Itron Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been there for more than 5 years. The people there are great to work with and very helpful. I've enjoyed pay increases and bonuses on an annual basis. The benefits are excellent. I love to travel and my job allows that 40-45 weeks a year.

Cons

Technology is cutting edge and you have to be a self-motivator to keep up. Opportunities are available, but you have to apply for them. Work pace can be brutal at times.

Advice to Management

Don't get stuck in the rut, consider other ways of doing things.

2. "Machine Operator/Production Assembler Itron Inc. Waseca Minnesota 1998-2006"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Waseca, MN
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Waseca, MN

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome team environment. Benefits were pretty standard for the area! Would have never left knowing what I do now. I began working at Itron through a temp agency. About a week into the job a man came by our test towers and seen that we were short handed. He introduced himself as Bob ask why we only had 2 people doing the job of 3-4 and I explained that we had 2 call in sick and were waiting for help from other lines to arrive. He took over testing so I could pack and knew the little tricks to help get accurate testing completed. about a month later we had a quarterly meeting were ALL employee's gathered in the break/lunchroom and discussed how the company was performing and such. Bob the gentleman that had helped us for about 15mins. until our promised help arrived was running the meeting and introduced himself as the VP of manufacturing and about 3 other titles at the time. After each segment of his presentation he asked for questions and I raised my hand and with out thinking about it he called on me by name. I didn't have a name badge at the time. After 15mins of working with me(a temp employee) he remembered me by name a month later! He knew not only what every position on the production floor was, but he could train a new employee on it, and after he shakes your hand he remembers who you are. through the 8+ years working at Itron Bob would walk the production floor not as an axe man looking for the bad workers but as a co-worker giving advise on how to deal with interpersonal issues or how to hold your tweezers to make hand placing parts easier on your wrist. Bob Whitney was the best Senior staff I have ever worked under.

Cons

Had some growing pains back then, but speaking to friends that are still employee's the great culture has returned!

Advice to Management

Keep making sure your employees from the bottom to the top know they are what makes your company great! And keep living up to the nobody is just a number culture!

3. "Exciting company with a lot of opportunity"

Pros

Itron is an exciting company to be a part of. The utility industry is changing and evolving with more advanced technologies, which makes the work we do more interesting and exciting. There are many opportunities for growth within the company and the corporate culture is generally very positive. I like coming to work each day.

Cons

The company has struggled a bit in the past couple of years, which has led to some reorganization. However, the company outlook is very positive.

5. "Large company that has opportunities to advance your career."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team of workers in support, benefits are good, opportunities to move advance in your career, and stability.

Cons

No comments as of this time.

"Best Company so far"

Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't emphasis this enough, the skills of my colleagues are unprecedented. I've been a consultant at many companies since the start of my career (around 15) and hands down I've never worked with people with such a high skill level. From the high level creativity and ideas to the very low level coding skills it's just amazing. I really love everything about this company. I've never felt at home at any company I've worked at, I've always felt like an outsider and moved on to the next one after my consulting tasks were done. I could see myself staying here a long time. Don't get me wrong it's not all yes men, if someone thinks your idea is wrong they will argue with you until you are blue in the face. You really have to think things out and make sure your idea is the best. It's an amazing opportunity and I feel privileged every day I come to work.

Cons

I can't really see any cons. I've heard from others who used to work here that they did not always like the intense design sessions but for me I absolutely love them and think by the act of collaborative argumentation we always end up at a much better design\idea than any individual person could come up with on their own.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction you are currently (8/5/2015). I've been here about three years and I've only seen things get better and better. Management seems to listen to us grunt workers and get better all them time. I've really never been able to see a company listen and improve as much as Itron. It's a really fun thing to watch from inside.

"Quality Work Environment"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Liberty Lake, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate Headquarters located in Liberty Lake, WA is extremely nice (nice conference rooms, atrium, cafeteria, gym, basketball court, volleyball court). Opportunity to grow here if you make the most of it.

Cons

Management team is changing therefore staying on course under new leadership strategies can cause confusion with the old regime.

Advice to Management

Determine a strategy for itron and ensure that your lower management operate to such strategy.

8. "itron"

Former Employee - Security Software Engineer in Fair Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Security Software Engineer in Fair Oaks, CA

I worked at Itron (More than a year)

Pros

Good and experienced people, Solid community spirit and active engagement with employees. Itron also seeks to ensure all employees have access to the benefits and necessities they need.

Cons

Not easy process to join, As a large corporation everyone is a vital part of the operations. The company only hires the best and brightest so when layoffs come everyone is a potential loss.

Advice to Management

Take care about your employs

9. "Project Analyst / Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, true work & life balance. I can work from home whenever I need to. Great resources to help perform work. Good pay.

Cons

Some poor managers, I'm lucky enough to have a good one. Currently dealing with picking up responsibility of employees who have left the company or moved. Rather than adding to our workloads, a replacement should be sought.

Advice to Management

The outlook is bright. Continue to show your employees they are valued.

10. "Instructional Designer"

Current Employee - TechComm in Liberty Lake, WA
    Current Employee - TechComm in Liberty Lake, WA

Pros

This is an awesome company. They pay good wages and provide an interesting work environment with plenty of room to grow.

Cons

I have found no cons to this company.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction of better computer technology and cloud services.

11. "Senior Project Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Itron had the best customer focused delivery methodology with a focus on high quality delivery and a high level of customer support. Itron had a detailed project management methodology that matched industry best practices and resulted in a great deal of positive documentation and useful deliverables. PM management was very supportive and positive in employee growth though not always capable of providing a career path.

Cons

Competitive industry resulting in sacrificing services profitability in order to sell product resulted in over committing resources and causing scope grief and resource constraints later in the projects. Lack of solid plans for industry leadership due to a huge focus on investor returns while sacrificing ingenuity and avoiding risk.