we hire people and immediately throw them into the fire with minimal training is ludicrous. If we train them properly, and not just on how to do their time sheets, it would lighten the load for the rest of the team where they are assigned.

Advice to Management

Go back to the 6 week training program from a few years ago. Online training is nice for refresher courses but can'take replace classroom discussion and hands-on experience with the software.

Dec 30, 2016 – Director Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your candid feedback. We would like to hear more about your recommendations. Please contact Pearl in Talent Acquisition. Let's set up an appointment to discuss.

"Proactive and tenacious people do well here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, work flexibility, cutting-edge technology, smart people, and you directly contribute to the success of the company. Passive people who wait for work assignments will not be successful here. You must be proactive and quality focused.

Cons

Inconsistent raises, no on-boarding training program, and facilities need updating. Employees must keep their skills updated on their own - the employee training program is in its infancy.

Advice to Management

Implement employee training programs from basic onboarding to learning about complicated technologies. Improve career path support.

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

As we begin to re-evaluate our training and development opportunities, we appreciate insight from our current employees. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!