Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Itron Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance sometimes can be affected (in 7 reviews)

• No training - use it up and throw it away mentality (in 5 reviews)

1. "Accountant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron (More than a year)

Pros

Nice culture. great employees. cool canteen

Cons

great opportunity to grow overseas for example in Ireland

Advice to Management

To work on more training for new employees

"Proactive and tenacious people do well here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, work flexibility, cutting-edge technology, smart people, and you directly contribute to the success of the company. Passive people who wait for work assignments will not be successful here. You must be proactive and quality focused.

Cons

Inconsistent raises, no on-boarding training program, and facilities need updating. Employees must keep their skills updated on their own - the employee training program is in its infancy.

Advice to Management

Implement employee training programs from basic onboarding to learning about complicated technologies. Improve career path support.

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

As we begin to re-evaluate our training and development opportunities, we appreciate insight from our current employees. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

"growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great opportunities to work cross functionally, management is listening and there are more and more training and advancement opportunities.

Cons

there are some very old school thinking managers here that do not allow simple perks, like flex hours, etc. luckily there are not many left

Advice to Management

keep it up! the focus groups have obviously helped tremendously.

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement!

5. "Good company with a progressive view"

Former Employee - Managed Services Engineer in Pearl, MS
    Former Employee - Managed Services Engineer in Pearl, MS

I worked at Itron (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology and advanced software capabilities

Cons

Same as most companies, the politics can make progress slow at times.

"RF Design Engineer"

Current Employee - RF Engineer in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in West Union, SC

Pros

Good workplace, nice people, and great project

Cons

Slow pace in daily work

"Company Changing"

Former Employee - Senior R&D Project Manager in West Union, SC
    Former Employee - Senior R&D Project Manager in West Union, SC

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great relationships, many people there a long time, cutting edge technology for utility industry

Cons

Recently adopted the strategy of people are expendable to manage the bottom line, don't follow their own corporate policies, very subjective performance evaluations. Went from best work experience to worst with the change of boss.

Advice to Management

Actually treat your employees as your greatest asset rather than just mouthing the words.

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As we grow and adapt to the market, it is crucial that we are constantly evaluating where we are and where we want to be as a company ... More

"Software Programmer"

Current Employee - North Carolina in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - North Carolina in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Other employees are very willing to belp. Employees work well together. Emphsis on quality. Good company communications. Good benifits.

Cons

No training - use it up and throw it away mentality. Management changes adding buzzwords and clashing with working culture. Lack of management across projects, sites, and products. Every time hardware designs a produt, they reinvent the software. Performance review process is not top down, performance is relative to work group, not job title. Low pay raises based on performsnce review.

Advice to Management

Use a BS detector when hiring upper management

Nov 22, 2016 – University Recruiting Mnager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We hope that with some of the recent evaluations and focus groups we will be able to harness that feedback for the betterment of the company as ... More

"Very dirty management, very sneaky"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy traveling, it's a good company for that, but otherwise the pros aren't much. Not many pros, but anything they don't have to pay for is a pro, as they love to overcharge their clients.

Cons

Let's see, where do I start...
    1) Low ball on their offers, by over 20% of the market rate. Very little to no advancement, if you push them by saying you will quit, you might get a push but it's not worth it to beg for it - everyone in the company has a big mouth!!
    2) I was told I will only be traveling 50~70%, ended up at over 95% for the year and working weekends for no overtime or PTO exchange. I also was told that every 3 weeks of travel, you will be given a week to work remote, guess what - that didn't happen.. maybe every 3 months you might get a week remote (home). If you don't like seeing your family and friends except on weekends, then this job is right for you!
    3) Management doesn't think about talent, only focus is money, and how much they can use you before you run out of fuel. Talent is leaving, right an left due to the fact management is too wall Street driven.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees, stop only looking at numbers, because you aren't advancing in the industry due to loss of amazing talent due to your narrow minded approach to market.

"Field Engineering"

Former Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Engineer in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to make positive changes (sometimes), it's also a company with very good benefits.

Cons

Some managers didn't have our backs when it came to dealing with the customer. Management consistently ignored their SOP (one that they created) and would throw employees under the bus (and proceed to drive it over them). It's as if they were afraid to tell the customer that they are/were wrong.

Advice to Management

Clear communications with employee and follow the plan. If there are changes to the plan make sure this information is passed on to the employees ASAP. Be accountable (something that is stressed to the employees by upper management).

"Not so much....."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Okay benefits. Good cafeteria. Good parking. Good snow removal. Nice campus. Outdoor basketball court on site. Outdoor sand volleyball court on site.

Cons

Management plays favorites: (Church group, friends, similar interests, etc).
    Coworkers play favorites: (Church group, friends, similar interests, etc).
    Very rare promotions.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when they say there is a problem between coworkers or a worker and a manager. Act aggressively on solving the problem immediately. Pick a path on products and stick to it. If it's not getting out fast enough, obviously it's being managed poorly. Too many middle and upper level managers who appear to only be looking out for their own advancement.